Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 02:46 PM

57,213 posts, read 26,166,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
any republican who thinks they should allow the opposing party to win the white house so they can "regroup" for the next election is a ****ing moron. How doea that improve your chances next time?
These stories dont come from republicans because regardless of how you feel about Trump as a person his POLICIES still reflect the republican platform and republican voters would never embrace the democrat platform just to spite Trump.

Yeah Trumps a dick so I want open borders, slavery reparations, pro China trade policies, higher taxes, defund police, BLM riots... just to regroup. Sure.

So how would our next candidate fare better with the opposing party in the white house?

He wouldnt UNLESS he was a democrat whose only platform is ruining everything the country does and saying they arent as bad.
But Trump is president now, has he had success stories in any of those items you mentioned, does he take responsibility? But we are to believe we have to reelect him and the next 4 years will be suddenly different, he is going to lower taxes and prevent illegal immigration with his wall and stop the riots.

The president and the red state governors have done a horrible job with the virus ignoring all the science even from their own experts. I think we have seen enough failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 03:00 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,724,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
Current group of GOP are true to type-science deniers.
They are not stupid nor idiots, just not longterm thinkers.
Nor learned/acquired critical thinking.
Kind of like small school children

Old 10-04-2020, 03:12 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,132,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
To a degree the conservative argument is "science says ___ would reduce spread but individual freedom matters more". Very similar to their views on gun control, "yes, they'll be some massacres but it's the price of freedom".

It's not an out right denial of science but the believe that individual freedom matters more than using science to protect everyone. Given how many more GOP leaders are getting COVID than Democrats I'd say it's not a coincidence.
Excellent points! They believe that individual freedom is more important than others’ freedom from harm.

However DJT does seem to doubt science, believing is delusions. Even now he is taking issue with Mark Meadows who seems to be doing truthtelling about his boss’s case of covid.But perhaps DJT’s attitude of denial is crucial to his mental health.

Old 10-04-2020, 03:22 PM

35,662 posts, read 21,025,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
We're all getting this virus.

You can either be a Dem-voting, pea-testicled Nancy OR just live your life.

Trump 2020
Whatever you wish, wish for yourself. I could get the virus but not because of stupidity.

Old 10-04-2020, 03:25 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,751,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
We're all getting this virus.

You can either be a Dem-voting, pea-testicled Nancy OR just live your life.

Trump 2020
That's what Stormy said

Old 10-04-2020, 03:26 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
King Canute couldn't turn the tide, eh?

(I know, it wasn't King Canute himself who thought that - he made a point to his flatterers. Shaddup.)

Old 10-04-2020, 03:29 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,706,617 times
GOP Admits "Now We're Sort of the Stupid Party"

The GOP was always the Stupid Party.

Now they are the willfully negligent, Stupid Party.

There is NO price that the GOP can pay that will ever fix this mess.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-04-2020 at 03:38 PM..

Old 10-04-2020, 04:07 PM

13,057 posts, read 7,491,199 times
^ [we] better call Vadi.
Before he calls me.”

$400 mill plus is something to be concerned about. ?

Old 10-04-2020, 04:50 PM

6,258 posts, read 5,065,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
To a degree the conservative argument is "science says ___ would reduce spread but individual freedom matters more". Very similar to their views on gun control, "yes, they'll be some massacres but it's the price of freedom".

It's not an out right denial of science but the believe that individual freedom matters more than using science to protect everyone. Given how many more GOP leaders are getting COVID than Democrats I'd say it's not a coincidence.
If I went back over your posting history would I find you taking exception to the drivel we have been force fed re: the number of genders that "science" says exist, the periods that males are supposed to be able to have and the abortions that males should be entitled to, the tampon machines that can be found in male rest rooms, and the pronouns that we are now suppose to be using as replacements for he and she?

Would I find your lack of excitement over the first woman president when anyone, on any day, can wake up, get out of bed, and self-identify as something other than the gender they were born?

Would I find your outrage at the decimation of girls and womens sports (particularly at the high school and college level) because males have been allowed to compete against females?

Would I find any eye rolling on your part over the Ocasio Cortez proclamation that we're all going to die in "like 12 years'" because of climate change?

It's kind of like the recent outrage over violence perpetrated by white nationalists, when it is groups such as Antifa and BLM (and their useful idiots both black and white on the left) that have been burning cities to the ground and perpetrating violence against anyone who happened to get the in the way.

Libs make proclamations that are counter intuitive and completely wrong. Lies. Lies about violence, burning, death and destruction. Lies about conservatives ignoring science. Lies.

Old 10-04-2020, 10:43 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,361,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
That doesn't explain why he clearly lied to all of us about the virus when he was singing a different tune to Bob Woodward though does it?
what trump said to the public had zero effect on the govt response and zero effect on what the public did. I suppose YOU watched him downplay the virus then went out and licked public barhrooms etc?
I dont think so. NObody listened to the president and changed their behavior because we all know everything he says is a lie.

Mask regulations and lockdowns came from the state level. Nobody gave a **** about Trumps assurances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies