Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 01:54 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times

Advertisements

So because I was sadly not paying as close attention, started to do some reading. It seems Munchin and Pelosi were still actively trying to work through a deal. Why wouldn't they just let that play out?

I dont get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 01:55 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,139,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So because I was sadly not paying as close attention, started to do some reading. It seems Munchin and Pelosi were still actively trying to work through a deal. Why wouldn't they just let that play out?

I dont get it.
Because this country can't afford stimulus. Instead what is needed is to reopen the economy.

Old 10-06-2020, 01:56 PM

1,066 posts, read 629,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

I dont get it.

Because Nancy doesn’t come for 2.2 at all. It’s her or nothing. A week of negotiating and she’s at like 2.199 tril

She wants illegals to get stimulus, prior and this, protections, 600 unemployment, blue state bailouts I even read education loan payouts

Old 10-06-2020, 01:57 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,751,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
I’m glad, I personally don’t want any stimulus from dems. If it includes bailing out illegals, deportation protections, and illegals getting previous and new stimulus back pay. screw em. I don’t want you in my country and I don’t want any of you getting a stimulus.

Sorry struggling Americans, we can’t give in to the dems wishlist.

I’m hoping this is a power play, and makes Nancy cave in. Otherwise no stimulus is fine with me.
You're just a sad, angry, small person, aren't you? The next time a tornado rips up an Oklahoma trailer park and all those Trump supporters are looking for support, you won't see a REAL President (Republican or Democrat) threatening to withhold aid. But you keep following your lying, philandering, cheating, hate-mongering game show host.

Old 10-06-2020, 01:57 PM

11,768 posts, read 5,781,921 times
I don't understand the big uproar as many were saying they don't need the money or what's $1200. It would be nice if we got it and I could use it but I'm sick of all the bloat the Dems want so I agree with him. Concentrate on passing something that you can pass.

If Pelosi was at all concerned with the American people - this thing would have gone through back in Aug before they took a break but she needed that vacation for doing nothing.

People are getting back to work - I see plenty of Help Wanted signs out everywhere.

Old 10-06-2020, 01:58 PM

923 posts, read 1,429,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
I’m glad, I personally don’t want any stimulus from dems. If it includes bailing out illegals, deportation protections, and illegals getting previous and new stimulus back pay. screw em. I don’t want you in my country and I don’t want any of you getting a stimulus.

Sorry struggling Americans, we can’t give in to the dems wishlist.

I’m hoping this is a power play, and makes Nancy cave in. Otherwise no stimulus is fine with me.
This ^

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Pretty sure there is not a lot of real support in the Senate. The GOP got what they wanted in the first stimulus and were not really in the mood once goals were reached.

This takes the heat off the Senate.
For now there isn't much support in the Senate.

Everything gets reevaluated after the election though I don't see a switch in party control in either chamber as well as in the WH.

4,169 posts, read 2,139,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
You're just a sad, angry, small person, aren't you? The next time a tornado rips up an Oklahoma trailer park and all those Trump supporters are looking for support, you won't see a REAL President (Republican or Democrat) threatening to withhold aid. But you keep following your lying, philandering, cheating, hate-mongering game show host.

That is what house insurance is for.

Old 10-06-2020, 01:59 PM

1,066 posts, read 629,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post

See, I simply don’t care if a president has affairs, cheats, anything in his personal life. All I care about is him doing a good job of running America like a business, if it isn’t going to work, don’t do it. I don’t see why people care about a good president as a person. No ones good, and I could not give a crap about his personal life. In fact, the more sly he is, the more he can swindle other nations in behalf of USA.

Good nuff for me

We have to stop caring about illegals, stop letting them come here invading, quit doing humanitarian missions and donating billions to country’s who want us dead in first place

Buff up our defenses, and if someone doesn’t like us? Come at us. Til then we are business solely and strictly. If you cannot afford green card on your own, we don’t want you. No sir

My area was hit with 18 tornados, people have insurance, those who don’t suffer. Not my problem sorry.

Old 10-06-2020, 01:59 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
I'm not even a democrat and I see through this crap. You can't just ignore Trump and his handouts in the last stimulus. How much money was thrown at "PPE" companies that never delivered? He robbed FEMA to hand out welfare. Maybe you should start paying attention. They're all bad, including Pelosi. Trump just happens to be the most corrupt and incompetent.

Also, what kind of stimulus to you expect out of an executive order? Care to expand on that?
No different than the stimulus handed to states during the Great Recession, there were no checks/ balances how it would be spent. Unlike the Great Recession, the general public does not know who got what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies