Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2020, 08:21 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,138,890 times

Advertisements

All of you here acting like Trump got something bad, he just caught a flu. He will be over it in 14 days and will be back on the trail while sleepy Joe will be in his basement hiding.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:21 AM

1,744 posts, read 877,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Check out the West Wing show. They did part of the season with the 25th coming into play. Laurence ODonnell one of the writers has Senate experience. In the show the VP had resigned and the Speaker of the House assumed the office.

I remember the episode well. Love that show and have watched the entire series twice since the pandemic started. (I have the series on DVD).

The only good thing that could possibly come out of it if Pelosi took over temporarily is that she would not be able to go back to congress after. She'd have to run again to get back to Washington.

I shutter to think, though, what kind of damage she could do in just a short period of time.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:22 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,031,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
The latest reports are that he is showing symptoms.
Why must you call all true situations you don’t like fake?
Because Trump lies about everything

Old 10-02-2020, 08:22 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,916,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
He doesn’t.

His tweet announcing he tested positive was downright cheerful. He talked to Hannity calm as can be, maybe I have it maybe I don’t oh well!

They came up with this to get the proud boy/tax return stuff off the front pages and to give him a reason to skip debates. He will “recover” and tell everyone see, Covid is no big deal, like I said all along.
Covid effects people differently, I know at least two that had it so serious that they were on a ventilator (now off) and another not bad enough to be hospitalized, but had to have oxygen, both nurses and several people who said that for them it felt no worse then a cold.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:23 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,247,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
Boris Johnson in England wasn't careful either until he caught the virus. Now, many people are complaining there how strict he is about containing it. If Trump or those he cares about become very ill, I think that We the People can now expect the same from now on. We will be forced to live with stricter rules regarding masks, vaccines, lock-downs, ect.
You are not speaking of a rational human being. I would not expect him to learn any lesson.

1,510 posts, read 1,005,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post
As if nobody would have died under Obama?

Complete garbage. Trump wasn't responsible for the Democratic governors putting sick people into nursing homes. He wasn't responsible for the nurse here in Kirkland, WA coming to work at the nursing home sick and infecting the entire place.

Just stop.
So your "logical" response is to ask what would have happened under Obama? I do not care because Obama isn't the president. This president downplayed and discounted the threat of the virus and failed to lead at critical moments.

He caused the economy to lose 22M+ jobs; refused to strongly endorse a national mask mandate; he sidelined his medical experts in order to peddle lies and mislead us; he held massive rallies against common sense and medical advice etc.

I was temporarily transferred to Florida from NYC to work on an audit of a major client and I'm trying hard to see if I could register to vote and help get rid of this unpresidential clown. I'm not excited to vote for Biden but I cannot standby and watch this murderer get re-elected.

2,923 posts, read 976,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
President Pelosi. That scares me as much as President Pence. Which scares me as much as 4 years of President Trump. And don't get me going on Biden.

Wow we are so screwed.
i really wish we could just get rid of the federal government. it serves very little purpose

Old 10-02-2020, 08:24 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,977,590 times
The whole China virus is a fake. Masks interfere with civil rights.

So which is it ?

Old 10-02-2020, 08:25 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,138,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
The whole China virus is a fake. Masks interfere with civil rights.

So which is it ?

Mask do interfere with civil rights that is why we all refusing to wear it.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:25 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,067,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Not even sure what you are talking about...
Conspiracy theories, personal insults, culture wars, appealing to the aggrieved and angry, draining the swamp....he has no substance, he bears no substantive policies, he's not interested in actually legislating--only through executive actions.

I'm not sure why you're surprised the same dynamics at play that brought him into power are going to be responsible for bringing him down?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies