Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 07:06 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
Yes, the goal is to have no hospitalizations. That isn't controversial. The problem is you pushing the narrative that he is referring to keeping the shutdown until there are 0. That isn't stated or implied.
How else would he obtain his goal other than a lockdown?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2020, 07:07 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
You seem to be struggling with a politician making an aspirational goal, and your objective still seems to be to misrepresent what was written. NJ is largely open today; it's been semi to mostly open for 3-4 months now. We've been open longer than we were closed. Calling the current state of play a lockdown is hyperbole.

Less than 50% of the U.S. adult population gets the flu vaccine in part because of misinformation, and flu vaccines are a moving target. COVID-19 isn't as complex to inoculate against as the pathogens that cause the flu, and vaccinating against COVID will almost certainly be more effective.

Lastly, there are a variety of ways to manage the pandemic in the later stages. Contact tracing, localized restrictions, indoor mask requirements all can serve to limit spread and knock down small clusters before they become big clusters.
I don't get the flu vaccine because of "mis-information". I don't get the flu vaccine because I never get the flu, I am healthy, and I don't want chemicals pumped into me that I don't need.

Old 10-07-2020, 07:33 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
How else would he obtain his goal other than a lockdown?
So, a "lockdown" is the one and only mitigation step available?

Old 10-07-2020, 07:44 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,254,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I don't get the flu vaccine because of "mis-information". I don't get the flu vaccine because I never get the flu, I am healthy, and I don't want chemicals pumped into me that I don't need.
FYI, you may be an asymptomatic carrier and spreader of the flu. Also, plenty of people claim health and immunity to the flu until one year it knocks their socks off. Lastly, I never said that YOU don't get the flu vaccine because of misinformation - just that many do not.

Old 10-07-2020, 07:47 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
You seem to be struggling with a politician making an aspirational goal, and your objective still seems to be to misrepresent what was written. NJ is largely open today; it's been semi to mostly open for 3-4 months now. We've been open longer than we were closed. Calling the current state of play a lockdown is hyperbole.

Less than 50% of the U.S. adult population gets the flu vaccine in part because of misinformation, and flu vaccines are a moving target. COVID-19 isn't as complex to inoculate against as the pathogens that cause the flu, and vaccinating against COVID will almost certainly be more effective.

Lastly, there are a variety of ways to manage the pandemic in the later stages. Contact tracing, localized restrictions, indoor mask requirements all can serve to limit spread and knock down small clusters before they become big clusters.
I'm sorry, but that is sooooo rich coming from someone stands and supports the media 100% when they are misrepresenting the president. Or when he is trying to be positive with his message. Hypocrite much?

Old 10-07-2020, 07:58 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,254,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I'm sorry, but that is sooooo rich coming from someone stands and supports the media 100% when they are misrepresenting the president. Or when he is trying to be positive with his message. Hypocrite much?
Are you talking about me or phil murphy? If the former, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 10-07-2020, 08:33 AM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Obviously, this "pandemic" has morphed into a political-tool.

Old 10-07-2020, 08:46 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
A noble goal but at what sacrifice?
More economic hardship, chaos, and uncertainty to put the blame on Trump. That's all.

Old 10-07-2020, 08:58 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
NJ Governor says the plan is to have zero Covid hospitalizaTions

What the NJ Gov. didn't say was how his plan was going to kill more people in his state than the China virus will in every state !!! I wonder why not ?

Old 10-07-2020, 09:04 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Quote:
FYI, you may be an asymptomatic carrier and spreader of the flu. Also, plenty of people claim health and immunity to the flu until one year it knocks their socks off. Lastly, I never said that YOU don't get the flu vaccine because of misinformation - just that many do not.
Well guess what......THAT'S LIFE!!!!!

Taking RISKS is a daily chore we ALL do EVERYDAY!!!

Enough with this chicken **** way of life!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies