Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Harris 101 31.37%
Pence 221 68.63%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 10:39 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,890,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I don't think Gore was very likable, he has a very strange way of speaking, and is very snob-like.
I agree, Gore sounded condescending and like you said very snobby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2020, 10:46 AM

2,630 posts, read 2,650,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I don't think Gore was very likable, he has a very strange way of speaking, and is very snob-like.
You might be right about it. I'm not sure. It was 20 years ago and I was a Democrat, so I may be showing some bias.

Old 10-09-2020, 10:49 AM

58,512 posts, read 26,813,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Palin is likable, and while many don’t like Hillary, I do see the appeal. Tulsi Gabbard is likable by Democrats and Republicans alike, even though she comes across as tough.

The same goes for men, Obama was likable, so was Bush and Gore. Cheney was most certainly not. The left plays some weird gender/racial games. Cheney was called an evil puppet master, so playing this game that everyone is so nice to every man no matter their personality is just ridiculous. Mitch McConnell is shown such respect by liberals because he’s a man? Yeah right.

Harris sneered, sarcastically cackled, and shook her head with a strange grin on her face. She also interrupted Pence during the debate, just like he did to her. When Pence caught her in outright lies, she would grin, laugh, and shake her head rather than answer the question. You have to wonder if she realized she was on a split screen, so the childish gestures were on full display.

While there are plenty of people who have won political office without being that likable, most didn’t pretend they were and they had other strengths/qualities. Condoleezza Rice came off smart and determined, she didn’t pretend to be popular in the way Harris does.

We just played this game with Harris not long ago. In the primaries she snickered, sneered, and shook her head, giving off a vibe of deception. I got the feeling she would literally say anything she could, whether she believed it or not, in order to advance. Yet, the media and white liberals went wild about her even as her poll numbers were tanking. Now liberals are playing the same game, pretending that people like Harris. Since liberals focus on race and gender in everything they do, they seem baffled that people aren’t in love with a black Indian Jamaican woman, though black Democrats didn’t even like her.

If Democrats had chosen Tulsi as the VP candidate, half the Republican Party would have voted for Biden. Yet, they are pandering to white progressives who are into identity politics, which Kamala is a champion of. Now white liberals are pretending that all the snickering, grinning, and sneering on camera is just fine, in fact, people love it, just like they did in the primaries. People who don’t like it must be misogynists.

Yes, Trump does childish behaviors himself, which the left attacks. How can that be, since he is a man and nobody attacks men in this way? The difference is Trump has charisma, sticks to his beliefs instead of saying whatever will get him elected, and he injects actual humor when he talks. He doesn’t just do random evil cackles to pretend he said something funny.
"If Democrats had chosen Tulsi as the VP candidate, half the Republican Party would have voted for Biden." Only in your dreams.

Old 10-09-2020, 10:50 AM

58,512 posts, read 26,813,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
According to https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...p-debate-poll/ Pence ended up with the same net favorability numbers he had before: -14.

While Harris's net favorability increased to +10.

Since the point of the whole debate is to improve what people think of you, looks like Pence didn't move the needle and Harris did.

Wonder if they took into account McGowdog's local radio station poll?
"Wonder if they took into account" project 538 is OWNED by ABC?

Old 10-09-2020, 11:41 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,783,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
They know she got stomped in the debate, so they go back to their race and sex claims. They talk about that and the fly because they know how bad it was for them.
Stop being silly .. you're quite wise I've seen your work throughout C-D.

The pair of candidates were equally henious participants!

Neither Presidential candidates nor their running mates proved worthy to lead their way out of their geriatric fruit cups.

Each candidate's display can be surmised as one Soup Sandwich; completely sloppy.

Old 10-09-2020, 12:14 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,174,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post

Neither Presidential candidates nor their running mates proved worthy to lead their way out of their geriatric fruit cups.

Each candidate's display can be surmised as one Soup Sandwich; completely sloppy.
That is not at all how I saw it!!!!

Old 10-09-2020, 12:37 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,783,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That is not at all how I saw it!!!!
Very well.

Old 10-09-2020, 01:02 PM

36,911 posts, read 18,784,152 times
Quote:

Exactly. Neither side had any breakthrough moments. That said, Kamala's job was to Do No Harm, and Pence's was to entice all the loose voters into the GOP tent. In that, she held her position, and Pence didn't move the needle.

In that sense, she won the debate because she succeeded in achieving her objective.

Old 10-09-2020, 01:05 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,091,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Exactly. Neither side had any breakthrough moments. That said, Kamala's job was to Do No Harm, and Pence's was to entice all the loose voters into the GOP tent. In that, she held her position, and Pence didn't move the needle.

In that sense, she won the debate because she succeeded in achieving her objective.
Objective achieved. Allow Harris, in her own words and expression, to show America how ignorant and inexperienced she is. How about her attempt to rewrite history using Honest Abe? That didn't work out so well. And how did she answer the very last question? "I'm so very proud of you. You are our future. So go out and vote for Biden and me."

Last edited by FC76-81; 10-09-2020 at 01:14 PM..

Old 10-09-2020, 03:00 PM
bu2

23,872 posts, read 14,652,785 times
Quote:

Well you are 3/4 right. 3 of the 4 looked pretty bad.

Pence looked very good. He did avoid a couple difficult questions, but overall very good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies