Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 08:54 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Maybe they should all lose their health insurance and learn what that's like, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 08:55 AM

6,103 posts, read 2,725,398 times
Well we had enough stupid from them to last a lifetime. Vote the dimwits out next month.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:02 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
I registered as a republican in 1991. A lifelong moderate republican, I switched to an independent in 2016.

What a mess the GOP has become. A shell of its former self.

Trump and his radical supporters have dragged the Republican party to the extreme far right end of the political spectrum, and all the GOP senators & house reps have stood by and watched as Trump drove their party into the ground.

And the way the GOP has politized the pandemic, with some governors refusing to lock down and not mandating masks in public...just sickening.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:09 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Well we had enough stupid from them to last a lifetime. Vote the dimwits out next month.

You look like you have been raised on Twitter. Over and over just routine insults. Its like you made a chant book where the source material is subway graffiti.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:10 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I registered as a republican in 1991. A lifelong moderate republican, I switched to an independent in 2016.

Trump and his radical supporters have dragged the Republican party to the extreme far right end of the political spectrum, and all the GOP senators & house reps have stood by and watched as Trump drove their party into the ground.

And the way the GOP has politized the pandemic, with some governors refusing to lock down and not mandating masks in public...just sickening.

What?

Give me one example of an issue Trump has dragged to the right. Just one.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:17 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
What?

Give me one example of an issue Trump has dragged to the right. Just one.
Just one? Okay, I'll play.

I'm pretty sure the previous republican presidents and candidates over the last 30 years (George HW, George W, John McCain, Mitt Romney) would unequivocally denounce white supremacy in its entirety is asked directly to do so.

But Trump tap-danced around the question on debate night, with telling the Proud Boys to "standby" being the best he could do. Because Fat Donny knows radical-right racists and white supremacists vote for him.

The KKK and white supremacist groups like the Proud Boys feel more empowered today under Trump than they have in decades.

I win.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:19 AM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
As the country watches the fallout of the GOP's poor handling of the virus and so much more, Ed Rollins, co-Chairman of Trump Super Pac Great America, admits the election was causing panic before this but now they are "...sort of the stupid party".

As virus spreads across GOP ranks, some Republicans say party will pay price for ‘stupid’ approach
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...0ea_story.html
Ed Rollins? The RINO? He’s as relevant as Carville or Begala these days.
Try again.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:19 AM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:

Yep, I was a hard core republican growing up. Republicans today are nothing but a coalition of those old southern democrat rednecks and working class rust belters. And they have the traditional "country club" republicans grinning from ear to ear as the wealthy republicans exploit these rubes.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:21 AM

9,508 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
As the country watches the fallout of the GOP's poor handling of the virus and so much more, Ed Rollins, co-Chairman of Trump Super Pac Great America, admits the election was causing panic before this but now they are "...sort of the stupid party".

As virus spreads across GOP ranks, some Republicans say party will pay price for ‘stupid’ approach
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...0ea_story.html

I'm going to vote for Trump, but have been very disappointed with Trump's messaging regarding CV-19. It's impossible to quantify how much damage his message has or hasn't done, but it's likely had a negative impact. Regarding his handling of the crisis: there is simply no way to know one way or another whether the negative impact would have been more or less if someone else had been in office. Personally, I don't think wearing a mask and social distancing is much of an ask and am appalled at people who act like it is. On the other hand, the economic impact of lock downs are very real. Finding the balance between reasonable restrictions and letting the pandemic run wild is very, very difficult. We're living the results of Trump's attempt to find that balance. Everything else is just talk. Biden or anyone else who claims they could have done better is full of crap. Likewise, Trump is full of crap when he says it would have been worse under Biden. The fact is, nobody knows.

Bottom line: In terms of who I am voting for, the CV19 is a non issue. Even if it was, I'm not a fan of single issue voting.

In terms of the GOP being "sort of stupid". Yep, when it comes to masks and social distancing, they've been pretty dumb. On the other hand, I feel like Democrats have a huge list of issues on which they've been stunningly obtuse, so Dems still have a firm lock on the overall stupid award.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:25 AM
bu2

24,102 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Just one? Okay, I'll play.

I'm pretty sure the previous republican presidents and candidates over the last 30 years (George HW, George W, John McCain, Mitt Romney) would unequivocally denounce white supremacy in its entirety is asked directly to do so.

But Trump tap-danced around the question on debate night, with telling the Proud Boys to "standby" being the best he could do. Because Fat Donny knows radical-right racists and white supremacists vote for him.

The KKK and white supremacist groups like the Proud Boys feel more empowered today under Trump than they have in decades.

I win.
Trump has denounced it repeatedly including when he made the Charlottesville remark. But much of the left gullibly buys the MSM propaganda. You just don't seem to comprehend how ridiculous it makes you look.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mce...ondemned-media

"...Earlier this week, Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh, in an interview with Fox News, said that the president has “repeatedly, over the course of years now, denounced white supremacists and has been consistent in doing that,” and said he did so “twice” during the debate.

“The media keeps asking him to denounce white supremacy, and he keeps doing it,” Murtaugh told Fox News. “At a certain point, they are going to have to take yes for an answer.”

Murtaugh doubled down, saying that the president has denounced white supremacy “over and over and over again.”

“Just last week, the president declared the KKK a terrorist organization and it cannot be any more clear than that,” Murtaugh said, pointing to the president’s Black America Plan, also known as the “Platinum Plan.”

The “Platinum Plan” states that it will “prosecute the KKK and ANTIFA as terrorist organizations and make lynching a national hate crime.”

“Joe Biden has not done that in 47 years in Washington, including the eight years as vice president,” Murtaugh said. “Joe Biden has never done that....""
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies