Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 05:28 AM

25,457 posts, read 12,580,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How cute (and hypocritical) to see Trump supporters trying to make an issue out of sexual shenanigans by politicians.
This sexting poltician is toast in the election. Score 1 Senate seat for the Pubs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2020, 05:40 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,663,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
This sexting poltician is toast in the election. Score 1 Senate seat for the Pubs.
I guess we’ll see. In this day and age, I think most people don’t give two flips about stuff like this. I know I don’t.

Old 10-03-2020, 06:09 AM

17,700 posts, read 13,559,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Whenever you have to bring up another person’s name in a conversation that doesn’t involve this other person, you play the “but” game. I get that many do it and that you may think that it’s justified, but let’s not kid ourselves about what you’re doing.
It's actually called "whataboutism" in this board. However, it is a tactic that is employed by both sides to the exact same degree.

And that's because it's really the only way you can contest the post if the other side is attacking your guy. That is of course you don't go the "fake news" route.

And "whataboutism" is usually called out by the old "this thread isn't about Mr./Ms Whatabout". Stay on topic.

And generally it's this back and forth that keeps a thread alive.

I suppose in this thread we could restrict ourselves and keep this one restricted to Cal Whatshisname.

"Gee, Cal Whatshisname is a a naughty guy. Bad, bad Cal".

Old 10-03-2020, 06:11 AM

30,562 posts, read 18,061,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It's actually called "whataboutism" in this board. However, it is a tactic that is employed by both sides to the exact same degree.

And that's because it's really the only way you can contest the post if the other side is attacking your guy. That is of course you don't go the "fake news" route.

And "whataboutism" is usually called out by the old "this thread isn't about Mr./Ms Whatabout". Stay on topic.

And generally it's this back and forth that keeps a thread alive.

I suppose in this thread we could restrict ourselves and keep this one restricted to Cal Whatshisname.

"Gee, Cal Whatshisname is a a naughty guy. Bad, bad Cal".
And who exactly denied that both sides do it? I explicitly stated that many do it. I, however, am not in denial about what it is

Last edited by prospectheightsresident; 10-03-2020 at 06:20 AM..

Old 10-03-2020, 06:16 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,806,587 times
Democrats are not okay with Trump but are okay with their senator... What a bunch of losers.... The real reason they are mad is that they got caught... Never vote for those fakers Democrats...

Old 10-03-2020, 06:23 AM

17,700 posts, read 13,559,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
And who exactly denied that both sides do it? : I explicitly stated that many do it. I, however, am not in denial about what it is
I'm just saying that "whataboutism" or the "but" game as you call it.... is the only way threads like this can generate any traction.

Old 10-03-2020, 06:33 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,137,328 times
We shall see. It's a tight race. If Cunningham loses we'll never know the degree of the impact (or even if he wins for that matter). Perhaps a dip in the polls around the same time the story broke might be an indicator, but a little early to see that.

Last edited by CrowGirl; 10-03-2020 at 07:11 AM..

Old 10-03-2020, 06:37 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,227,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Democrats are not okay with Trump but are okay with their senator... What a bunch of losers.... The real reason they are mad is that they got caught... Never vote for those fakers Democrats...
Democrats are not ok with Trump using campaign funds to payoff his women. That of course is illegal. Cheating on your wife is not. Legal vs illegal. Get it.

Old 10-03-2020, 06:39 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,164,818 times
As we’ve been told by Trump supporters, that’s between him and his wife, move along.

Old 10-03-2020, 07:09 AM

4,630 posts, read 1,930,078 times
I am just amazed that in this day and age people can still be so stupid. But i guess we are all so arrogant that we think we will never be caught. Something to think about before you do something you know you shouldn't do. That little voice in the back of your mind should be listened too more often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies