Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 01:25 PM

301 posts, read 183,040 times

Advertisements

Violence is definitely coming before, during and after the election. This country is so divided that violence may be the only way to settle this. Hoping I am wrong, but this is 2020 so nothing is off the table.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2020, 01:27 PM

2,400 posts, read 754,330 times
It will be wars over Conservatives win before you can turn around.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:29 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
If that’s what the majority believes, then the majority are mindless idiots. Or they actually relish the thought of fighting and divisiveness. Not sure which is more disturbing.

2,400 posts, read 754,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
A war with Russia would be the last war these 2 countries would ever have...

Sticks and stones and all that noise...
I disagree, it will be fought in someone else’s country and no nukes will be used. The challenge for the US is to not embarrass them but win our objectives.

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
There will definitely be violence but not civil war. If Biden is declared the winner there will be "celebration" violence at first and then perpetual violence as his people demand that he appease them more and more. If Trump wins, there will be "protest" violence, but he will put a stop to it quickly, so long as the governors allow him.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 10-07-2020, 01:38 PM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't believe that at all. It is just the trouble that the Dems have stirred up as a pre-election try to make Trump look bad. Except for a deviant few, everyone else is just living their lives as usual.
For the umpteenth time, Trump doesn't need anybody to make him look bad. He can do that all by himself and does every day. This last Covid episode is icing on the cake. He hasn't recovered from the debate debacle and then goes bonkers with his Covid tantrums. He is his own worst enemy. Anyone who has been around mentally ill people recognizes the behavior.

The deviant few that you mention are helped along by the extremist and divisive efforts of the Russian trolls. Their efforts are amplified and re-posted by unwitting members on this forum and on other social media sites to the point that people really think there is some truth to it. We see media reports over and over of gun-toting morons dressed up in makeshift military garb and the mindless looter opportunists breaking into businesses. It is not happening everywhere but some folks think it is.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:40 PM

16,552 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Well, from someone who believes in the constitution, the republic, a “moderated” democracy, my beef is that the left (aka democrats) want to undo all of that. Their own platform says so. They are 100% for globalism and the watering down of America’s success. Why on earth they feel this way, I have no idea. America is one of the he greatest countries on earth and people from all over the world wish to come here. Why would they want to ruin that?

All that said, I don’t want to war with anyone. War is hard and bloody. However, if the left pushes Marxism on us we might not have a choice. Live free or die hard. I would die before I became a slave to anyone including the government.
Well said!

`

Old 10-07-2020, 01:43 PM

2,982 posts, read 1,164,508 times
Well if there's war the OP side will lose very badly!!

Old 10-07-2020, 01:47 PM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Invading the US isn't a goal. That would of course immediately unite everyone against them.

What Russia wants is a non-interference pact and a distracted US that allows them to openly engage in actions to prevent Ukraine and Georgia from joining NATO.
Funny thing: I dont want more members of NATO. Too many as it is but what is done is done. I would have stopped at the 1999 admissions.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Meh..a majority of Americans also believe in God. Shrug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies