Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 03:04 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times

Advertisements

Good job, employer. If I want any POV from my server I'll ask for it. I just want her to get my food, ring my order up, and accurately count my change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 03:22 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
My thing is this. Certain places have certain political cultures. In Starbucks which is left wing. It is OK to wear BLM, in some industries that is more right wing you can possibly wear a maga hat. Some places that are politically neutral, people can wear whatever just as long as it's not insensitive to others, or don't wear anything political at all. If I'm a manager or own a business, you can wear what you want on your free time and not work. And remember leftist, what a burger is a private company and can do as it wishes.
We're just waiting for the IPO

Old 10-04-2020, 09:05 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Oh stop. You’d have a point if BLM was fighting for something that would actually be beneficial, but they are not.
Look at it this way, we are increasingly becoming more and more of a 'police state' in this country...police are looking and acting more and more like military troops, heck, we even give police dept used military vehicles now, have you seen the big MRAD painted dull black with POLICE painted on it?

Is this the kind of 'police' we want here in the US? I surely do not!

You can see MAJOR differences in law enforcement from decades ago, compared to modern days, its almost night and day difference, and how aggressively they pursue drug crimes, (laws that are not even constitutional to begin with!!)...what happened to police protecting citizens rights? Doesnt that come before law enforcement.

Old 10-06-2020, 07:21 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Look at it this way, we are increasingly becoming more and more of a 'police state' in this country...police are looking and acting more and more like military troops, heck, we even give police dept used military vehicles now, have you seen the big MRAD painted dull black with POLICE painted on it?

Is this the kind of 'police' we want here in the US? I surely do not!

You can see MAJOR differences in law enforcement from decades ago, compared to modern days, its almost night and day difference, and how aggressively they pursue drug crimes, (laws that are not even constitutional to begin with!!)...what happened to police protecting citizens rights? Doesnt that come before law enforcement.
That’s not what Black Lives Matter claims to be fighting for. If they really wanted to reform certain laws they’d have welcomed the libertarians in this fight, but they state they want to abolish police and prisons. They make ridiculous demands that will never be implemented. Clearly the goal is chaos until the election and they have figured out there is money to get from this.

I say every person who had their business or home vandalized, looted or burned need to file lawsuits naming the city and state governments and Black Lives Matter. They got a billion dollars in corporate donations. If there is anything left after the Democrat politicians take their part then it should be fair game (actually the political donations should be fair game too). There are university studies showing the (not) peaceful protests were mostly BLM protests. There are organization leaders on record supporting looting as reparations and various media and political figures stating that protests aren’t supposed to be polite and people’s property isn’t important because they have insurance.

I think Macy’s and other stores named by the BLM leader should particularly sue as they have been slandered and told they profited off of slavery.

Last edited by katygirl68; 10-06-2020 at 07:45 PM..

Old 10-06-2020, 07:27 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
If I walked into a fast food joint and an employee was wearing a mask honoring a racist hate group, I’d walk back out. Good for the manager for doing the right thing.
All racist employees wearing a BLM shirt which represents hate and violence. should be fired immediately and blocked from getting unemployment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies