Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which party should lead the covid efforts going forward?
Democrats 32 55.17%
Republicans 26 44.83%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 12:24 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,654,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why would you trust any politician or stranger with your personal health?

Yea only trust doctors that are blood relatives!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
HELL YEAH! Vote trump! Vote for eventually killing your local nurse like a real American!

Yep, get rich or die, the Republican health care policy.

Old 10-03-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I am getting a lot of laughs from this poll. Anyone that votes for the Republicans after their recklessness is clearly not a sane person. Explains a lot about the current mess the nation is in.

Looking like good percentage of science deniers are getting covid. Suspect at least some will die or spread it to their families and their families will die.

Old 10-03-2020, 12:28 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
Yea only trust doctors that are blood relatives!
Uh huh, or ones you have have vetted or have an existing relationship with. What are you five years old?

Old 10-03-2020, 12:29 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Overall, I trust Democrats more on this issue, just because the proportion of Democrats who are taking the COVID-19 pandemic seriously is significantly higher than the proportion of Republicans.

There are some Republicans Governors who have done a solid job and taken this seriously such as Governor Hogan in Maryland, but then you also have those like Governor Kemp in Georgia, who sued Atlanta for trying to require masks but then finally dropped it when he realized how much it backfired from both a public health and a political standpoint.

Here in NC, our Governor Cooper has been very measured in what can reopen based on which establishments are lower risk vs. higher risk, and I think most of the state understands and appreciates this. He's made a few mistakes (with loopholes in the Executive orders that shouldn't be there) but overall has done a solid job. The Lt. Governor, Dan Forest is running against him and is a total anti-masker, having large indoor gatherings, and saying schools shouldn't require anyone to wear masks. He wants to push reopening the "economy" (often used in very vague terms to make it seem like there's a mass lockdown when it's only a select few businesses like nightclubs that aren't open), but doesn't really care about following protocols to do so as safely as possible, so I can't take him seriously. Forest is significantly behind in the polls and I know some more reasonably minded moderate Republicans think he's being reckless as well.

Traveling around in my own area, I see the areas with lots of Republicans (particularly rural Republicans) who aren't taking as many precautions such as wearing masks in stores as the areas that are either more moderate or have more Democrats. I know there are some Republicans who are taking it seriously, trying to be safe and not put other people in harm's way, but the percentage seems noticeably lower.

Old 10-03-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I checked Republicans because they can handle it just as well as the Democrats would IF ONLY the Lefty media would back off. The Left has been using the virus as a political tool that has been fashioned into a weapon to attack Trump.

There is no low that they will not stoop to including destroying peoples lives by shutting down business both large and small.

The Covid is a health concern that can kill but the Left has turned it into a destructive propaganda machine that has destroyed so much more and they did this to win them the WH.

Yep those zombie consumers arisen from the dead need a place to buy stuff.

Old 10-03-2020, 12:32 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Sorry, being a degenerate gambler, I'm gonna bet on the Republicans at this point because they're bound to get it right one of these days...they just gotta...

Old 10-03-2020, 12:33 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
^^^As many times as I've read this fable, I remain confused. In this twisty story, The Braying Jackass is played by Donald Trump, right? So, what kind of horse poop are you shoveling ?????
It's donkey-doo -- courtesy of any group dumb enough to use a jackass as their symbol.

Old 10-03-2020, 12:34 PM

1,969 posts, read 544,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
With 200k plus americans dead millions infected. The president, senators, staff getting covid.

Why on earth should we continue trusting these people to handle this pandemic going forward?

So with that said who do you trust to tackle covid going forward Republicans or Democrats?
Enough already with the 200k killed by Trump ..... Covid is a new disease and the numbers are much more complicated. Believe it or not, people would get covid despite who is president. The second I see a post that has 200k in it I immediately roll my eyes and assume the post is written by a nitwit.

I am still looking for a reason to vote democrat, and after reading 1000 posts and news and research. But the democrats just keep sounding foolish and offer NOTHING but "200k dead"

People need to take responsibility for their own health. People knew something was coming down. I couldnt by toilet paper in March. But people sat around waiting for a leader to tell them what to do, meanwhile back then me and my family decided I needed to stay home and wear a mask. Im 55 and diabetic..

We didnt wait around for a president to say if its ok or not.

Old 10-03-2020, 12:37 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
19 Republican governors vs. 23 Democrat governors issued unlawful stay at home orders. Hardly a glowing endorsement for either party.
True, but I think back in March/April we didn’t know enough about the virus so everybody panicked and shut everything down. Even I supported the shutdowns because I thought we were just flattening the curve and it would be temporary. Guess which states are the ones still prolonging shutdowns? The Democrat run states. States like Florida, Tennessee, and now South Carolina are basically lifting most restrictions now. Republican run states were among the first to reopen. Places like California are still shut down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies