Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2020, 10:34 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
This is one of the arrested militiaman

Would a right winger Trump supporter says this?

"Trump is not your friend. Trump is a tyrant"

https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/st...659545088?s=09
No, of course not. A right-winger might say he is not your friend. But no one on the right thinks he's a tyrant.

Old 10-09-2020, 10:38 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
They are far-right extremists with ties to both Qanon and White Supremacist groups.
There are no white supremacist groups, and it is impossible to "have ties to" Qanon. Qanon is a fictional character who, being fictional, DOES NOT EXIST.

Old 10-10-2020, 06:43 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't have anything to compare to some so called militia planning a kidnapping of a governor, help me out. I thought their takeover of the capital in March was bad but at least it was peaceful.
While some of those guys at the capitol were probably militia members - that wasn't necessarily a "militia" protest, much more just your run of the mill MI rednecks.

Old 10-10-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
This is one of the arrested militiaman

Would a right winger Trump supporter says this?

"Trump is not your friend. Trump is a tyrant"

https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/st...659545088?s=09

Fits perfectly with the far-right anarchist leanings of many, MANY militias. We see a lot of Antifa types putting "don't tread on me" collars on their pets like Fox?

Old 10-10-2020, 07:59 AM

14,226 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Fits perfectly with the far-right anarchist leanings of many, MANY militias. We see a lot of Antifa types putting "don't tread on me" collars on their pets like Fox?
Anarchist is a right wing trump supporters? That is new to me.

Aren't these the same idiots trying to establish their fail CHOP/CHAZ zone in Seattle a few months ago?

Old 10-10-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:

Aren't these the same idiots trying to establish their fail CHOP/CHAZ zone in Seattle a few months ago?
Anarchy isn't necessarily right/left. I never said "Trump supporter", did I?

The Michigan militia groups are not left-wing, period. They are certainly not, as a group, fans of the CHOP/CHAZ wingnuts, either. There are certainly Venn diagram overlaps where anarchy or anti-government but that doesn't automatically extend to left/right agreement or similarity.

Also anti-government obviously translates to being anti-Trump since he's the chief executive, that anti-Trump sentiment doesn't equate to being left-wing.

Anarchy can be either left or right, or in the middle of that spectrum:

Last edited by hooligan; 10-10-2020 at 08:23 AM..

Old 10-10-2020, 08:11 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:

Yes.

Old 10-10-2020, 08:20 AM

1,514 posts, read 890,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
I don't understand the constant comparison between BLM and these guys. Is this some sort of competition? Is someone keeping score?

There seems to be the undertone that since they have not done anywhere near the amount of physical damage as the BLM crowd that they are not as dangerous.
Bingo!

Lots of deflection from Conservatives on in this thread.

Not one Conservative of the "law and order" tribe is coming outright to condemn this group of criminals - in this case armed men conspiring to commit a kidnapping and murder of a liberal governor.

Old 10-10-2020, 08:22 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,135,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The FBI has been saying for some time that wacky right wing militia groups are one of the biggest threats for domestic terrorism that the US faces.

We will have to keep a close eye on these people if Trump tries to activate more of them to commit violence.
They are not a right wing. They are anarchist.

Old 10-10-2020, 08:24 AM

1,514 posts, read 890,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Do you have proof of people supporting these idiots on here. I haven't seen it. You say you have, can you provide links?
You did not condemn the armed group of gun toting men who conspired to kidnap and kill a liberal governor / criminal activity. You just said they are idiots. Yes, they are idiots. I agree with you on that. They are also criminals. Any criminal who commits a crime should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

I am not going to do your work for you. All I can say is go back and re-read through the threads. I'll give you a hint and a head start though. I quoted a few members in the post and said the FBI should keep an eye on them.

These extremist militia groups are being emboldened by our Dear Leader. This is the direction Trump is taking us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies