Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 09:57 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,878,990 times

Advertisements

More Dems changing the original topic of the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2020, 10:03 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
I honestly could care less one way or the other. But the truth is, the second that Kaepernick signed that deal with Nike, which is one of those corporations owned by the white devils that have their products made in sweatshops on foreign soil so they can avoid paying taxes, regulations and ignore EPA standards, Kaerpernick became a hypocrite. And he is no hero. He did all of his protesting behind highly guarded walls, and then took the Nike payout because he didn't want to lose his rich privilege. A real hero is the one that actually marches in the streets like MLK or Malcolm X or sacrifice their riches to fight for what they believe in.

Old 10-03-2020, 10:05 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Maybe Jim Brown will point out to owners that carrying the flag in a horizontal position onto a field is desecration and not permitted under the Flag Code. Perhaps he can get vendors to stop selling clothing with the flag sewn on it which is also a violation except on uniforms.
I hear this same saying all the time. And you know there is one big difference. People who do all of that love their flag & country. Which I find is a big difference to what some privileged athletes feel.

Old 10-03-2020, 12:19 PM

1,037 posts, read 435,303 times
Quote:
Maybe Jim Brown will point out to owners that carrying the flag in a horizontal position onto a field is desecration and not permitted under the Flag Code.
That provision is advisory flag etiquette, not law, and would not be considered desecration.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:06 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Pro Football Hall of Famer and Cleveland Browns legend Jim Brown slammed current football players who choose to protest during the playing of the Star Spangled Banner, saying “I don’t desecrate my flag and my national anthem.”

“I’m going to give you the real deal- I’m an American,” Brown said. “I don’t desecrate my flag and my national anthem. I’m not gonna do anything against the flag and national anthem. I’m going to work within those situations. But this is my country, and I’ll work out the problems, but I’ll do it in an intelligent manner.”

Colin has to make up his mind whether he’s truly an activist or he’s a football player,” Brown said. “Football is commercial. You have owners. You have fans. And you want to honor that if you’re making that kind of money…

https://americasfreedomfighters.com/...10-2-20%20%234
Our national sports legends used to be grown-ups. Here we have an example of a grown-up trying to teach an adolescent a valuable lesson. Thank you, Jim Brown.

If our media weren't completely dominated and controlled by adolescent American enemies, it could work.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:11 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTU2 View Post
That provision is advisory flag etiquette, not law, and would not be considered desecration.
there is no Flag Law

Old 10-03-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
there is no Flag Law
Sure there is. The header/catchphrase says Desecration, but carrying it flat does not fit any description/element listed.

Penalties:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/700

Old 10-03-2020, 01:22 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTU2 View Post
Sure there is. The header/catchphrase says Desecration, but carrying it flat does not fit any description/element listed.

Penalties:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/700
it's a code, not a law that like, you know...can be enforced by anyone

Old 10-03-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
it's a code, not a law that like, you know...can be enforced by anyone
Oh I'll agree prosecution is unlikely or legally impractical, but still law. Just like flag burning, it has been held to be symbolic speech, if burned as such, but it can still be a chargeable offense in some cases outside that perspective.

Old 10-03-2020, 02:17 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Maybe Jim Brown will point out to owners that carrying the flag in a horizontal position onto a field is desecration and not permitted under the Flag Code. Perhaps he can get vendors to stop selling clothing with the flag sewn on it which is also a violation except on uniforms.
Burning it still OK in your world?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies