Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2020, 01:26 PM

12,957 posts, read 9,467,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
This just shows how much of a hypocrite the president is... he knowingly puts his supporters in dangerous situations and now that karma struck back, Trump has a team of 10 government paid doctors assigned to him, given treatments that aren’t even allowed to the public, so when you go out there maskless in a crowded Trump rally, remember you won’t get any of this.
Of course he has a team of doctors taking care of him. He's the President. It would be the same for a Democrat president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2020, 01:29 PM

33,300 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
TRANSLATION: We hate Trump. And we'll take any situation, even the President catching a potentially deadly disease, and turn it around to where we can bash and insult him.
Why, specifically do you like Trump, and why do you think voting for Trump is better than voting third party/writing someone in/or leaving the POTUS/VPOTUS slot blank ?

Old 10-03-2020, 01:36 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,916,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
And Nancy Pelosi went to a salon that was supposed to be shut down due to the coronavirus, and had her hair done, without a mask. It's like this everywhere that people have power. At least Trump's policies don't punish me for being successful like the democrats would with high taxes, or punish me for not buying a third party product like health insurance even if I can't afford it.

All of the democrat's talking points are to help people with children or minorities. I am a middle aged white woman with no children, and yet I don't see the democrats doing anything to entice me to vote for them. All I see is stuff that will force me to pay more taxes for crap I can't be allowed to use as well as taking more of my liberties away like my ability to own multiple firearms or live off the grid.
Yes, do as they say, but not what they do. First they say Republicans are the party of the wealthy until recently, maybe they switched to republicans because the Democrats had done nothing to help them. The Democrats are now the party of elitist

Old 10-03-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Of course he has a team of doctors taking care of him. He's the President. It would be the same for a Democrat president.
Correct.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:37 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,433,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What's next ? Is everyone is going to be entitled to a clone of Air Force One ?

We're going to need 320 million new airplanes and bigger driveways to park them in !!!
Yep lol. Fly-in properties all over America.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:38 PM

33,300 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You're sadly misinformed.

I work with a man who's a vendor in Canada.

I was there not too long ago and he was waiting for hernia surgery. He was in obvious pain but still preforming his job.

I asked him how long he had to wait and he said "four months, but that's ok because it gives me time to save up the $4000.00 for my share of the cost"

So the government run healthcare in Canada isn't all that it's portrayed as by the Left here as some beacon of efficiency and low cost.
Additionally, the percentage of prescription drugs that are on the market that are available in Canada vs the percentage available in the U.S. is different. The numbers I heard most recently (within the last couple of months) were 44% of the total number of prescription drugs on the market are available in Canada, and the figure for the U.S is 89%, and the reason I heard is that the Canadian system deems many in that window of difference to be too expensive.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:39 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,126 times
Default Trump Proves U.S. Government Run Healthcare Is The Best In The World!

Obviously, since our president is supposedly a billionaire, it's safe to say that he can afford ANY healthcare option in the World, yet he chooses to go to a government run hospital with government employees taking care of him. I guess we can all now agree that government run healthcare in the U.S. is better than any other option on Planet Earth. That's good to know.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
This person is arguing that a typical VA is as good as Walter Reed?
Apparently

Old 10-03-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Why can't you just admit that the BEST HEALTHCARE AVAILABLE ON PLANET EARTH IS U.S. GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTHCARE and we will be in agreement.
Sure if you have trauma injuries equal to battlefield injuries opt for a battlefield trained doc.

Not sure you would find one of those in an average VA but, whatever.

Old 10-03-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
he's been telling people to drink bleach? Wow, where have I been?
He was being sarcastic when he said it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies