Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2020, 05:25 PM

284 posts, read 78,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
He isn't going to pass it if he loses. Disaster aid is only coming in November if you give him 4 more years. That's the kind of leadership the GOP thinks makes America great.
TDS.

Because Trump is now the Legislative branch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 05:32 PM

20,700 posts, read 12,574,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Also, why are people blaming Trump when he's not involved in the negotiations? Mnuchin and Pelosi are.
The president added that he instructed representatives “to stop negotiating until after the election when, immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business.”
https://money.yahoo.com/coronavirus-...191702208.html

Old 10-06-2020, 05:33 PM

6,131 posts, read 8,009,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
I think he just sealed his fate, assuming voters are even paying any attention.
This.

It's almost like he wants to lose (which is OK).

16,955 posts, read 16,799,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Very good, in fact he should say no stimulus bill ever again. It's time to tell those lazy Democrats to reopen the states and let people get back to work.
Yop. Those getting $2,400 a month PLUS their regular unemployment I think it made them lazy and happy to see their bank account balance, as they made MORE than when they worked.

68,350 posts, read 54,560,900 times
I must've missed the part of the oath stating 'The American people will be held hostage until they vote'.

1,049 posts, read 657,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Thanks Nancy! Evil POS. All she cares about is HORRIBLY run demoncrat cities and states getting a bailout which AIN'T HAPPENING! I needed this money because my engine just blew in my vehicle so we are having to share 1 vehicle between 9 people and it ain't fun.
Be careful some people on here would just tell you to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and stop complaining without knowing your situation.

31,846 posts, read 17,679,517 times
Congress is not in session again until mid-November.

The calendar is created a year ahead of time. This was on the calendar all along. It's not Trump's call that this will not happen until after the election. If anything, it hurts him - it doesn't help him.

He cannot pass anything on his own, so his statements that after the election people are going to get X, Y and Z are typical Trump b.s.

You folks complained about the first stimulus package saying it was going to put us further into debt and instead of being happy that they're not agreeing to a larger package, you're complaining about it.

Make up your minds or at least be honest enough to say you're unwilling to be factual or objective - you're just going to hate everything the other guy does no matter what.

Old 10-06-2020, 05:36 PM

1,049 posts, read 657,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Thanks Nancy! Evil POS. All she cares about is HORRIBLY run demoncrat cities and states getting a bailout which AIN'T HAPPENING! I needed this money because my engine just blew in my vehicle so we are having to share 1 vehicle between 9 people and it ain't fun.
If you can look beyond the BS of Pelosi and black city people this and poor white rural people this we can all come together and realize that we are all getting the raw end of the stick.

Unfortunately, people like Trump and other examples on both ends of the political aisle are just opportunists who say some of the things we may want to hear but don't act upon them, therefore, keeping us divided. By being divided we are too busy fighting amongst ourselves to understand we are all getting screwed.

Old 10-06-2020, 05:43 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,449,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I guess he is angry things haven't being going his way lately, and I heard the White is a Ghost Town. Plus latest polls not looking good, so I guess he have to take it out on somebody. But he really don't care, he's hurting his supporters as well by doing this.

Biden is trailing 2016 Clinton in the RCP battleground state poll average.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...-2020-vs-2016/

Old 10-06-2020, 05:44 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,890,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful DC View Post
TDS.

Because Trump is now the Legislative branch.
I was paraphrasing his own words. Is it deranged to take him at his word now?

He also said this “We made a very generous offer of $1.6 Trillion Dollars and, as usual, she is not negotiating in good faith,” which I completely agree with him on. I guess its NDS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies