Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 05:14 PM

493 posts, read 514,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
5th grade called - it wants its mentality back.
u mad because I speak the truth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 05:21 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
My wife and I went to the movies the other day. You had to wear a mask and there were only about 8 of us in the theatre and far apart. It was good to go to a movie again. Movie was an action film and pretty good. The Dolby sound makes for even more enjoyment. I'm not afraid of the virus I'm more afraid of losing my freedom.

Old 10-04-2020, 05:25 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
37,482 JOBS to be eliminated. The Liberal politicians still got their jobs, that's all that matters!

END LOCKDOWNS NOW

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...-screens-in-us
Debacle continues and yes the lockdowns do need to be ended. We're not getting rid of Covid 19 anytime soon so why continue locking down and compounding the problem with economic misery as well.
Oh yeah - there's an election coming up. Guess this continues for at least another month - the blue state governors will make sure of it.

Old 10-04-2020, 05:25 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
5th grade called - it wants its mentality back.
That poster is so excited about learning a new word, she's posted the same thing several times. Really compelling and intelligent post as a rebuttal.

Old 10-04-2020, 05:26 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Yeas we are seeing to types of people here. Those who care about jobs and business and those who are coming with all sorts of excuses as to why all of these businesses going out of business is No big deal, past time, or will only hurt lower income so no big deal. Democrats are exposing themselves as the anti worker people you are.
A recession is when your neighbor loses his job. A depression is when you lose your job.

Old 10-04-2020, 05:40 PM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
My wife and I went to the movies the other day. You had to wear a mask and there were only about 8 of us in the theatre and far apart. It was good to go to a movie again. Movie was an action film and pretty good. The Dolby sound makes for even more enjoyment. I'm not afraid of the virus I'm more afraid of losing my freedom.
You are not losing any freedom if theaters close, it's just business.

Old 10-04-2020, 05:56 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
The real estate industry (other than housing) is going to be in a world of hurt over the next few years as small businesses cease to exist and businesses do more work from home.
Wait until April, when banks are allowed to start foreclosing on homes where the owners are behind on mortgage payments. We haven’t seen the worst of the economic turmoil yet.

Old 10-04-2020, 06:05 PM

8,052 posts, read 12,772,027 times
Quote:
How are you "Losing your freedom"? You went to the movie didn't you? They were open for business but only 8 people showed up. Do you expect them to remain open without customers CHOOSING to attend? Nobody restricted attendance. No "freedoms" were lost.

How many businesses would stay open with such a huge drop in revenue?

Old 10-04-2020, 06:06 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,121,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
How are you "Losing your freedom"? You went to the movie didn't you? They were open for business but only 8 people showed up. Do you expect them to remain open without customers CHOOSING to attend? Nobody restricted attendance. No "freedoms" were lost.

How many businesses would stay open with such a huge drop in revenue?
I actually went to tennessee and saw a movie. The theater was packed. The notion of people scared to go is a fallacy projected by fake news.

Old 10-04-2020, 06:11 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Obviously many are choosing not to go to movie theaters aside from state restrictions, just claiming we need to reopen isn't solving anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies