Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 01:59 PM

1,514 posts, read 890,913 times

Advertisements

An Independent voters 4 year review of President Donald J. Trump’s Presidency

His Presidency and Trump as a person is summed up by four Ds
Divisive, Dishonest, Destructive and Demoralizing

Divisive
Our countries current divisions and unrest are worse now under his watch then when he entered office.
He has inflamed national division with his rhetoric and actions on a range of issues.

Dishonest
He very often has lied multiple times he makes a public address or interview.
His dishonest statements number in the thousands since taking office.

Destructive
He has destroyed a degree of trust in our institutions such as the CDC, EPA, FDA etc. whose goal it is to protect people.
He has destroyed a degree of trust toward a free and open press
He has destroyed a degree of trust regarding the USPS
He has destroyed a degree of trust about our election process
He has destroyed a degree of trust and respect from our allies
He has destroyed a degree of trust on how the rest of the world wants to do business with us and how they view us
He has destroyed a degree of trust among Americans with other fellow Americans

Demoralizing
He has made demoralizing statements about soldiers with war injuries, captured soldiers and fallen veterans
He has mocked a disabled reporter and her disability
He has engaged in Sexual Misconduct, Harassment, & Bullying
When put on the spot, he has either refused to condemn or made comments in support of: White Supremacy, certain militant groups, Racism, Homophobia, Transphobia, & Xenophobia
He has engaged in obstruction of justice multiple times
He engages in personal insults of anyone he has fired or is in opposition to him

This is not an exhaustive list. However:

The above characteristics should not embody any leader (regardless of political affiliation) of the highest office of the United States.

The way this President has conducted himself both before and in office has been divisive, dishonest, destructive and demoralizing. He has shown to be morally deficient before entering office and now in office. He has not met a high standard in these categories. A standard that is important for a leader. A standard that is important for the highest office of the United States of America regardless of political affiliation.

This independent, who voted for Obama before him and Bush before Obama, regrets my choice of choosing Donald J. Trump the first time.

I am not fond of Biden either. As with the previous Presidential election, we had (and have two terrible choices). Due to this, I will likely be “writing in” another Republican candidate on the ticket.

We have had 4 years to see who Donald Trump is compared to what he said he was. We have had 4 years to see the moral deficiency, the divisiveness, dishonesty and the destruction he has done.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time"
- Maya Angelou
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2020, 02:14 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
independent voter my foot!

PS not one point there dealt with policy at all.

Donald Trump has been 100% on point on policy. He has fought against systemic racism. He has built a strong economy that has in fact shown it was capable of weathering this COVID storm. He has done what he said he would do in ways no one expected and has gone beyond that.

Old 10-05-2020, 02:15 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
We have had 4 years to see who Donald Trump is compared to what he said he was. We have had 4 years to see the moral deficiency, the divisiveness, dishonesty and the destruction he has done.

- Maya Angelou
Which is why I will never, ever vote for Joe Biden. I’ve had 47 years to see him in practice - the man is a true racist from the top of his head to the tip of his toes.

Old 10-05-2020, 02:19 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:

Divisive
Our countries current divisions and unrest are worse now under his watch then when he entered office.
He has inflamed national division with his rhetoric and actions on a range of issues.

Dishonest

Destructive
He has destroyed a degree of trust in our institutions such as the CDC, EPA, FDA etc. whose goal it is to protect people.
He has destroyed a degree of trust on how the rest of the world wants to do business with us and how they view us

Demoralizing
He has made demoralizing statements about soldiers with war injuries, captured soldiers and fallen veterans
He has engaged Sexual Misconduct, Harassment, & Bullying
He has made comments in regards to White Supremacy, Racism, Homophobia, Transphobia, & Xenophobia
He engages in personal insults of anyone he has fired or is in opposition to him

The above characteristics should not embody any leader (regardless of political affiliation) of the highest office of the United States.

The way this President has conducted himself both before and in office has been divisive, dishonest, destructive and demoralizing. He has shown to be morally deficient before entering office and now in office. He has not met a high standard in these categories. A standard that is important for a leader. A standard that is important for the highest office of the United States of America regardless of political affiliation.

This independent, who voted for Obama before him and Bush before Obama, regrets my choice of choosing Donald J. Trump the first time.

I am not fond of Biden either. As with the previous Presidential election, we had (and have two terrible choices). Due to this, I will likely be “writing in” another Republican candidate on the ticket.

- Maya Angelou
Uh huh. The POTUS is the one who is divisive. We're just going to ignore the fact that the Democrats and their lapdogs in the media started attacking him before he was even elected? We're going to ignore the fact that the Democrat led House tried to impeach him over a fabricated story which looks to have been created with the full knowledge of the previous administration of which Biden was the 2nd in charge? It takes a lot of cognitive dissonance to accuse Trump of being divisive when his opposition has been bailing out rioters so that they could strike again while blaming Trump for the systemic racism that was created by the Democrats.

It's funny how all of the things you posted above can either be proven false or can be equally attributed to the current golden boy of the DNC, Biden. He also was accused of sexual assault, and the media trashed his accuser like she was a character in a Hawthorne novel (Scarlet Letter, in case your education is as shoddy as your critical thinking skills). Biden is actually on tape saying mean things to soldiers, while everyone who was at the meeting in which Trump supposedly made his statement has denied that it happened.

You went from voting for Bush to voting for Obama to voting for Trump? That shows a distinct lack of conviction in your values, considering that all three of them represent diametrically different aspects of politics.

Trump is an egotistical ass, but blaming him for the division in America today is a stretch. If anything, the division of today is caused by a large portion of the populace having the emotional development of a hormonal 15-year-old and throwing a tantrum because they didn't get their way.

If you're that frustrated with Trump, why not do what those of us who detest the two-party system do and vote third party? I mean, you're already "wasting your vote" (according to the sycophants that refuse to see that voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil) so why not at least try to upset the applecart with a vote for a valid candidate?

Old 10-05-2020, 02:20 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
independent voter my foot!

PS not one point there dealt with policy at all.

Donald Trump has been 100% on point on policy. He has fought against systemic racism. He has built a strong economy that has in fact shown it was capable of weathering this COVID storm. He has done what he said he would do in ways no one expected and has gone beyond that.
What policy? There are only two positive policy developments that I can attribute to him.

a.) Tax reform--especially 20% cut on passthrough income. I'm a small business owner/investor, and that really helped. But here's the thing, it would have passed with any Republican president since the Republican congress was the major driver of this bill. He just signed into law.
b.) UAE/Israeli and Kosovo/Serbia normalization of ties.

Other than that.....

Old 10-05-2020, 02:23 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:

Divisive

Dishonest

Destructive

Demoralizing
When put on the spot, he has either refused to condemn or made comments in support of: White Supremacy, certain militant groups, Racism, Homophobia, Transphobia, & Xenophobia

- Maya Angelou
Very accurate, and lot of independents feel the same way, especially the ones who lean conservative.

Old 10-05-2020, 02:24 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Lol @ "independent."
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 10-05-2020, 02:25 PM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
Quote:

Divisive

Dishonest

Destructive

Demoralizing

- Maya Angelou

The craziest thing about Trump's support is that his followers don't actually care if any of this is true or not (even though it is 100% true). They only care if they believe Trump is fulfilling the urge to "get" the liberals.

The modern day Know-Nothing Anti-Intellectualist party will bring America to it's knees. A perfect example is them applauding Trump's cap on legal immigration. Never acknowledging the absolutely negative ramifications of having a society losing population. It's the very thing that the founding fathers fought against.

Here's an analysis of what could happen to the economy by the right wing CATO institute:

https://www.cato.org/blog/census-fin...ut-immigration
I can find tons of other scholarly articles on the topic from left wing sources, but I figured maybe someone with some sense will respect CATO more.

Old 10-05-2020, 02:26 PM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
OP you need to shut off CNN and most of the other mass media who's job it has become to Divide our country, Destroy Trump and Demoralize his base so they can be Dishonest with telling us that Biden despite having 47 years in Politics, 8 of which he was VP he never actually did anything positive for America but now suddenly he has all the answers for everything. ??

Trump has exposed the swamp of DC and it is not pretty. It is an old rusted propaganda machine that is set to destroy the America we know and Love with the Demoncrats at the controls.

Trump certainly has his issues but I don't think there is any doubt he wants to do his best for America and its people. The Democrats on the other hand? They want to tear it all down.

Trump 2020

Old 10-05-2020, 02:26 PM

9,508 posts, read 4,342,349 times
txbullsfan, I'm also an Independent voter. Most of your list of Trump's transgression are based on misinformation fed to you be the media. You should do more research before believing everything you. The media is extremely biased and very, very comfortable reporting blatant lies as news or, at best, putting some sort of anti-Trump spin on every news item.

That being said, I'm not particularly thrilled with Trump (didn't vote for him in 2016), but the alternative is much, much worse. Trump can be boorish and insensitive, but he has the best interests of American in mind. The Democrats, in contrast are openly anti-American, racist, sexist, and intolerant. It's is unfortunate that our only choices are Trump or the insane-in-the-brain Dems, but that's what we're dealing. Do the smart thing and vote for Trump. You will 100% regret it if you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies