Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Harris 101 31.37%
Pence 221 68.63%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 06:40 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeNH4FzfSHI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2020, 07:52 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Kamala Harris has the same problem Hillary had when she began....People did not like her.

This is it in a nutshell. There is something about Harris that A LOT of people find extremely unlikable.

It showed up in the Democrat primary, as her campaign was DOA after Tulsi Gabbard gutted her like the flip-flopping fish she is.

Politicians are often ugly on the inside, and Kamala Harris is certainly no exception.

Old 10-09-2020, 08:03 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,675,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Pence isn't liked in his home state. The students didn't want to hear Pence kiss Donald Trump's azz again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5O7w43iK7w
Ah yes, because those who come out to vote in Indiana, or any other state, are largely 21-22 year old college students. Such wisdom, such influence, such power! If we could all be as wise as the current crop of 22 year olds. Raised in tough times as they were, and very much like the generations before who went off to defend our freedom on a battlefield, these sages had to master disciplines such as the iPhone and engage the enemy in the modern battlefield known as Twitter. I guess I know who I'm voting for now...

Old 10-09-2020, 08:11 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,675,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Likeable? What is this "likeable? It's an extremely vague term usually used in a veiled sexist context (even though you mentioned guys) and what it really means is, "I'm threatened by her in some way but I can't justify my feelings so I'll just call her unlikeable so I don't sound like I'm sexist." Even if the term likeable weren't sexist, I don't need to like a politician. I'm not hiring my best friend. I'm hiring them to do a job, to work for me. I don't care if they never smile. I do care that they have three brain cells to clink together. I don't like Harris or Pence. I don't have to. Harris has a couple billion neurons on Pence so she and Biden have my vote.
The problem is Harris has no other qualities. She's not smart, she's not skilled, she's not professional. Like I said, I don't care if she's likable or not, but she has to have some kind of positive quality and she has none. I don't count race or gender as either positive or negative qualities.

Old 10-09-2020, 08:53 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,791,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Ah yes, because those who come out to vote in Indiana, or any other state, are largely 21-22 year old college students. Such wisdom, such influence, such power! If we could all be as wise as the current crop of 22 year olds. Raised in tough times as they were, and very much like the generations before who went off to defend our freedom on a battlefield, these sages had to master disciplines such as the iPhone and engage the enemy in the modern battlefield known as Twitter. I guess I know who I'm voting for now...
Admittedly, I'm not too far removed from said category of the brilliant minds you have so eloquently described above. I'm not a proponent of geriatric candidates nor out-dated politics. We have spent centuries utilizing the once fruitful template of bureaucratic leadership and politics.

Modern times thirst for contemporary leadership, critical-thinkers and youthful intestinal fortitude.

I appreciate the service and dedication from previous officials albeit- it's time 90% of Congress enjoy bocce ball and world travels.

Old 10-10-2020, 12:32 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Kamala has about as much "charisma" as a sewer treatment plant.
But you'd sure miss that sewer treatment plant after a few days.

Competence is far more important than charisma.

Old 10-10-2020, 12:39 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
He can wear his mask and do "social distancing".

It's no more "sensible and practical" than at any other time.
It's still the same risk.

He "agreed" because it's an easy way out for him.
He won't have to face Trump on his own.

Trump wants to stick to the agreed upon rules.
When Democrats see themselves losing, they always want to change the rules.

And speaking of "flies":
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-survived.html

You do understand that masks are worn primarily to protect other people rather than the wearer, don't you?

Biden said he would debate in person, or virtually, or just show up by himself and answer questions from the moderators or audience. You can't get much more accommodating than that.

Meanwhile, the steroid-addled Trump is changing positions and contradicting himself every half hour, it appears: "Pass the Covid relief bill? Sure! Let's give them more! No! Wait until after the election! Yes, let's do it right now, forget going through Congress!" . His zig-zagging re the debate was comparable.

The man is not right in his head, even for Trump. He's been on a manic spree since he was released from the hospital - just compare the rate at which his words tumble out with his usual speech. Watch the accordioning hands - they look like they're playing "The Flight of the Bumblebee" (or maybe the Fly). He's Trumped-up beyond the usual Trumpishness. Even Junior saw that something wasn't right, though his siblings quashed that quickly and no one seems to be willing to try to persuade Trump to slow down.

He's Tweeting a mile a minute - 100 sent out a few nights ago; when does he sleep? - or does he sleep...?

My prediction is that Trump is going to crash in a few days - crash hard, and it won't be pretty. Unless whatever witch's brew of meds he was given really are miracle drugs when combined, which I sincerely hope was the case. However, even if Trump is oblivious to his current state, it's certain others are not. I am sure Vladimir Putin is watching closely.

BTW, how's Melania getting along? Has Trump even mentioned her since he "recovered"?

Old 10-11-2020, 08:57 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,647,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
You do understand that masks are worn primarily to protect other people rather than the wearer, don't you?

Biden said he would debate in person, or virtually, or just show up by himself and answer questions from the moderators or audience. You can't get much more accommodating than that.

Meanwhile, the steroid-addled Trump is changing positions and contradicting himself every half hour, it appears: "Pass the Covid relief bill? Sure! Let's give them more! No! Wait until after the election! Yes, let's do it right now, forget going through Congress!" . His zig-zagging re the debate was comparable.

The man is not right in his head, even for Trump. He's been on a manic spree since he was released from the hospital - just compare the rate at which his words tumble out with his usual speech. Watch the accordioning hands - they look like they're playing "The Flight of the Bumblebee" (or maybe the Fly). He's Trumped-up beyond the usual Trumpishness. Even Junior saw that something wasn't right, though his siblings quashed that quickly and no one seems to be willing to try to persuade Trump to slow down.

He's Tweeting a mile a minute - 100 sent out a few nights ago; when does he sleep? - or does he sleep...?

My prediction is that Trump is going to crash in a few days - crash hard, and it won't be pretty. Unless whatever witch's brew of meds he was given really are miracle drugs when combined, which I sincerely hope was the case. However, even if Trump is oblivious to his current state, it's certain others are not. I am sure Vladimir Putin is watching closely.

BTW, how's Melania getting along? Has Trump even mentioned her since he "recovered"?
How can he be a serious president when he's tweeting all day? He must spend near zero time actually studying the issues and trying to work things out for the American people.

Good point, no word of Melania. Strange.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:06 AM

3,642 posts, read 1,596,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
The problem is Harris has no other qualities. She's not smart, she's not skilled, she's not professional. Like I said, I don't care if she's likable or not, but she has to have some kind of positive quality and she has none. I don't count race or gender as either positive or negative qualities.

You don't have to be smart, skilled, or professional to get votes. Trump is now running against Harris as his larger threat. He knows that. That's why he called her a monster next day after vp debate. He has to take her down and deflect any major media attention she gets.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:46 AM

1,449 posts, read 1,145,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
You don't have to be smart, skilled, or professional to get votes. Trump is now running against Harris as his larger threat. He knows that. That's why he called her a monster next day after vp debate. He has to take her down and deflect any major media attention she gets.
I agree with the bolded/underlined part. He really is. That's why it's important for people to realize that, if they vote for Biden, they are really voting to have Harris be POTUS. How can that not scare the crap out of everyone? You may like Harris or think she's got some positive qualities, but really, is she capable of representing the USA on the world stage? Just as in business, the person you like best isn't always the best person for the job; sometimes it's the complete d*%Khead you despise on a personal level that really is the best person for that particular job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies