Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2020, 01:48 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
This is the kind of thing that makes you guys sound completely nuts. You get each other so worked up over Trump until you don't think rationally anymore.

And I don't take the words of an ex-wife, to her lawyer during a divorce proceeding, very seriously. Didn't Ivana also claim he raped her, and then retracted it, saying, “That was all just the lawyers' talk”, she said, after having previously clarified she did not accuse him in “a literal or criminal sense”.

I put a lot more stock into the fact that his favorite child converted to Judaism and he has all Jewish grandchildren. It may surprise you to know that I grew up around the block from the Kushner family. They were well known in the neighborhood. They are not just regular Jews. They are serious, Orthodox Jews. My town has a private Jewish yeshiva (school), called The Joseph Kushner Hebrew Academy. No "Hitler" would allow his daughter to marry into this family.
And not merely ALLOW his daughter to marry into an Orthodox Jewish family, but welcome the SIL with open arms. You can tell how proud Trump is of Jared, and of course of Ivanka.

Beyond that, the antisemitism running through this thread, capped by the ridiculous Trump is Hitler remark, is so disgusting that I haven’t been able to respond. I do appreciate the posters who are condemning the Holocaust deniers.

Old 10-09-2020, 02:30 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Someone just started a new thread posting that the antisemite has been rehired, as per the recommendation of the (liberal) school board.

Old 10-09-2020, 02:34 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Well, Latson was rehired by the district on Wednesday, with a vote of 4-3 in favor, with most of those in favor simply trying to avoid costing the school district even MORE money with this man's lawsuits. The district has already spent 106K defending itself from him, and the school board members had no taste for wasting even more of the money.

The good news is, he won't be allowed back on a school campus. He will be working in the admin with "assessments", meaning compiling stats on campus test scores, teacher effectiveness based data he's given, etc.

Apparently this all began with a couple parents stating they wanted to opt their kids out of Holocaust curriculum because they don't believe it, and he didn't have the stones to say well, then, that's what homeschooling is for, bye. OR, maybe your student has such a high GPA that if he's given a zero for participation in the Holocaust unit, he'll still pass world history, so shoot for that goal.

For him to say it's not his job to tell parents what to believe, would he also agree with a parent who said they didn't want their kids to be involved in the part of Social Studies that taught that Obama had been president for 8 years?

Anyway, the good is that he won't soak the district for more money, nor will he be in a position to interact with children or parents again.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/...te/5915264002/

Old 10-09-2020, 07:00 PM

13,249 posts, read 7,308,440 times
I don't know why schools even ask parents about it what I would like to see is kids watch some of the survivor testimony that the USC Shoah foundation has compiled. Those really hit home how regular people who just like us mostly were kids at the time lost most of their family.

Old 10-09-2020, 07:53 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I don't know why schools even ask parents about it what I would like to see is kids watch some of the survivor testimony that the USC Shoah foundation has compiled. Those really hit home how regular people who just like us mostly were kids at the time lost most of their family.
Yeah really, parents pay for the schools and should have no say what their children are being told .

Old 10-09-2020, 08:55 PM

13,249 posts, read 7,308,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yeah really, parents pay for the schools and should have no say what their children are being told .
Parents can homeschool if they don't like what is being taught in public schools. It's a part of history no different then any other part.

Old 10-09-2020, 09:30 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
In an email exchange with a school parent, Latson had written in April 2018 that students could opt out of Holocaust lessons because "not everyone believes the Holocaust happened" and that as an educator he had "the role to be politically neutral."

100% correct! I don't want ANY teacher or educator in ANY role pushing their views on my children.
OK, the Holocaust has been extremely well documented. There is no question that it happened. Do you question Columbus’ three voyages to the New World? The outcome of the the Revolutionary War? The signing of the Treaty of Versailles?

Possibly you doubt we dropped atomic bombs on Japan at the end of WWII?

Come on.

Old 10-09-2020, 09:45 PM

1,768 posts, read 567,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Someone just started a new thread posting that the antisemite has been rehired, as per the recommendation of the (liberal) school board.
Your conservative Trump loving friends are the ones posting in this thread that he should be rehired and the Holocaust is maybe not real and only a matter of opinion, Rachel.

Old 10-09-2020, 09:57 PM

1,742 posts, read 959,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
In an email exchange with a school parent, Latson had written in April 2018 that students could opt out of Holocaust lessons because "not everyone believes the Holocaust happened" and that as an educator he had "the role to be politically neutral."

100% correct! I don't want ANY teacher or educator in ANY role pushing their views on my children.
Denying a fully documented historical fact is NOT “pushing their views”. It’s a denial of historical reality. And not just any historical reality, but an event of utmost importance. The people who deny the Holocaust are deeply anti-Semitic. For him to equivocate and try to accommodate holocaust deniers is inexcusable in any educator. He doesn’t belong in the school system.

Old 10-09-2020, 09:57 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Your conservative Trump loving friends are the ones posting in this thread that he should be rehired and the Holocaust is maybe not real and only a matter of opinion, Rachel.
yep. Sad to say Rachel doesn't see this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies