Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 05:13 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I don't look to the media for answers. They are paid to stir up emotions. A perfect example is attacking Trump's character for not paying taxes. They call it taking advantage. Anyway, if the mainstream media really cared about the American people, they would show us exactly how to take the same advantage or show us exactly how to get the tax code changed.

Stirring up emotions is much easier.
The tax thing is hilarious. I find it unlikely Trump doesn’t have a team of tax professionals being paid to do exactly what the system as it is set up allows for. If someone underpays the IRS/state audits and they demand settlement. It’s just business, but the CNNs and NPRs of the world are just trying to stir up anger among the peasantry, as if all wealthy individuals on both sides of the political spectrum don’t play the exact same game with the tax laws. So that is a very transparent canard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 05:15 PM

25,742 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Why the Mainstream Media is Not Trustworthy
Because somewhere along the line they decided that their job was peddling propaganda rather than reporting facts sans opinion. I can't even stand to listen to the news on radio or TV these days--not even fox. Too many idiots trying to tell me what to think rather than presenting the facts and allowing ME to decided what to think about it. We live in a world of propagandists who are convinced they are always right on every matter. They are everywhere: in the "news," in the history books, in businesses, in the government. Everywhere.

The only people who should be allowed to report the news are fallibilists.

Old 10-11-2020, 05:16 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I don't look to the media for answers. They are paid to stir up emotions. A perfect example is attacking Trump's character for not paying taxes. They call it taking advantage. Anyway, if the mainstream media really cared about the American people, they would show us exactly how to take the same advantage or show us exactly how to get the tax code changed.

Stirring up emotions is much easier.

The information's out there IF you're really interested.

Old 10-11-2020, 05:19 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The internet liberals put all the left wing fake news first on the search pages and one can find the real news on the back end of the search pages when doing a search.. they purposefully hide the truth when you search for the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Your evidence supporting those allegations is underwhelming.

Old 10-11-2020, 05:26 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
‘Lügenpresse,’("Lying Press") - Adolf Hitler

Old 10-11-2020, 05:30 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
You don't think tax cheating is wrong?
Cheating on taxes is definitely wrong and I think it's high time to hold the right wing operatives at the IRS accountable for continually giving Trump a pass.

Old 10-11-2020, 05:36 PM

7,591 posts, read 4,161,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The information's out there IF you're really interested.
Yes, I am sure of it. I probably won't get any media coverage for figuring it out and taking advantage of it.

Old 10-11-2020, 06:04 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,549 times
Quote:

How can we trust the media to report fairly?

We cant, most are carrying water for the Democrats and are the real source of racism and division in this country today while putting the blame on our current President--its pretty easy to see thru what they are doing if you can think for yourself.

Old 10-11-2020, 06:09 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
In 2012, Mitt Romney called Russia a geopolitical adversary and then the candidate that offered Putin more flexibility after the election mocked Romney for doing so. The mainstream media largely carried Obama's water on this.

In 2016, we get Russiagate for 4 years straight. Howling without any concrete evidence for 4 years nonstop over Putin this and Russia that. How foreign influence in elections is bad, largely ignoring how this whole hoax was started by Steele a British foreign agent that was also getting paid from Russia at the same time.

Now in 2020 we have a major political party's candidate's son getting a $3.5 million wire from a Putin-allied source inside of Moscow and the New York Times, the Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, NBC News, CBS News, The Hill, the Daily Beast, etc...did not mention this at all, until Trump forced their hand by mentioning it in the debates. The fact checkers even obscured that it is a fact that Hunter Biden got this $3.5 million from a Putin ally.

How can we trust the media to report fairly?

This same mainstream media laments the fact that more and more people go to alternative news sources, but it is their own fault.

CNN pointed out that Trump manipulates statistics by talking about total covid tests taken in our country and not per capita, but then that same CNN talks about total deaths to twist reality and not per capita deaths that make us look like a typical western European country. CNN admits that several dictator countries downplay their Covid stats or 3rd world countries can't add up their covid stats due to their poverty, but then will turn around and take the comparison of country's stats is golden to compare against the US if it makes Trump look bad.
Just out of curiosity, what do you say about all the foreign money passing to Trump? Far more than that. He's openly bragged about the money from the Russians and Saudis.

Overall, I think the better MSM does a pretty good job. It occurs to me that if Trump weren't always grabbing headlinese with his insanity - whether it's a matter of his lies, his vulgarities, his insults - maybe the media could devote more time to investigations. After all, they have finite staff and money, just like everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies