Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 04:34 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
This is much worse than Watergate. Just sayin'.
Where is the formal investigation? All Trump does is tweet. I want to see Hillary under oath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 07:37 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
After browsing through Turley's website and comments I find it hard to believe he would vote for Hillary. My dislike for Hillary goes back many years, so I may just have a head start on Turley.
I put him on my Twitter follow.
To Turley, upholding the Constitution is always the thing he's focused on. So his articles and Congressional testimonies may make him sound like he's a conservative or that he's favoring the Republican viewpoint, when really it all boils down to Constitutional rights.

He's been blunt when testifying under oath before Congress that he's a liberal who does not support Trump and voted for Hillary Clinton, and for Obama before her.

One of the reasons he's called upon for his opinion and Constitutional knowledge is because he's unbiased and fair. That can make it difficult to pinpoint what someone's political leanings are because most people are not unbiased and fair as we see here every day.

Old 10-08-2020, 07:54 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
You now want us to believe that the Russia scandal — all the contacts between Trump officials and Russians, the hacking of Democratic emails, the coordination with WikiLeaks, all of it — was invented by Clinton?
Oh who are you kidding, it's out there and you still can't believe and never will.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:24 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Good article by the liberal Constitutional Scholar that DC always goes to for expert advice:

https://jonathanturley.org/2020/10/0...ump-to-russia/
From that link:

“We’re getting additional insight into Russian activities from [REDACTED]. . . CITE [summarizing] alleged approved by Hillary Clinton a proposal from one of her foreign policy advisers to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by the Russian security service.”

We now know that Russian intelligence was interfering, beyond all doubt. Why should we be surprised that the Clinton campaign would use that against the Trump campaign, exactly?

Further, we know that Obama and his administration was aware of the attempts to interfere in the moment, and were struggling with how to address the issue without appearing to put their thumb on the scale of the election. Given that, why would it be surprising that Brennan would report this (the Clinton campaign intent to publicize) to Obama?

What's really new here?

Also, you keep banging on that Turley chiefly concerned about the Constitution, but the majority of your linked article is simply him lamenting the lack of what he feels is sufficient news coverage.

Last edited by hooligan; 10-08-2020 at 08:36 AM..

Old 10-08-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
From that link:

“We’re getting additional insight into Russian activities from [REDACTED]. . . CITE [summarizing] alleged approved by Hillary Clinton a proposal from one of her foreign policy advisers to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by the Russian security service.”

We now know that Russian intelligence was interfering, beyond all doubt. Why should we be surprised that the Clinton campaign would use that against the Trump campaign, exactly.

Further, we know that Obama and his administration was aware of the attempts to interfere in the moment, and were struggling with how to address the issue without appearing to put their thumb on the scale of the election. Given that, why would it be surprising that Brennan would report this (the Clinton campaign intent to publicize) to Obama?

What's really new here?

Also, you keep banging on that Turley chiefly concerned about the Constitution, but the majority of your linked article is simply him lamenting the lack of what he feels is sufficient news coverage.
First of all, he's a lawyer - he's going to use the word alleged.

Secondly, I keep banging that drum to remind people this is an unbiased viewpoint who focuses on the Constitution and not party loyalty.

And the REASON I linked to the article was to point out that it's not going unnoticed that the media isn't covering this.

Finally, I don't know who pee'd in your Cheerios this morning, but I don't need to justify to you why I post something.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
First of all, he's a lawyer - he's going to use the word alleged.

Secondly, I keep banging that drum to remind people this is an unbiased viewpoint who focuses on the Constitution and not party loyalty.

And the REASON I linked to the article was to point out that it's not going unnoticed that the media isn't covering this.

Finally, I don't know who pee'd in your Cheerios this morning, but I don't need to justify to you why I post something.
First of all, that was a quote from Brennan's notes, not from Turley himself, and I don't care a bit about the use (or lack of) "alleged".

Eh, being a Constitutionalist isn't a guarantee of neutrality, especially when the discussion doesn't concern the Constitution.

I never claimed you did need to justify, well, anything. I asked a question - as part of a discussion. You know, the whole point to this forum existing? Feel free not to answer, it's no skin off my nose. You just seemed passionate about the subject, so I assumed you'd be willing to discuss it.

My point was there isn't much new here for the media to be reporting on. As such, is it really being under-publicized?

Have a great day.

Old 10-08-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
First of all, that was a quote from Brennan's notes, not from Turley himself, and I don't care a bit about the use (or lack of) "alleged".

Eh, being a Constitutionalist isn't a guarantee of neutrality, especially when the discussion doesn't concern the Constitution.

I never claimed you did need to justify, well, anything. I asked a question - as part of a discussion. You know, the whole point to this forum existing? Feel free not to answer, it's no skin off my nose. You just seemed passionate about the subject, so I assumed you'd be willing to discuss it.

My point was there isn't much new here for the media to be reporting on. As such, is it really being under-publicized?

Have a great day.

Go back and read your post to me. It came across completely differently than you're conveying here.

Old 10-08-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Go back and read your post to me. It came across completely differently than you're conveying here.

Re-read. No, it doesn't - not to me, at least - and it certainly wasn't intended to.

Feel free to respond to the questions if you like, though.

Old 10-08-2020, 11:28 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Directly from John Brennan’s declassified notes:
“Approved by Hillary Clinton a proposal From one of her foreign policy advisers to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by the Russian security service.

What more do we need now? What’s most disturbing is how many people blindly bought into this lie. The media went all in, brainwashing the clueless masses. I knew it was fabricated from the start, with Obama officials fingerprints all over it. They couldn’t accept the election results and tried to overthrow the president.

Old 10-08-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Directly from John Brennan’s declassified notes:
“Approved by Hillary Clinton a proposal From one of her foreign policy advisers to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by the Russian security service.

What more do we need now? What’s most disturbing is how many people blindly bought into this lie. The media went all in, brainwashing the clueless masses. I knew it was fabricated from the start, with Obama officials fingerprints all over it. They couldn’t accept the election results and tried to overthrow the president.
I'm stunned that there are documents WRITTEN by these people and idiots are still saying, 'If there's proof' and 'Where's the evidence?'

These are people who require that others chew their food for them, I'm assuming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies