Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 09:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
What wonderful human beings....I did not like Obama but I never wished him or his family ill!

https://dailycaller.com/2020/10/02/d...ts-happy-poll/
We do have a few friends that are liberals and super kind and nice, but more are totally filled with hate. It would never had dawned on me until recently that any one group could be so hateful. It is so sad and I reel sorry for those who are so nice.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:17 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
Apparently 14% of Republicans were also happy that Trump got COVID and that's for somebody on "their side". How messed up is that?

https://morningconsult.com/form/reac...id/#section-51

You can find 14% of just about anything.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:19 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
I'm happy in the way that I'm happy when someone who claims they are a better driver drunk runs their car into a ditch. I don't want anyone to get hurt, but if you do stupid things, you win stupid prizes. And Trump's actions around covid have caused negative repercussions to millions of Americans, including my dead coworkers, relatives, and exboyfriend and dozens of friends who now have preexisting conditions thanks to covid.

Actions have consequences.

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
More deflection. Aren't you taken aback that 40% of people on your side are HAPPY that someone contracted a potentially fatal disease? I can think of a lot of Democrats that I absolutely despise - Pelosi springs to mind - but I would not be happy to hear that she contracted COVID as a result of her not wearing a mask at the hair salon she demanded be opened for her.

1) NOT my 'side'

2) I have to take a 'poll' from a RW rag with a grain of salt

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
What wonderful human beings....I did not like Obama but I never wished him or his family ill!

https://dailycaller.com/2020/10/02/d...ts-happy-poll/
Yes, there are nasty, trolls on both sides of the aisle. When RBG was sick people said horrible things.

And when she died conservatives were gleeful.

So please spare us the righteous indignation.

Some on the right are as nasty as some on the left.

So we can do our part to stop the name calling, insults and keep to the differences in policies and issues.

I can easily say I disagree with you without personally attacking you.

I can't stand Trump but I want him well and in The White House so we can get to business. I'm furious that he and his administration were so irresponsible to dismiss the COVID concerns and that put his life, his wife's life and others at risk.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:21 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We do have a few friends that are liberals and super kind and nice, but more are totally filled with hate. It would never had dawned on me until recently that any one group could be so hateful. It is so sad and I reel sorry for those who are so nice.
I find the same thing with some Republicans.

The finger pointing is very telling for me.

It explains why we end up with the petty, childish politicians in office (on both sides).

American voters love to play silly games.

There are nasty people on both sides.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:21 AM

19,832 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
1) NOT my 'side'

2) I have to take a 'poll' from a RW rag with a grain of salt

Politico is RW?

Old 10-05-2020, 09:22 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
What decent person wishes a serious disease on another person?
I looked at the table, and it said 21%, not 40%, but its interesting it is suddenly considered "serious disease" after 7 months of downplaying it and calling it "pure politics".

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Gee, aren't you a nice guy/gal...

But here is what one of your right wing preacher pals said about Obama..

"The Rev. Steven Anderson quoted passages from the Old Testament to the congregation of his Faithful Word Baptist Church about the kinds of people God hates in Tempe Aug. 16. Anderson then told worshippers he interprets those passages to include Mr. Obama and that he prays for the president's death.

While Anderson didn't say he wanted his parishioners to attack the president, he did say the country would benefit from Mr. Obama dying"

Regardless, why should anybody feel sorry for Trump? He was reckless, he was disdainful, and he made fun of people who weren't. It's hard to feel sorry for someone who gets COVID after behaving the way he did.

If a person was out having sex with anybody and everybody and not using a condom... and spent their spare time mocking people who didn't have sex/and or wore condoms... and then came up with an STD...Would you feel sorry for them?
The only thing I find surprising about this is that its coming from someone who calls himself a Christian

Old 10-05-2020, 09:23 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
More deflection. Aren't you taken aback that 40% of people on your side are HAPPY that someone contracted a potentially fatal disease? I can think of a lot of Democrats that I absolutely despise - Pelosi springs to mind - but I would not be happy to hear that she contracted COVID as a result of her not wearing a mask at the hair salon she demanded be opened for her.

If only there were ways to minimize the chance of contracting a potentially fatal disease.

If only the person who got it hadn't spent months not only minimizing it, but actively discouraging methods to reduce spread.

If only...

Old 10-05-2020, 09:24 AM

8,335 posts, read 6,419,063 times
My pastor called California politicians evel from the pulpit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies