Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 04:33 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times

Advertisements

Independent here as well. I've voted both sides in the past. Voted third party last time but won't make that mistake again. I'm (hopefully) making my vote count this time as I feel it's a critical election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 04:47 PM

524 posts, read 246,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I am only interested in hearing if there are independents. If you are a leftie and voted for Hillary, Obama, Clinton, etc...please move along.
I guess that depends on if you mean independent or Independent? Although, I guess as a Green I’m persona non grata either way: an independent lefty

Old 10-06-2020, 05:36 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Turd Collector View Post
I guess that depends on if you mean independent or Independent? Although, I guess as a Green I’m persona non grata either way: an independent lefty
I don't really care if you are registered "Independent'. I am wondering if there are any people who are not party line Democrats or party line Republicans.

Old 10-06-2020, 05:42 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
I’ve never been a party line voter and always been independent. But I do think liberals have recently lost their collective minds and I do think Trump is doing a great job.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 10-06-2020, 05:58 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
I am only interested in hearing if there are independents. If you are a leftie and voted for Hillary, Obama, Clinton, etc...please move along.
I went Independent back in the early 90s. I've never been a Democrat nor a leftist. The left today is not like the liberals I used to know. What the mainstream Democratic party is now used to be the radical fringe left.

Not anymore. The Dems and the left now are a totally militant bunch. Willing to do anything to gain power and force their way of thinking on everyone. Disagreement with them warrants violence in the extreme. And they call themselves free thinkers.

Yet they feel the dogma espoused in higher education and the degrees they earned under it makes them omnipotent and beyond reproach. They are dangerous and must be defeated.

They WILL destroy the American way of life. Individualism is something they will not tolerate. For them all power must be consolidated and everyone firmly controlled.

They believe they know what is best for all of us and we must be made to acquiesce. By any and all means. As things are I see a fight coming. No matter who wins the election.

If power in both the senate and house and White House are voted away from them they will attempt a coup. If they win by election they will go plumb nuts and decree themselves as supreme power.

It doesn't matter who wins the election. An explosion is imminent. I hope I'm wrong. I truly do. But I don't think so.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:01 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
I'm a right leaning Independent. Have been for the last 28 years.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:04 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Yep. Fiscal conservative and social liberal. Didn’t vote for Trump or Clinton in 2016, but voting Biden this time. Trump is a disgrace to the office of President. Not to mention a bigot, xenophobe and all around crappy human being.

If you want to have an opinion based on hoaxes....its worse than just being wrong.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:06 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Independent who is sickened by our choice in candidates this election. We are a country of over 300 million people and this is our choice?

Old 10-06-2020, 06:10 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
Quote:
I don't really care if you are registered "Independent'. I am wondering if there are any people who are not party line Democrats or party line Republicans.
I think whether someone is registered independent is relevant but hardly determinative. I have been registered independent or unaffiliated (depending on what the particular state calls it) my whole life. In many states that means you give uopp being able to vote in the primary, so those that give that up may have more invested in being independent. That isn't the case where I live now, but it was when I lived in Florida and I believe the other states I've lived in as well.

The board isn't very friendly to independents. If you criticize Trump you are categorized as a crazy leftist. If you say something good about him or criticizing something on the left then you are categorized as a cultish rightwinger. I'm pretty sure I've seen some independents get labeled both by different posters within the same thread based on different comments.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:13 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
I consider myself a Libertarian. The religion aspect keeps me from registering as a Republican. I'm an agnostic Hindu and won't sell out like Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley did just to be accepted by the Republican party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies