Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2020, 07:06 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times

Advertisements

It is now being reported that Trump, Chris Christie, Stephen Miller, and few other people huddled in a small conference room in the White House, none of them wearing masks, for DAYS prepping for the debate.

idiots.

Old 10-02-2020, 07:07 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
All of you disturbed people filled with glee, glad that Trump is sick and thanking "karma", seem to miss the irony of that.
That isn't irony, the irony is that trump got "it"

hope he doesn't kack

how's that?

Old 10-02-2020, 07:08 AM

866 posts, read 319,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Oh please.
Stop with the holier-than-thou attitude.
If it was Pelosi who had been diagnosed, we know what sort of comments we’d be reading here from Trump’s supporters.
And those posts would be equally disgusting

Old 10-02-2020, 07:09 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Well, it makes him look like a complete idiot, one.

Two, hopefully he will start telling his supporters -- many of whom are convinced coronavirus is fake and made up by the "radical left" to hurt the economy, that coronavirus is indeed real, and that they should wear masks.

Three, Trump is in his mid-70s and obese, so he's very high risk. He should take this very seriously and do what he has to do to get better. I'm sure Pence is on standby as well, just like he was when Trump was rushed to Walter Reed last year for "unknown reasons."
I don't know of anyone who believes the virus is fake. That is just another liberal media lie. No one can deny that people are dying from covid worldwide. Now some people do think the death numbers have been inflated and manipulated and we've created a panic over a virus that isn't any more deadly than the flu.

One thing that hopefully may change is everyone start taking this thing a lot more serious. Biden and his fellow Democrats put all the blame of covid deaths right on Trump's feet when in reality, it has been the irresponsible behavior of selfish American citizens that has spread this thing like wildfire.

This is a plague. You don't go out and party during a plague. You don't need to eat in restaurants, bars, get haircuts, pedicures, go to the gym, sports games and concerts. Those are luxuries in life. The Sturgis rally was incredibly irresponsible and people have died for that week of fun.

I rather do without luxuries for a year and put covid in the grave than have this thing continue to be a problem for years and years.

Old 10-02-2020, 07:11 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
He's been exposed and has the antibodies. Far cry from being on a respirator.

He'll quarantine, get better, be cleared for the debate. End of story.

I could be wrong, but even if he does get sick, with a recovery rate of over 98%, he should be fine as he doesn't have any of the life threatening illnesses that are a hallmark of those actually sucumming to the disease.

Yeah it gives the left tingles to think he may die, but the truth is there could be a big sympathy vote in his favor since he's battling the disease on a personal as well as national scale.
Good post, thanks for being normal.

Also, other than being overweight, Trump is about as healthy as they come. A fact often left out in everyone's rush to hate the guy and magnify every flaw by half a dozen orders of magnitude.

He's not in Dubyah-esque good shape, but still doing pretty good all things being equal.

Old 10-02-2020, 07:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockruhtese View Post
I thought COVID was a hoax?
When are people stop referring to that and go bac and read what he said: He never said it was a hoax.

Let's also, at this time pray for a speedy recovery for the first lady and our president. It is tacky and childish to attack someone when they are down!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-02-2020, 07:14 AM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
What's wrong with being positive? I guess you want everyone to live in gloom and doom to a virus that is far less dangerous then it could have been and many suspected to begin with? Gloom and doom gives the government the ability to run your life. I for one will not let the government run my life.
Nothing. "Realistic" is also good. Very good. "Life-changing", you might say.

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
This is not good. My first thought was, "It couldn't have happened to a more deserving person." And I never think that about anyone. My second thought was, "What if Trump is lying and saying he has it as a sympathy ploy to deflect criticism away from (insert every single thing he's done/hasn't done during his term here.)" My third thought was, "When he recovers (because he will since he has top notch medical care,) he'll say, "See? The virus wasn't so bad! Everyone is exaggerating. Let's open up the whole country!" My last thought was, if he actually wasn't lying, somehow got very sick, and kicked the bucket, the outpouring of sympathy would likely cause America to vote GOP, we'd end up with Pence, and that would be so much worse

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
CDC GUIDELINES ON ISOLATION AFTER A POSITIVE COVID-19 TEST:

-10 days since symptoms first appeared and must go 24 hours without a fever after those 10 days before you can leave isolation

- If no symptoms (asymptomatic), 10 days after positive test can you then leave the house

- If severely ill, consult with doctor

So Donald Trump is stuck in the White House for AT LEAST the next 10 days. He cannot go ANYWHERE. Unless he openly defies CDC orders and wants to expose other people to COVID-19.

Old 10-02-2020, 07:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Dems are hateful, despicable pond scum.
I hate to have to say this, cause I know some really nice left leaners but now I am agreeing with you!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies