Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 10:43 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I don't feel called out. I think they are supporting a narrative that is dangerous and unproductive: that cops routinely kill black men for no reason because they are racist.

It's not an issue anywhere near the proportion it has been played out to be, and isn't nearly the issue that crime and violence and a myriad of other things are which negatively effect blacks. So the reaction to it I have is that it is a bunch of men who are in denial about the truth, as much as they think I am. But the numbers are on my side, not theirs. They have emotion and 400 years of pent up resentment and rage that some feel is justified in expressing, and they are expressing it by raging about cops and making sure everyone knows they think this is the biggest issue they face, ignoring all the much more significant problems....because it's easy to be angry at someone else and flip your finger up at authority.
My response would not be a call out to you per se, as you have made a clear point via your original post. The aforementioned 80% would be my intended audience. The professional players music choice was odd.

Moving forward I wouldn't consider their rage or mistrust displaced; this figurative middle finger to authority appears reciprocated from one oftentimes cast in their directions.

Consider the outpour of rage spewed at their community when it is believed one or a few of them have injured or harmed someone in our communities.

We want blood, we call Congress, the press paints a picture, media etc and unfortunately due to the middle-finger cast in their direction over eons; we have the positions and authority to steamroll their efforts and liberties.

Heck a few decades removed men would be hanged or beyound for mere allegations based upon our neaderTHUG mentality yet, we have the audacity to point and shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 10:52 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
My response would not be a call out to you per se, as you have made a clear point via your original post. The aforementioned 80% would be my intended audience. The professional players music choice was odd.

Moving forward I wouldn't consider their rage or distrust displaced; this figurative middle finger to authority appears reciprocated from one oftentimes cast in their directions.

Consider the outpour of rage spewed at their community when it is believed one or a few of them have injured or harmed someone in our communities.

We want blood, we call Congress, the press paints a picture, media etc and unfortunately due to the middle-finger cast in their direction over eons; we have the positions and authority to steamroll their efforts and liberties.

Heck a few decades removed men would be hanged or beyound for mere allegations based upon our neaderTHUG mentality yet, we have the audacity to point and shame.
Again, you ignore the main issue that has spurred all this: The belief that cops kill black men for veritable sport and for no reason. It's false, but it seems you believe it's ok to have that false belief, because we are a few decades removed from bad things and therefore it's understandable.

It's irrational, dangerous and not good for black people, except maybe for those who are already criminals.

Old 10-08-2020, 10:54 AM

10,757 posts, read 4,344,063 times
BLM will be dead silent whenever Democrats get in the White House.
Obama kept BLM under his thumb.
Its like when Saddam kept ISIS in the shadows.

Old 10-08-2020, 10:56 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
When or if the NFL,NBA etc will EVER learn people watch sports to ESCAPE politics and controversy! They don't want that crap there!
You basketball players get back to work on the plantation, I don’t care about what happens to you!

I need my escape from reality.

Old 10-08-2020, 12:06 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Again, you ignore the main issue that has spurred all this: The belief that cops kill black men for veritable sport and for no reason. It's false, but it seems you believe it's ok to have that false belief, because we are a few decades removed from bad things and therefore it's understandable.

It's irrational, dangerous and not good for black people, except maybe for those who are already criminals.
I believe the "BLM" means just that. Their lives matter equally as your life and every human breathing.*

Could they believe law enforcement target them for sport, quite probable albeit it's* common knowledge they've been subject of targeting via procedure and policy. (Traffic, stop and search, etc)

The point that you're missing is the reason behind the mistrust and recognizing their plight.

S/N: We have a larger drug problem in our European American communities and* haven't heard much about the crackwhore white mothers, exploited neighborhoods with massive story lines of their conditions or poor education. Futhermore how often have shootings in one of thee copius drug infested raided* white neighborhoods concluded with the death of a mother or I thought he was reaching for a gun scenario?

You may be absolutely correct law enforcement are not killing black civilians for sport and I want you to understand their movement doesnt appear absolutely perpetuated by a false narrative.

As you take the time to actually listen; you shall realize..Their concerns are real. Yes- some in the movement behave moronic.

if you cant see that my good fellow; you echo the very problem of modern day America

Last edited by SPECFRCE; 10-08-2020 at 12:29 PM..

Old 10-08-2020, 12:20 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
https://www.theblaze.com/news/nba-to...medium=twitter

Seeing your ratings crash and burn makes ya wake up eh!? I still won't watch, I have no interest in it.
MANY fans will still NOT return. Just like football.

As my mother used to say, "you made your bed, now lie in it!

Old 10-08-2020, 06:32 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,862,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
MANY fans will still NOT return. Just like football.
Good. The less racist fans we have watching sports & going to games the better. Out with the old crop & in with the new. I'm sure the players are glad too.

Old 10-08-2020, 06:52 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
Quite hilarious as the NBA products make a fraction of the Chinese market.
I can't tell what you are saying here.

However, China brings in $500 million (about 10%) in revenue for the NBA, which was enough to make the NBA tip toe around any criticism of China's oppression.

It is expected that China will account for 20% of the revenue by 2030.

They are risking losing people who don't want politics in sports. I watch sports to temporarily escape from reality for a moment, not to be lectured to with divisive and inaccurate rhetoric that is arguably making police afraid to do their job and getting more black lives killed.

Old 10-08-2020, 06:55 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,196,836 times
Default NBA says they will leave social justice messages off the floor

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nba-p...stice-messages

NBA players appear to fall in line as Adam Silver says social justice messages will 'largely be left to be delivered off the floor Because when you lose viewers you lose money. Wow so they only care about social messages a long as they are making money hmmm

Old 10-08-2020, 07:02 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,098 times
Too little too late, losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies