Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 07:13 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

No doubt these people were influenced by the protesters that have been acting up like children this year.

If you want to march for any cause, be my guest. Just pretty please stop inconveniencing the general public with your stupidity.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/armenia-p...lywood-traffic

Quote:
Protesters blocked a California freeway to bring attention to the conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia, according to reports.

Hundreds of protesters took to the streets of Los Angeles on Saturday, waving Armenian flags and holding up signs that demanded media pay attention to the conflict between the neighboring nations, the LA Times reported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 07:18 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
No doubt these people were influenced by the protesters that have been acting up like children this year.

If you want to march for any cause, be my guest. Just pretty please stop inconveniencing the general public with your stupidity.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/armenia-p...lywood-traffic
They may be on to something.

Maybe we can send BLM and ANTIFA to Armenia to protest there.

Old 10-04-2020, 08:10 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,635,195 times
I've never given any thought to Armenia, but if their protesters are going to go blocking highways, that's not going to make me supportive of their cause.

Old 10-04-2020, 08:20 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Bring attention to the conflict? What in the hell does that have to do with us?

If they want part of it, by all means, go over there and participate.

People think of the stupidest things to protest and block traffic over; really that bored in life?

Old 10-04-2020, 08:42 PM

6,475 posts, read 4,076,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Bring attention to the conflict? What in the hell does that have to do with us?

If they want part of it, by all means, go over there and participate.

People think of the stupidest things to protest and block traffic over; really that bored in life?
Most likely their worried that Armenia will be overrun and conquered by Azerbaijan and Turkey and the relatives they have there will be in danger. L.A has a massive Armenian-American population, and famously also includes the Kardashians. They want the U.S to step in because their is a danger that if Turkey get's involved, we aren't just talking about Armenia losing some border territory but being conquered, and i'm sure you know the history of the Armenian Genocide.

Of course Russia would likely step in, if the war crossed a certain boundary.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:30 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,953,608 times
Get on a plane fly over there and volunteer to fight. Americans have been doing that for causes they believed in since there was an America. Other then that don't ask our Nation to send our sons and daughters to help nor for us to send money or weapons. Settle your own dang problems....

Old 10-04-2020, 09:36 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
Azerbaijan is reclaiming their land that has been occupied by Armenia since the 90's. We should care a little bit because a disruption in the gas pipelines over there could raise gas prices for everyone.

Old 10-05-2020, 01:26 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Most likely their worried that Armenia will be overrun and conquered by Azerbaijan and Turkey and the relatives they have there will be in danger. L.A has a massive Armenian-American population, and famously also includes the Kardashians. They want the U.S to step in because their is a danger that if Turkey get's involved, we aren't just talking about Armenia losing some border territory but being conquered, and i'm sure you know the history of the Armenian Genocide.

Of course Russia would likely step in, if the war crossed a certain boundary.
There is zero danger nor threat of the entire country being overran, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Azerbaijan is reclaiming their land that has been occupied by Armenia since the 90's. We should care a little bit because a disruption in the gas pipelines over there could raise gas prices for everyone.
Good god, not even close, you think this conflict has a starting point of the 90's?

This is a direct result of Stalin, his border drawing which is a source of issues for a few areas of the former USSR. The USSR borders were drawn with the purpose of the USSR in mind, not the people who live there.

In this case, the area in dispute is a majority Armenian and has been for centuries, and they wish to be part of Armenia, not Azerbaijan where Stalin drew the line.

Old 10-05-2020, 01:41 AM

6,475 posts, read 4,076,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
There is zero danger nor threat of the entire country being overran, lol.

Good god, not even close, you think this conflict has a starting point of the 90's?

This is a direct result of Stalin, his border drawing which is a source of issues for a few areas of the former USSR. The USSR borders were drawn with the purpose of the USSR in mind, not the people who live there.

In this case, the area in dispute is a majority Armenian and has been for centuries, and they wish to be part of Armenia, not Azerbaijan where Stalin drew the line.
I mean maybe not in the conflict with Azerbaijan, but both Turkey and Russia have been trying to physically expand in the last half a decade. With Turkey funding in Libya, occupying part's of Northern Syria, Messing with the Kurds in Northern Iraq, damming up the Euphrates and Tigris to hold a geopolitical advantage over the Iraqi government. Messing in Cyprus.
Getting in conflict with Greece over Greek Islands of the Turkish coast. I'm not a geopolitical genius but from all of these moves it seems to me Turkey is looking to expand in a big way. Russia has Crimea and also has the Belarus crisis on it's borders, I don't see why either of them won't be interested in expanding or at least stopping the other from Expanding because it seems both of them are preparing for at least some sort of land grab. I can see Russia being against it because Southern Russia is technically a border region filled with non-Russians that would need to be conquered first tog et to the heartland of Russia. But Northeastern Turkey is still heavily Turkish, and Turkey if invaded from the northeast doesn't have much of a buffer from the Turkish heartland.

Now I don't think Turkey is going to go for a landgrab in 2020, but one's definitely happening a la Crimea in the next decade.

Old 10-05-2020, 03:14 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Get on a plane fly over there and volunteer to fight. Americans have been doing that for causes they believed in since there was an America. Other then that don't ask our Nation to send our sons and daughters to help nor for us to send money or weapons. Settle your own dang problems....

As if the MIC's ever gonna let that happen. Owning politicians is very good for the bottom line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies