Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2020, 10:06 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,805,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernWind View Post
You are wrong!
If there is nothing better, fabric masks will work!
It depends only how many layers of fabric will be used.
Usually, 4 layers would be recommended from the cold war times.
Now, CDC is saying - 2 layers. OK. Better than nothing.

When WW2 started, US did not have well equipped army,
wooden planes and ships have been used. And, it worked for the beginning.

It was a same story with Covid!
No mask available? Did not need to hide the truth from people.
It would be better to say it as is and call for using fabric: 2-3-4 layers,
underwear, t-shirts, whatever,...
People would get it!
Huh?

Old 10-04-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Same thing is seen while news reporters are doing story in the middle of nowhere with a mask on. I don't understand the point when there is no one there around them.
It's news reporters......they're primarily low intelligence types...

Old 10-04-2020, 10:16 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,800,154 times
I was in favor of the masks back in March when the MSM and Fauci were telling us they don't work. I had many a tiresome debate with friends about the issue. So, I still believe that a mask should be worn in public indoor settings, or outdoors where space can't be maintained. They help.

I do not--and will not--wear a mask outdoors when I am perfectly able to maintain space. The mask has been given talismanic properties by some. It isn't magic. It is very useful, but has its limitations. Wearing one--- such as while riding a bike alone on the street---isn't going to protect you.

But to disrupt the current narrative that only Trump supporters don't wear masks, I was at a park in NYC yesterday where many groups were gathered having picnics, playdates, etc. There were entire groups not wearing masks and not distancing. I'd be willing to bet they weren't Trump supporters.

Old 10-04-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Get it, deal with it, move on with life. Nothing to see here.

I dont think he thought he was immune to it, but rather due to the statistically low death rate decided to accept the risk. He will be back to normal before you know it.
A well stated, non-hysterical thought here. Thank you!

Old 10-04-2020, 10:26 AM

5,119 posts, read 2,692,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

I do not--and will not--wear a mask outdoors when I am perfectly able to maintain space. The mask has been given talismanic properties by some. It isn't magic. It is very useful, but has its limitations. Wearing one--- such as while riding a bike alone on the street---isn't going to protect you.

I agree. It's used as a political virtue-signal by the ignorant. Many of those wearing them outdoors, have no problem crawling into your personal space or not paying due attention to where they are walking because they think it's a suit-of-armor. I get snide looks from people when on a bike in the street not near anyone. Why? Because I dare not submit to the church of progressive group think and conformity. I noticed people not socially distancing a while ago. And then recently I found a study that tends to support this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wel...es/ar-BB18kDfW

Old 10-04-2020, 10:32 AM

And to answer the OP's question: No, No and No. I will not wear a mask just to be politically correct. I generally have a bandanna on to pull on in dusty situations. And yes, I will pull it up when in a crowded store aisle, just out of courtesy to my fellow humans. Then it comes off. This is just common sense, wear one if you feel it will help you, but don't expect everyone to follow suit. There really have been no 100% provable studies that make it clear that masks work. And even the Lib's beloved CDC flip-flops on a regular basis. Take their recent opinion of masks and smoke inhalation from the wildfires where they inadvertently admit that masks do not work as previously stated.

"The CDC cannot, on one hand, demand we wear masks because of the prevention of the spread of a disease (or droplets containing the disease) and then tell us that those same masks are ineffective in stopping particles that are bigger than the disease we are trying to prevent."

https://www.redstate.com/scotthounse...not-effective/

Old 10-04-2020, 10:36 AM

1,441 posts, read 672,901 times
People are not sneezing in their masks either. They pull them down when they sneeze. I have seen it numerous times. So yeah, covid sneeze droplets are still all over the place .

Old 10-04-2020, 10:38 AM
bu2

24,117 posts, read 14,928,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
People are not sneezing in their masks either. They pull them down when they sneeze. I have seen it numerous times. So yeah, covid sneeze droplets are still all over the place .
That's funny but its true. I've seen it as well.

Old 10-04-2020, 10:41 AM

12,978 posts, read 9,681,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Not just the rules. IMO they think they are untouchable, probably due to Trump's theory that they have superior DNA. They walked into that debate maskless as if to say "the virus cannot touch us".
Trump at his age definitely thought he was invincible. And some of his supporters on here making fun of Biden and his health, Trump himself making fun of Biden wearing a mask just days before he got sick, and look where he's at today.

Old 10-04-2020, 10:43 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,660,328 times
Its a right wing defiance against facts thing. They want to come up with "alternative facts" basically going back to a time when disease was spread by "evil spirits" now translated into Democrats.

An N95 mask will protect wearer to some degree. A biological hazmat suit perfectly sealed is only true protection, those like used with ebola. Cloth masks and dust masks less so. Mostly non-N95 masks keep your spit along with with any germs you carry from being shot long distances. In other words if everybody doesnt wear mask in close quarters, then its mostly pointless. It only works if everybody cooperates so we arent spitting on each other.

Your "personal freedom" to not wear a mask could infect me even if I am wearing a mask. If we are both wearing a mask properly then much less risk for both of us. I really dont get people wearing mask with it below their nose. You are making sure its ineffective.

So by not wearing a mask PROPERLY, you are claiming the personal right to infect others more effectively. Thanks alot. If you dont want to wear a mask, why not stay home? Everybody has to eat so apparently you dont give a fig about those with underlying conditions that make them more susceptible without life flight helicopter waiting to take you to luxury gold plated medical care. Telling the susceptible to stay home for your personal convenience, is pretty selfish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies