Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 05:35 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The event was invite only. And that person would have had to test negative.

I suspect the rapid test is not as accurate as we would like it to be and should not be used in situations where a bunch of people will be packed together (even outside) and refusing to social distance.

Those invitees, hugged and kissed and gossiped.......not a good idea in a pandemic.

Especially given these are people that deal with LOTS of people from all over.

I know for myself I have seen the same group of people in the last six months. My husband works from home mainly -- occasional site visit.....so we aren't 'exposing' ourselves to hundreds of chances.

I think this really demonstrates how easily it spreads.

And yes, most will be fine...but are you willing to risk your or someone you love ....meh -- for what.....a social gathering.

And did they in fact test everyone?
You said it all "The event was invite only. And that person would have had to test negative." A person testing negative obviously wouldn't know they had CoVid. So, kind of impossible.

I don't know about that event, but it was noted that for the debate, the Trump children and their extended family came in late, and refused to be tested. Hey! Maybe one of them is a mole lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 06:05 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I know.. months go by and nothing like this .. then one month before the election and the swearing in of a Supreme Court Judge everyone of the higher ups gets Covid. I am starting to think something nefarious could be the cause.
Pence isn't a "higher up"?

Old 10-06-2020, 06:07 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
It does not make sense that 11 people who had just tested negative that morning all were positive one to four days later based upon the Rose Garden Ceremony.

I suspect the Democrats put a plant in there and he/she made contact.
Yeah it does make sense. That's how it works.

The RNC Chair ws the first I think. Someone in her family had it.

She probably passed it on to any of them before the Saturday.
The Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday -- they all shared it with each other.

They were on planes, in cars, in meetings together.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:09 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
It is atypical.
In what way, specifically?

Old 10-06-2020, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I know.. months go by and nothing like this .. then one month before the election and the swearing in of a Supreme Court Judge everyone of the higher ups gets Covid. I am starting to think something nefarious could be the cause.
We are still in a pandemic. More than 25 states are seeing rates go up.

They relaxed their protocols.

Did not wear masks.

Like everyone else -- they got lazy.

It was bound to happen.

Two weeks ago y'all were mocking Biden for not holding rallies but now it is some deep plot to give idiots who defied guidelines on the pandemic the virus.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
You said it all "The event was invite only. And that person would have had to test negative." A person testing negative obviously wouldn't know they had CoVid. So, kind of impossible.

I don't know about that event, but it was noted that for the debate, the Trump children and their extended family came in late, and refused to be tested. Hey! Maybe one of them is a mole lol
I think more likely -- not everyone got a test that Saturday at the Rose Garden or the rapid test is not a solid test.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post

They did not wear masks, his family I am talking about but where did you get your information, the kids refused to be tested? Do you know how long before that they had been tested and how many since have tested positive?

Old 10-06-2020, 06:19 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
This is a typical spread within groups of people who are not wearing masks, are not distancing, and do not quarantine after exposure.

Nothing atypical about it, other than they managed to fool so many Americans into thinking their actions were appropriate in a global pandemic.
Explain why they weren't.

BTW, "global pandemic" is redundant.

This is what I'm talking about when I say that "low information" people are being taken seriously simply because there are so many of them. I'm supposed to give credence to analysys from someone who doesn't even understand that the word "pandemic" implies "global"?

Don't assume you're right about something, simply because all your friends agree. Don't assume you know anything, simply because all your friends "know" it, too. And don't ever assume that someone else's conclusions are the same ones you would draw.

We have too many damn zombies in this country now.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:25 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Throw in the fact that we have had this issue around for several months, and in October before the election - his people are infected. It would not be surprising as his enemies seem to have fewer and fewer boundaries each day.
Unless we hear anything definite based on specific investigation it's all conjecture and tin foil theories. It would not be impossible to contemplate though.

If felons in CA would deliberately get themselves infected so they could be released from jails (which happened), then certainly a young and healthy attendee at the Rose Garden event (who knew the stats that over 99% of those under 50 fully recover from Covid) could deliberately become infected, and then deliberately spread that infection.

Who knows? We don't. None of us do. But it's always possible.

So is carelessness among attendees. Lot of hugs and high fiving was going on at that event.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:28 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
And they would do it three days before they know he would be in the same room as Biden?

As I've said elsewhere, I'm not a fan of Biden, but this is completely unsubstantiated paranoia.
Its a QANON conspiracy theory, so of course Trump apologists believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies