Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Trump really has Covid-19?
Yes 160 71.11%
No 27 12.00%
Maybe 38 16.89%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 08:37 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,308,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer6583 View Post
Hope he gets better, learns some humility and empathy from it.

It's impossible for Trump to have empathy. Sociopaths are incapable of empathy, even if they try. This is why Trump got so upset with a reporter over a softball question asking what he would say to scared Americans. This is a simple question for someone that has empathy. But for Trump, it was a question that he was unable to answer because he doesn't have any empathy. Sociopaths are missing the ability to empathize. So he threw a tantrum. Over a very simple question(Simple for the 96% of people that have to ability to empathize).

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/polit...rus/index.html

Alexander: So, what do you say Americans who are scared, I guess? Nearly 200 dead and 14,000 who are sick and millions as you witness who are scared right now, what do you say to Americans who are watching you right now who are scared?

Trump: I say that you are a terrible reporter, that's what I say. I think it's a very nasty question. I think it's a very bad signal that you are putting out to the American people. They're looking for answers and they're looking for hope. And you're doing sensationalism and the same with NBC and Concast -- I don't call it Comcast I call it Concast. Let me just, who do you work, let me just say something.
That's really bad reporting. And you ought to get back to reporting instead of sensationalism. Let's see if it works. It might and it might not. I happen to feel good about it, but who knows? I've been right a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2020, 09:01 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I started the poll before he went to Walter Reed.

I'm still at "maybe" even with the admission to the hospital.

Trump is as slippery as an eel.
I cannot imagine why he would fake a case of covid with his track record of not taking it seriously, and his refusal to take precautions. Various sources say that the fifth day of symptoms things can go south, so I am interested in the disease progression.

He is receiving some experimental drugs. He is getting good care. I think he might recover. And yes, he is slippery.

Old 10-03-2020, 09:04 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I cannot imagine why he would fake a case of covid with his track record of not taking it seriously, and his refusal to take precautions. Various sources say that the fifth day of symptoms things can go south, so I am interested in the disease progression.

He is receiving some experimental drugs. He is getting good care. I think he might recover. And yes, he is slippery.
Yes, Mr. Reckless will get to use something none of us would have access to. I mean, it's important our president stays alive, right? More important than you or I needing to live.

He got it because of who he is. As you know, no matter how well we adhered to CDC guidelines to take precautions or "believed" in the science, if you had his symptoms, you'd be sent home to "see how you do."

The denier/liar-in-chief who has made this all worse than it needs to be, will have every measure taken on his behalf. Talk about Karma.

Old 10-03-2020, 09:57 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
No way is he lying, not at this point. Now that he's at Walter Reed, Trump is being treated by multiple senior military officers. They respect themselves and their country too much to lie for a scumbag like Trump.

If never, ever trust Trump's own personal white house doctors, including that one nutjob that's now running for congress.

But truly apolitical, career military officers at Walter Reed...they would not lie to cover for Trump.

Old 10-03-2020, 09:59 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,760,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
It's impossible for Trump to have empathy. Sociopaths are incapable of empathy, even if they try. This is why Trump got so upset with a reporter over a softball question asking what he would say to scared Americans. This is a simple question for someone that has empathy. But for Trump, it was a question that he was unable to answer because he doesn't have any empathy. Sociopaths are missing the ability to empathize. So he threw a tantrum. Over a very simple question(Simple for the 96% of people that have to ability to empathize).

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/polit...rus/index.html

Alexander: So, what do you say Americans who are scared, I guess? Nearly 200 dead and 14,000 who are sick and millions as you witness who are scared right now, what do you say to Americans who are watching you right now who are scared?

Trump: I say that you are a terrible reporter, that's what I say. I think it's a very nasty question. I think it's a very bad signal that you are putting out to the American people. They're looking for answers and they're looking for hope. And you're doing sensationalism and the same with NBC and Concast -- I don't call it Comcast I call it Concast. Let me just, who do you work, let me just say something.
That's really bad reporting. And you ought to get back to reporting instead of sensationalism. Let's see if it works. It might and it might not. I happen to feel good about it, but who knows? I've been right a lot.
I would have simply answered the question with "stop listening to the media and look at the statistics. Don't fear something because some tells you that you should"

At the end of the day, do people really care if they get it? I know my family amd friends dont.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:36 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Default Of course, masks protect the wearer. It is dangerous to continue to assert otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Masks don't prevent the wearer from catching the virus.
Oh, YES, they DO:
Quote:
The researchers also found that none of those passengers in the two buses who wore face masks were infected.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/scie...tance-and-stay
The best masks are Level 3 surgical masks and N95's. No mask is foolproof - but ANY mask is better than none.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:51 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Yes, Mr. Reckless will get to use something none of us would have access to. I mean, it's important our president stays alive, right? More important than you or I needing to live.

He got it because of who he is. As you know, no matter how well we adhered to CDC guidelines to take precautions or "believed" in the science, if you had his symptoms, you'd be sent home to "see how you do."

The denier/liar-in-chief who has made this all worse than it needs to be, will have every measure taken on his behalf. Talk about Karma.

Remdesivir is available to the general public.

Quote:
Beginning October 1, 2020, American hospitals can purchase Veklury (remdesivir) directly from the drug's distributor. Veklury is an antiviral drug currently authorized for emergency use by healthcare providers to treat hospitalized adult and pediatric patients with suspected or laboratory-confirmed COVID-19.

Regeneron's polyclonal antibody that he is also receiving is in clinical trials and being evaluated for FDA approval.

The same trials that the Left has been criticizing along with the various vaccines as being "rushed" and "dangerous".

So which is it?

Do you want the drugs rushed so the public can have what he's getting.....or not?

Old 10-03-2020, 02:44 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,150,103 times
Yes, I believe President Trump, unfortunately, has Covid.
For the record, I also believe that Joe Biden, unfortunately, has dementia.
It doesn't matter what I, or anyone else, believes. Reality is what it is.

Old 10-03-2020, 05:43 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Oh, YES, they DO:

The best masks are Level 3 surgical masks and N95's. No mask is foolproof - but ANY mask is better than none.
People complain they can't breathe in a simple cloth mask, do you really think most people will wear an N95?

Old 10-03-2020, 05:49 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
That's a pretty expensive helicopter ride for someone who might not have COVID....

I believe he does have COVID. I wish him a speedy recovery and get back out there to his millions of fans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies