Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2020, 05:42 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times

Advertisements

Secret service are to take a bullet to guard the president. Same death sentence ...different method . Covid.

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Bill Barr to self-quarantine "out of an abundance of caution".

https://www.wfmj.com/story/42718363/...elf-quarantine

He'll probably chill, watch Netflix, and go through all the audio tapes of our phone calls per his draconian Patriot Act.

This is some great news. Its the right thing to do, and I am happy Barr has made this change in his behavior!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The President is doing more work now, hospitalized with Covid, than Sleepy Joe has done in his entire career.
Pretty sure Joe Biden has actually signed more things then just blank papers like Trump did.....

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Why? The Obama-Biden administration simply stopped testing for H1N1 after the numbers got too big. The media didn't have a problem with it and I'm sure you didn't either.
Individual reporting was halted after a few months, but some testing did continue — and the two viruses are very different, making the comparison misleading.

Whereas pandemic H1N1 influenza was no worse than the seasonal flu, and testing did not play much of a role in controlling the spread of the virus, COVID-19 is far more deadly, and testing is critical for contact tracing and isolation.

The CDC explains in an archived webpage that individual cases of H1N1 pandemic influenza were monitored early on to track the spread of the disease, but as the virus became widespread, the case counts “became an increasingly inaccurate representation of the true burden of disease” as many people were mildly ill and did not seek treatment and the vast majority were not tested.

“CDC recognized early in the outbreak that once disease was widespread,” the website continues, “it would be more valuable to transition to standard surveillance systems to monitor illness, hospitalizations and deaths.”

I know conservative pundits tried to bring this up this summer and it is clear the decision the CDC reached was based on science -- not on Obama/Biden policy.

And there are archival documents to prove it.

BUT even if it was the case..........here's the thing.

this is 2020 and Trump claims he iss prevailing over this virus........so he should prevail ---- and he isn't.

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
What's he gonna do if one of those guys in car car test positive?
He doesn't care. It is all about him. He wants his voters no matter what.

Old 10-04-2020, 05:43 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Why? The Obama-Biden administration simply stopped testing for H1N1 after the numbers got too big. The media didn't have a problem with it and I'm sure you didn't either.

I know this is a shocker, but Covid-19 is FAR FAR more dangerous then H1N1. This comparison is just utter nonsense.

Old 10-04-2020, 05:44 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,307,455 times
Biden tested negative again today - Sunday 10/4.

PCR test which is more accurate than the rapid test

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...e-for-covid-19

Old 10-04-2020, 05:44 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Yeah, back in April, I was mildly symptomatic for 2 days, but It took MUCH longer to get the required negative tests to get back to work.

There aren't really concerns about long term effects, there's some concern about myocarditis but that's typically mild, temporary, and can happen with literally any upper respiratory infection. I did have a slight but noticeable reduction in lung capacity for a few months afterwards....but nothing that stopped me from doing cardio workouts even a week or so after recovery.

That said, I'm fairly young and I don't have any major health concerns. My parents had a similar experience, only with them it was a bit less mild. They had a bad cough for 2 weeks and they struggled to wear masks in public for very long without their oxygen levels tanking, but it went away a month or so after recovery.

COVID-19 is just another respiratory infection, almost no one statistically has anything to fear from it. Obviously there are outliers and they are tragic, but that's true of anything.
Seems it scared Trump and his doctors enough to send him to the hospital so he could do a photo op drive by --
From the Mayo Clinic:
Much is still unknown about how COVID-19 will affect people over time. However, researchers recommend that doctors closely monitor people who have had COVID-19 to see how their organs are functioning after recovery.

It's important to remember that most people who have COVID-19 recover quickly. But the potentially long-lasting problems from COVID-19 make it even more important to reduce the spread of the disease by following precautions such as wearing masks, avoiding crowds and keeping hands clean.

Old 10-04-2020, 05:45 PM

17,626 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I know this is a shocker, but Covid-19 is FAR FAR more dangerous then H1N1. This comparison is just utter nonsense.
Yes, that's the DNC talking point. But hundreds of thousands died from the swine flu. We just don't know how many because the Obama-Biden administration covered it up.

Old 10-04-2020, 05:46 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The first of my six friends who died spent two days on a ventilator and died alone, because family was not allowed in. His wife followed him five days later, the same way. They were close friends of 35 years.

They were infected at a reception at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC, and flew to Savannah to see their daughter when he fell ill. They were philanthropists, art collectors, and the inspiration for "The Royal Tenenbaums".

https://www.wtoc.com/2020/03/31/fami...vid-diagnosis/
I am so sorry and that is so sad.

Old 10-04-2020, 05:47 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Wow! 684,000 Likes for this:

"I really appreciate all of the fans and supporters outside of the hospital. The fact is, they really love our Country and are seeing how we are MAKING IT GREATER THAN EVER BEFORE!"- Donald Trump
But but but Obama:

Quote:
According to Twitter, Obama’s post-Charlottesville tweet has drawn 3.8 million likes, 1.58 million retweets, and 63,000 replies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies