Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2020, 07:14 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,366,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
If a racist business owner had a policy that charges blacks a higher price than he did for whites, you don’t think people would be up in arms? By the same token, a racist business owner who charges whitey more also should be justifiably condemned.
As I said, be "up in arms" if you like.

If a local bike shop wanted to offer whites a discount just for being white, I couldn't possibly care less. I'd think it's a bad business move, just like I think this shop is making a bad business move. Not my business, not my concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2020, 07:22 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
As I said, be "up in arms" if you like.

If a local bike shop wanted to offer whites a discount just for being white, I couldn't possibly care less. I'd think it's a bad business move, just like I think this shop is making a bad business move. Not my business, not my concern.
I’m pretty sure it is illegal to charge different prices to people based on race. Otherwise, a racist and antisemitic real estate developer could advertise this way:

New, beautiful 5-bedroom houses for sale! Prices are as follows:

White Christians: $600,000
Jews and Blacks: $9 million

Old 10-25-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
I’m pretty sure it is illegal to charge different prices to people based on race. Otherwise, a racist and antisemitic real estate developer could advertise this way:

New, beautiful 5-bedroom houses for sale! Prices are as follows:

White Christians: $600,000
Jews and Blacks: $9 million

Maybe so. If it is, then there's nothing for anyone to worry about. Right?

Old 10-25-2020, 07:30 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Quote:
Maybe so. If it is, then there's nothing for anyone to worry about. Right?
If it’s illegal, you mean? Then yes....authorities can straighten out the anti-white racist bike shop owner. But it’s Oregon, where the government seems to be very soft on scofflaws.

Old 10-25-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
If it’s illegal, you mean? Then yes....authorities can straighten out the anti-white racist bike shop owner. But it’s Oregon, where the government seems to be very soft on scofflaws.

That's a problem for Oregonians, then.

I've got bigger fish to fry than something possibly happening at a bike shop 2000 miles away.

Old 10-25-2020, 07:53 AM

9,108 posts, read 6,150,521 times
What if I "feeL' black today? Do I still get my victim discount?

Old 10-25-2020, 08:01 AM

29,792 posts, read 24,876,501 times
Quote:
Unless you are a shareholder/investor for this company, I can't see why anyone would care.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ott-after.html

But when the "other side" does it...

Old 10-25-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ott-after.html

But when the "other side" does it...

What's your point? I said the exact same thing in that thread.

Old 10-25-2020, 08:05 AM

29,792 posts, read 24,876,501 times
Quote:
What's your point? I said the exact same thing in that thread.

Mostly to show the blatant double standard that exists in America. Mass boycotts were not being called for the bicycle shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
What if I "feeL' black today? Do I still get my victim discount?
America is a strange place because lefties have been allowed to gain power. Because of the left, a man can legally become a women, and vice versa. So perhaps in the near future, a person of another race may have some path to becoming a black person, although I'm not sure it would be a one day only type of deal.

Old 10-25-2020, 08:08 AM

25,683 posts, read 18,770,132 times
It's quite an involved project to exhume the bodies of every former slave and dump money into his or her coffin, not to mention that it serves no useful purpose and will not make the corpse feel better about its circumstances two hundred years ago when it was alive.

Insanity is disbursing victim-feel-good funding to someone six generations removed from the victim. Perhaps we could visit a gypsy fortuneteller and offer feel-good funding to someone who will have a great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandchild who will be victimized in some fashion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies