Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Harris 101 31.37%
Pence 221 68.63%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 07:58 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times

Advertisements

Camel Hairs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yes, because they have less obese people.

Obesity is a personal issue, we warned leftists to not get fat. Even if it affects your “positive body image and self love.”
Weird. Our leftist states are more skinny than the conservative states.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...-rate-by-state

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You cannot be serious. We know all of those statements have been proven time and a gain to have been false, that point is not even open for discussion.

However, if you do believe "Trump SAID ALL OF THOSE THINGS" please tell me so I can place you on ignore. It's impossible to have an intelligent discussion with anyone that purposely uninformed.
They don't want to because they choose not to. They just want to be spoon fed by CNN or whatever left wing source. Too lazy to research it for themselves.

Old 10-08-2020, 07:59 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,643,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Does she have any shame? Does she really think the voters are stupid? Following Goebbels rule of that if you repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth. Harris did it 4 times last night:

1. Repeats the "Very fine people on both sides" lie

2. Repeats the "Trump called soldiers suckers and losers" lie

3. Repeats the "Trump told us to inject bleach" lie

4. Repeats the "Trump refused to denounce white supremacy" lie.

If this moron feels its ok to say things like this as acceptable --then she and Biden have no business in the WH
Absolutely !

Old 10-08-2020, 08:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
There was a C-D poll about a couple of years ago that asked if posters (all of them, not just Democrats or Republicans) would prefer Trump or Pence as POTUS. I forget what the result of that was, but it would be interesting to have that poll done again, and see the results.

I personally would prefer Pence (although I am an agnostic and strongly pro-choice).
I agree.

BUT my LGBTQ friends are terrifed of Pence and what he would do for their quality of life.

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
There was a C-D poll about a couple of years ago that asked if posters (all of them, not just Democrats or Republicans) would prefer Trump or Pence as POTUS. I forget what the result of that was, but it would be interesting to have that poll done again, and see the results.

I personally would prefer Pence (although I am an agnostic and strongly pro-choice).

I agree. Too bad we cannot do a mix and match ticket. Biden and Pence are much more dignified and presidential than Trump and Harris.

494 posts, read 179,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You cannot be serious. We know all of those statements have been proven time and a gain to have been false, that point is not even open for discussion.

However, if you do believe "Trump SAID ALL OF THOSE THINGS" please tell me so I can place you on ignore. It's impossible to have an intelligent discussion with anyone that purposely uninformed.
Ok, let's go this route. Show me credible evidence that he never said those things. Not a tweet from some crackpot, not some right wing made up news site......true credible evidence. I watched the Covid briefing where he suggested maybe there is some way we can inject bleach/clorox into our bodies to knock out the virus right away. He did say there are fine people on both sides in relation to Charlottesville. He is on record calling McCain a loser for being captured and really all POW's. When given the opportunity during the 1st debate to denounce white supremacy and tell the groups to stand down he did not. What alternate reality are you living in.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:02 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,267,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Does she have any shame? Does she really think the voters are stupid? Following Goebbels rule of that if you repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth. Harris did it 4 times last night:

1. Repeats the "Very fine people on both sides" lie

2. Repeats the "Trump called soldiers suckers and losers" lie

3. Repeats the "Trump told us to inject bleach" lie

4. Repeats the "Trump refused to denounce white supremacy" lie.

If this moron feels its ok to say things like this as acceptable --then she and Biden have no business in the WH
The truth is, President Trump speaks in a way where no one really knows what he is saying. Which is why everything is open to interpretation. The reality is that list is much bigger.....and really paints a broad picture of this Presidency, which is you can't trust anything coming out of his mouth. A politician in true form.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:06 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Yeah, I was waiting to hear why she would release violent criminals, many arrested for abusing children. I don't understand how anyone could support that stance.
It's maddening, isn't it? Democrats are out in the streets protesting the disproportionate imprisonment of African-American men, and yet don't care or know, that Biden's 1994 crime bill put many of these very people away in prison for decades. Harris repeatedly and openly defied U.S. Supreme Court orders to reduce overcrowding in California prisons while serving as that state’s attorney general.

Meanwhile, trump signed police and Prison Reform, something Obama/Biden always promised on the campaign trail, but never bothered to actually do. and yet Biden voters probably think it's Harris/Biden who are the police and prison reform candidates.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:08 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
Ok, let's go this route. Show me credible evidence that he never said those things. Not a tweet from some crackpot, not some right wing made up news site......true credible evidence. I watched the Covid briefing where he suggested maybe there is some way we can inject bleach/clorox into our bodies to knock out the virus right away. He did say there are fine people on both sides in relation to Charlottesville. He is on record calling McCain a loser for being captured and really all POW's. When given the opportunity during the 1st debate to denounce white supremacy and tell the groups to stand down he did not. What alternate reality are you living in.
What you saw was an abbreviated version of what he said, not everything. You're probably judging it based on a clip on CNN. Do your own research for the full videos, only then you can make a informed decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies