Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 04:16 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I am only interested in hearing if there are independents. If you are a leftie and voted for Hillary, Obama, Clinton, etc...please move along.

Last president I voted for was Bush before Trump. I was stumping for Obama over Romney on social media but had no enthusiasm to bother voting for him. Would never vote for McCain , so again preferred Obama.

Independent I guess but I probably lean towards the devil I know which is Conservativism over say bestiality rights and laws protecting persecuted people who love chickens erotically as the most pressing social struggle of out times.

I think both the right and the left know nothing about economics. I think both of them frame arguments conveniently.

That said, used to be we would get a paved road from the Left out of going to hell. I have no idea what they are now.

So independent but not undecided at this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 04:16 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I am only interested in hearing if there are independents. If you are a leftie and voted for Hillary, Obama, Clinton, etc...please move along.
I'm an independent. I do believe in equal rights, the constitution and that America needs to stop being the world's police. I am against wars, globalism and big government.

So, I am socially liberal but fiscally conservative.

Old 10-06-2020, 04:17 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
I am non partisan. I have been a {R} a {D} supported and voted for Constitution party and the Libertarian party candidates in the past. I guess I am a RINO now as I am still registered as a {R} and for voting convenience will keep that way. IMO, both parties suck does that make me independent?

Old 10-06-2020, 04:18 PM

1,579 posts, read 949,600 times
I am independent. I vote across party lines all the time. When I vote for a person I look for someone with sound ideas that I agree with, if that person is likely to implement those ideas, and that person's character including trustworthiness and reliability. That said, there will never be a perfect candidate whose policies I agree with 100%, who will be able to deliver 100% of the time, and who is a saint.

This forum tends to be full of histrionics, so there is very little for me to participate in. But it's interesting to read this forum.

I've pretty much decided who I am voting for for President. I could vote on that now if I wanted to. But I still need to decide who I am voting for for US Senate, US House, and a variety of referendums and bonds that will be on my ballot.

Old 10-06-2020, 04:20 PM

284 posts, read 78,349 times
Independent. Voted for Team Red and Blue in the past.

I noticed that most policies under Team Blue favors the lower-class than middle class bracket.

Last edited by Beautiful DC; 10-06-2020 at 04:30 PM..

Old 10-06-2020, 04:22 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm most likely voting for an Independent this time. I can't not vote and I will not vote for another Democrat. And sorry, not voting for Trump either.
This is me. I'm voting for the Libertarian for the first time in my life. I have always voted for the Democratic presidential candidate in the past.

Old 10-06-2020, 04:27 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,805,058 times
Yep. Fiscal conservative and social liberal. Didn’t vote for Trump or Clinton in 2016, but voting Biden this time. Trump is a disgrace to the office of President. Not to mention a bigot, xenophobe and all around crappy human being.

Old 10-06-2020, 04:27 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
I have been an unaffiliated voter for decades and have voted both parties, including for Obama. Huge disappointment. Democrats are telling us exactly what they'll do if they gain the presidency and senate. They want to destroy America as we know it. I will never vote for another democrat again.

Old 10-06-2020, 04:32 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
I am an independent and lean Right.The Rino party is almost as bad as the liberal democrats but not quite. I am voting Trump and did so last time.

I believe in the Constitution, and saw our rights dwindling away when the globalists and both parties allowed it. I knew it was corrupt as hell .

I also voted for Ross Perot and saw him as I saw Trump. Someone who saw what I saw and that was what I wanted to vote for.. a vote for the American people and our country , not corrupt politicians that did nothing but promises and saw the Rinos moving far left .

Obama sealed it for me when I saw what he wanted. The transition of radical policies that did nothing for the people. The money went to the liberal globalists and both parties were bought off. So I am an independent because both parties were melding together in a very bad way. The Communist Chinese grew rich while we had extreme poverty across the nation. I saw it first hand as factories closed and towns rotted away and people were caught in a life of poverty.

Old 10-06-2020, 04:32 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,963,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I'm an independent. I do believe in equal rights, the constitution and that America needs to stop being the world's police. I am against wars, globalism and big government.

So, I am socially liberal but fiscally conservative.
Ditto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies