Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 10:18 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times

Advertisements

The reason I ask is because I live in Trumpville, and I’m seeing far more Biden/Harris signs than I am Trump/Pence signage. I’m not saying that the area will go to Biden, just saying there seems to be a decided lack of enthusiasm for publicly supporting Trump.

What I really found surprising is I’ve visited a few apple orchards in the country recently and driving in all directions in these rural areas there were as many Biden signs as there were Trump signs.

Old 10-09-2020, 10:27 AM

2,707 posts, read 1,034,438 times
All Trump except for a few state senate signs for some crazy democrat I actually looked up because I didn't know who she was and literally TWO Biden signs the democrat party put up. ALL the rest are Trump signs and flags and bumper stickers etc etc.

Old 10-09-2020, 10:29 AM

317 posts, read 239,384 times
2 Biden signs and few local races

Old 10-09-2020, 10:32 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
My county is pretty red. The big farms and businesses have big signs for down ballot Republicans, usually placed close to an intersection. In the small town neighborhoods one sees smaller signs, mostly (but not all) for Democrats, a house or two on each block.

Then there is the occasional Trumpie house near the main road full of banners and flags and big Trump signs, it looks kind of crazy. It's like they are over-compensating. Sometimes it is the most rundown house on the road (which is very noticeable), but not always. Interestingly they don't seem to care much about the down ballot races in these exuberant Trump families, not much of that kind of signage on those properties.

My county has been dominated by Republicans since the Civil War, it's like a one-party county. Many spots on the ballot have no Democrat running, they can't get a full slate together here. Interestingly, voter participation hovers around 20% here ... for decades. I attribute that to discouragement, people don't feel that their vote can have an impact so they don't bother, and the same old clique gets elected over and over again.

Old 10-09-2020, 10:47 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,968,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
My county is pretty red. The big farms and businesses have big signs for down ballot Republicans, usually placed close to an intersection. In the small town neighborhoods one sees smaller signs, mostly (but not all) for Democrats, a house or two on each block.

Then there is the occasional Trumpie house near the main road full of banners and flags and big Trump signs, it looks kind of crazy. It's like they are over-compensating. Sometimes it is the most rundown house on the road (which is very noticeable), but not always. Interestingly they don't seem to care much about the down ballot races in these exuberant Trump families, not much of that kind of signage on those properties.

My county has been dominated by Republicans since the Civil War, it's like a one-party county. Many spots on the ballot have no Democrat running, they can't get a full slate together here. Interestingly, voter participation hovers around 20% here ... for decades. I attribute that to discouragement, people don't feel that their vote can have an impact so they don't bother, and the same old clique gets elected over and over again.
They know they stand the change of getting vandalized by the violent left this year.

"Trump" signs are like a red flag for a bull in the ring for these violent leftist groups this year.

2.1 billion in damage this year is no joke!

Old 10-09-2020, 10:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The reason I ask is because I live in Trumpville, and I’m seeing far more Biden/Harris signs than I am Trump/Pence signage. I’m not saying that the area will go to Biden, just saying there seems to be a decided lack of enthusiasm for publicly supporting Trump.

What I really found surprising is I’ve visited a few apple orchards in the country recently and driving in all directions in these rural areas there were as many Biden signs as there were Trump signs.
I hardly think of anywhere in IL as being Trumpville; I doubt that many do. As of here, the signs and flages are running, probably 50 to 1 Trump, maybe even more so. I have only seen 4 Biden signs and they were all in a row with the exception of one. Add to that, remember, no matter which side you are on, some people do not choose to put signs in their front yard. This goes for both sides, same as bumper stickers; there used to me lots of bumper stickers but I have noticed this year almost none.

Oh and I just thought I would bring this up: your's is the 3rd thread on the same topic. Did you think you would get a different breakdown?

Old 10-09-2020, 11:06 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,567,247 times
How many threads on this topic do we need?

Old 10-09-2020, 11:14 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,701,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

I live in a very red suburb in a red state (South Carolina). In 2008, 2012, and 2016 I remember seeing a few lone Obama signs in a sea of red McCain, Romney and Trump signs. That's both out on public roads and private neighborhoods. I'd say the blue signs are overtaking the red signs, but not by much.

For the record, I don't think more signs on personal property directly relates to more votes. It just means that individual is publicizing their voting preference. But I do wonder if there are more Democrats in SC thinking of voting this time around than previous elections. I guess we shall see how tight the margin is with Trump/Biden and Graham/Harrison.

I live in a congressional district that saw its first Democrat elected since 1981. If this district has moved left, it is possible some of the state has too. Or maybe Democrats will come out of the woodwork in 2020. I guess we will find out in a few weeks.

Old 10-09-2020, 11:42 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
How many threads on this topic do we need?
I know... If the OP really wanted to know...

Old 10-09-2020, 12:39 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I hardly think of anywhere in IL as being Trumpville; I doubt that many do.

Oh and I just thought I would bring this up: your's is the 3rd thread on the same topic. Did you think you would get a different breakdown?
Why? Do you mistakenly believe that Central Illinois votes like Chicago? You'd be mistaken, my district is graded R+15, which means that this district is 15 percentage points higher than the Republican average. Furthermore, it has been over a century since this district has sent a Democrat to Congress. Whoever the Republican is running for Congress is a lock to win, Democrats spend almost no money campaigning here.

I did not see any other threads on this topic, mods are free to merge this into an existing thread. It would seem that the mere mention of this topic has caused consternation amongst Trump supporters, as evidenced by the comments above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies