Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 08:17 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...-this-election

Attacks on the 2nd amendment, economy will crash even worse because of a nationwide shut down, bowing to China again, more bad trade deals, clamping down on free speech especially on college campuses and online, not holding big tech accountable for censorship, letting the floodgates of 3rd world invaders in. etc etc etc.

NOT an America I will stay in for long that's for sure. I am done with college in 18 months and would be applying for jobs overseas in Eastern Europe.
Just in case Biden wins, I have already sold a handful of my properties and used the money to buy actual precious metals so in case the economy tanks, I still have some cushioning to fall back onto.

And face it people, Biden's plan to tax the rich to pay for all of his programs is never going to happen. I remember when Obama was running for president and how he campaigned on ending NAFTA, and then a few months into his presidency he came out and claimed it was a hard written law and he couldn't over come it, so it stays. The same thing will happen to this tax the rich to pay for the poor. Biden/Harris will either keep quiet about it and let it slip out of people's minds or just come out and say they can't do it legally. Or if they tried to do it, the rich will just pack up their businesses and take their money to another country and then we will really be in trouble.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:21 PM

13,232 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:

Attacks on the 2nd amendment, economy will crash even worse because of a nationwide shut down, bowing to China again, more bad trade deals, clamping down on free speech especially on college campuses and online, not holding big tech accountable for censorship, letting the floodgates of 3rd world invaders in. etc etc etc.

NOT an America I will stay in for long that's for sure. I am done with college in 18 months and would be applying for jobs overseas in Eastern Europe.
I got sense you were younger. I was angry at the left back when Bill Clinton got elected in 92 I was 25 they passed the AW ban I remember the last weeks before it went into effect buying what I thought would be my last AR-15 at a gunshow.

They passed the Brady bill and AW ban but those were tough to pass not all democrats supported it and they paid the price house was lost to the Republicans. We got the contract with America Newt Gingrich.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Just in case Biden wins, I have already sold a handful of my properties and used the money to buy actual precious metals so in case the economy tanks, I still have some cushioning to fall back onto.

And face it people, Biden's plan to tax the rich to pay for all of his programs is never going to happen. I remember when Obama was running for president and how he campaigned on ending NAFTA, and then a few months into his presidency he came out and claimed it was a hard written law and he couldn't over come it, so it stays. The same thing will happen to this tax the rich to pay for the poor. Biden/Harris will either keep quiet about it and let it slip out of people's minds or just come out and say they can't do it legally. Or if they tried to do it, the rich will just pack up their businesses and take their money to another country and then we will really be in trouble.
Sheet metal value isn’t going up.

You folks, I swear. SMH

Old 10-05-2020, 08:23 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Good, because we’re gonna win and we’re gonna undo Trumpism.

Have fun in East Slobovia.
What's "Trumpism"?

Border control and anything to the Right of hormone blockers for kids?

Besides, its not like the Left allowed trump his term. They chose to make it about dealing with their four year temper tantrum that they lost an election.

I can't identify anything radically different that Trump accomplished other then battling never ending Leftist freakouts, from a conspiracy theory investigation, to an impeahcment to protect Biden from a corruption investigation, to the Left's own election interference effected through four months of terroris riots (no one is putting a Trump sign up on property in any of the places effected by riots lest it invite arson, making the riots terrorism). All of these acts are to be a type of antidemocratic disenfranchisement of the Right wing voter base in this term.

Unless you are talking about forcefully making Trump supporters change their opinions. Which is what would make more sense given that nothing much was actually "done" by Trump amidst all of this chaos that demanded this term's focus be on the Left.

If the people that you hate all go to east Slobovia, so does this Nation. And you know it. And they eventually will, figuratively speaking, given the obvious trajectory of this. Balance and restraint aren't the strong suits of the Leftist voter base. Which is the characteristic that will always be its downfall.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:23 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,009,848 times
Quote:

Please go to Eastern Europe then I beg you

Old 10-05-2020, 08:26 PM

7,140 posts, read 4,735,089 times
Eastern Europe protects their people from tyranny at this point in time. Great place! And they believe in maintaining their sovereignty, keeping their borders secure.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:26 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sheet metal value isn’t going up.

You folks, I swear. SMH
Actually, I bought gold, copper and diamonds. I also bought metal to make my own bullets since I own a small machine shop. It's amazing what you can do on a farm that has a machine shop and tons of manure around.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:31 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
The author is on the advisory board of the Trump campaign so of course it's just more fear mongering. That's all they have now. Trump has nothing to run on. He took over a growing economy from Obama, who inherited a recession. This virus has killed our economy. It will take many years to come back from this. What is Trump's plan for our comeback besides opening up everything, which is not the answer. While some Trump supporters may think the 2nd amendment and free speech are the issue with this election, the most important issue is dealing with this virus which Trump has yet to do. Our economy won't be strong again until we deal with this.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:33 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
What America could look like if democrats "win" this election
According to Trumps ads it would look as bad as Trump's America, and he added footage from riots which took place in Spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Actually, I bought gold, copper and diamonds. I also bought metal to make my own bullets since I own a small machine shop. It's amazing what you can do on a farm that has a machine shop and tons of manure around.
Reminds of of 2009 when people poured their money into guns, ammo and canned food in preparation of a long list of horror scenarios which never took place. Cooler minds invested in the stock market and saw it double in less than 4 years.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:37 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The author is on the advisory board of the Trump campaign so of course it's just more fear mongering. That's all they have now. Trump has nothing to run on. He took over a growing economy from Obama, who inherited a recession. This virus has killed our economy. It will take many years to come back from this. What is Trump's plan for our comeback besides opening up everything, which is not the answer. While some Trump supporters may think the 2nd amendment and free speech are the issue with this election, the most important issue is dealing with this virus which Trump has yet to do. Our economy won't be strong again until we deal with this.
Just out of curiosity--what in your opinion, is Biden's plan to revive the economy? Not judging just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies