Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 10:47 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,490,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
There are many self-hating Jews. My old boss of 12 years, who I stay in touch with since my retirement is a self-hating Jew. I'm an ardent supporter of Israel and Netanyahu. He believes in the Palestinian two state solution, which is a lie. My old boss was born and raised in Manhattan. His father was a Rabbi. He claims to be agnostic. During a discussion we had one day I expressed my support for Netanyahu, and my Jewish boss said Netanyahu was an A hole. I shrugged it off. He's a New Yorker, which makes him blunt, and he's an agnostic, which frustrates him when he attempts to reconcile evil in the world without a viable answer to evil in his agnostic world view. It is the plight of many liberal democrat Jews.

The disproportionate number of Jewish democrats has much to do with most contemporary Jews being non-religious or non-practicing Jews. Because of their history Jews tend to side with the underdog. For decades, the democrats were seen as the party that stood up for the underdog, i.e., minorities, the poor, the laborer. But that has changed as the democrats became the party of the wealthy and have left those they claim to represent behind. Non-religious Jews, having forsaken their historical religious beliefs, have substituted the democrat party for their traditional Jewish faith. They have filled that emptiness in their soul created by rejected Judaism with the false religion of the DNC. There are some prominent conservative Jews, i.e. Dennis Prager, who do an excellent job expounding on the topic.
That’s generally true. Religious Jews tend to vote Republican. I was at a sukkah this weekend, just four of us socially distanced, and the talk turned to politics. All four of us are planning to vote for Trump, and all four of us are moderately observant (kosher home, etc.) at minimum.

The converse is also generally true. I personally know of only one moderately observant Jew who is voting for Biden. The others are all Reform Jews who eat bread during Passover, never learned Hebrew, and one even works on Yom Kippur. The religion seems to be liberalism.

Old 10-05-2020, 10:58 AM

78,215 posts, read 60,421,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
70%+ of American Jewish voters vote Democrat and the vast majority of American Jewish politicians are of the Democratic Party. So they're all self-hating Jews?
No, they just are either unaware or hold their nose over the parties association with the likes of Farrakhan and others who share his views towards jews.

The right has similar groups so most likely they just realize that there is going to be a snake in whichever tent they put their bed.

Old 10-05-2020, 11:27 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,338,339 times
Quote:
There are many self-hating Jews. My old boss of 12 years, who I stay in touch with since my retirement is a self-hating Jew. I'm an ardent supporter of Israel and Netanyahu. He believes in the Palestinian two state solution, which is a lie. My old boss was born and raised in Manhattan. His father was a Rabbi. He claims to be agnostic. During a discussion we had one day I expressed my support for Netanyahu, and my Jewish boss said Netanyahu was an A hole. I shrugged it off. He's a New Yorker, which makes him blunt, and he's an agnostic, which frustrates him when he attempts to reconcile evil in the world without a viable answer to evil in his agnostic world view. It is the plight of many liberal democrat Jews.
Uh, there's a lot of American Jews who dislike Bibi. Heck, there's a lot of Israelis who dislike Bibi, too. And they're not one-issue voters and you just found out that they don't see eye to eye about Israel either. You're just coloring this because someone Jewish disagrees with your views on Israel.

Point is, Jewish American voters aren't monolithic in their ideology or thoughts. Just like any other group.

Old 10-05-2020, 11:58 AM

1,633 posts, read 1,639,936 times
Starting with Jimmy Carter's Coup de Jarnac against the Shah, our bipartisan meddling in The Middle East has turned everything we touched into excrement. Only The USA has had the military and economic power to defend or to destroy the civil and social institutions of a modern civil society. In Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, and Syria, we used that power to destroy. The single consistent beneficiary of US Middle East policy has been the arch-enemy of global Modernity and of a liberal Islam: Radical Islam. And we have thrust what now is the sole remaining outpost in The Middle East of a pluralist, liberal, and modern society, The State of Israel, into ever greater danger. Vote for the safe establishment candidates if you want to endorse the trend.
AOC as many other democrat congress rep and their followers and voters are nothing but Israel haters and the real antisemitic entities within America.

Old 10-05-2020, 12:01 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,157,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Sad but true..

This is an excellent opportunity for the Jewish community to abandon the Democrats and vote for people that actually support them.
It’s not enough that you guys wanna direct the black vote; now you wanna tell the Jews what to do too, as if they’re too stupid to know where their interests are.

Old 10-05-2020, 12:08 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,157,996 times
Quote:

The disproportionate number of Jewish democrats has much to do with most contemporary Jews being non-religious or non-practicing Jews. Because of their history Jews tend to side with the underdog. For decades, the democrats were seen as the party that stood up for the underdog, i.e., minorities, the poor, the laborer. But that has changed as the democrats became the party of the wealthy and have left those they claim to represent behind. Non-religious Jews, having forsaken their historical religious beliefs, have substituted the democrat party for their traditional Jewish faith. They have filled that emptiness in their soul created by rejected Judaism with the false religion of the DNC. There are some prominent conservative Jews, i.e. Dennis Prager, who do an excellent job expounding on the topic.
What the hell is a “self hating Jew?” What is that based on? And what’s wrong with being a non religious Jew? Only Gentiles have a right to Agnosticism?

And what does your support of Netanyahu and Israel have to do with anything?

Old 10-05-2020, 04:11 PM

10,425 posts, read 4,018,351 times
Quote:
Quit making excuses for Jew haters. The democrat party hate Jews.
And yet, the Jews overwhelmingly vote democrat and either own or control most of the biggest companies in the world and use their power to convince others to vote democrat, like Mark Zuckerburg.

Old 10-05-2020, 04:53 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,869,898 times
I've said this before when defending Pat Buchanan...you can't equate anti-zionism with anti-semitism.

Pat ain't exactly a liberal.

Last edited by whogo; 10-05-2020 at 05:04 PM..

Old 10-05-2020, 05:21 PM

30,918 posts, read 21,987,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Just like the Labour Party under Corbyn, the American far left is anti semitic.
And more so every year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies