Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think will be the outcome of Trump’s case of Covid 19?
Full recovery by second debate 77 58.33%
Slower but still fullY recovery by Election Day 23 17.42%
Long hauler: survives but takes more than a month and may not ever fully recover 23 17.42%
Death 9 6.82%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 04:40 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
In trumps physical condition if he isn’t sick for a month or more it will be highly suspicious. Even given the high level of health care.
Not really. Even in the 70+ age category, there's a very high rate of zero or minor symptoms. Within Trump's age group, the odds of him being hospitalized ranges between 28%-43%, which means there was probably better than 60% chance that Trump didn't even need hospitalization to begin with. Naturally, he's the leader of the free world, so they took him to the hospital whether he needed it or not, but it was definitely better than 50% odds that he didn't actually need it.

Now if he beats the odds in the wrong direction and gets very sick, that too wouldn't be all that surprising. But the betting odds would favor a full and complete recovery with a strong chance of mild to no symptoms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 04:50 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Re-election! Maga

Old 10-04-2020, 04:51 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Re-election! Maga
President Trump will come out stronger, better, faster!

Old 10-04-2020, 04:54 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Not really. Even in the 70+ age category, there's a very high rate of zero or minor symptoms. Within Trump's age group, the odds of him being hospitalized ranges between 28%-43%, which means there was probably better than 60% chance that Trump didn't even need hospitalization to begin with. Naturally, he's the leader of the free world, so they took him to the hospital whether he needed it or not, but it was definitely better than 50% odds that he didn't actually need it.

Now if he beats the odds in the wrong direction and gets very sick, that too wouldn't be all that surprising. But the betting odds would favor a full and complete recovery with a strong chance of mild to no symptoms.
His oxygen levels dropped enough that most folks would be told to go to the hospital. And digital oxygen meters are not that uncommon. I have one. He needed hospitalized. And you dont give him the drugs he is getting without that because otherwise the side effects are not worth the risk.

Old 10-04-2020, 05:16 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
His oxygen levels dropped enough that most folks would be told to go to the hospital. And digital oxygen meters are not that uncommon. I have one. He needed hospitalized. And you dont give him the drugs he is getting without that because otherwise the side effects are not worth the risk.
We have Leftists high-fiving each other, wishing for Trumps immediate and agonizing death and bandying about conspiracy theories like crazy. None more so than the news media, who seem hell bent on causing as much mass manic as possible. So with that in mind, do you have a reliable source what Trump's oxygen levels were, or is it just the rumor mill spitting out numbers?

But assuming you are correct, that still doesn't mean Trump is not going to make a rapid recovery, be released from the hospital Monday (like his doctors are currently claiming) and will be back to work as normal from there.

I'm happy to accept whatever outcome reality hands us, but there's a lot of folks already claiming that when we see Trump reappear in public, it will be some kind of body double while the real Donald Trump (pun not intended) remains languishing near death on a ventilator in the hospital.

Old 10-04-2020, 05:24 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
How long will it be before Mark Meadows is looking for a new job?

Old 10-04-2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
We have Leftists high-fiving each other, wishing for Trumps immediate and agonizing death and bandying about conspiracy theories like crazy. None more so than the news media, who seem hell bent on causing as much mass manic as possible. So with that in mind, do you have a reliable source what Trump's oxygen levels were, or is it just the rumor mill spitting out numbers?
Trumps Dr discussed them, as did apparently mark meadows. Additionally you do NOT give the steroid used unless there is a significant drop in oxygen or you put someone on ventilation because otherwise you will rise the risk of death. Please note-I have already said I am not one of those wishing death on him. And I find those doing so to be incredibly misguided. So please dont include that nonsense in replies addressing me. I DO hope he recognizes the danger of this better now.

Quote:
But assuming you are correct, that still doesn't mean Trump is not going to make a rapid recovery, be released from the hospital Monday (like his doctors are currently claiming) and will be back to work as normal from there.
Agreed. Go read what I said, its all probabilities. My guess as I said, 50% he is fine. Which is far better then I would give a regular citizen.
Quote:

I'm happy to accept whatever outcome reality hands us, but there's a lot of folks already claiming that when we see Trump reappear in public, it will be some kind of body double while the real Donald Trump (pun not intended) remains languishing near death on a ventilator in the hospital.
thats nuts. There is a near ZERO chance a body double of Trump would be successful. If someone says that I will mock them.

Old 10-04-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
How long will it be before Mark Meadows is looking for a new job?
Bwahahaha. yeah...that deserves a whole thread of its own. My guess is he is gone before January.

Old 10-04-2020, 06:12 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Totally false. The Wuhan virus has totally different effects on different people. There is no obvious rhyme or reason on how it effects people. It kills some. Knocks some on their backs for 2 weeks. Knocks some on their backs for a day or two. Gives some a mild fever. Doesn't do anything at all to others. I am acquainted with people who have had all of those effects. The only common thing is that it generally only kills those with other conditions.

Largely correlated with age: I know about 10 people who had it from teens to 60ish. The younger ones (16-30s) were either asymptomatic or had a mild case and recovered within a few days. The man who was 60 and obese took a month to recover and the woman in her mid 40s was sick for about two weeks. That's based on the people that I know but I do know that there are exceptions with some senior citizens who got it like a minor cold and people in their 20s who died (but very rare). I also know spouses who still didn't get covid (no symptoms and tested negative) despite sharing the same bed (this makes me think there are some people that are functionally immune, possibly some of Donald Trump's family members and others who were very close to him in the past week who won't get it).

Old 10-04-2020, 08:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Oh tell me about it. He wears Brioni suits that cost anything from $4-8K but the fit is just terrible, like a sack. One of the few men who can make a $6,000 suit look like a $60 one. His tailor should be fired, or more likely, Trump wouldn't listen to him.

Even Chris Christie, who is built like a bowling ball, looks better in a suit.
Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies