Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Biden/Harris’s refusal to answer the court packing question influence your willingness to vote
It doesn’t matter, my mind is made up to vote Biden. 32 24.62%
It doesn’t matter, my mind is made up to vote Trump. 70 53.85%
It doesn’t matter, my mind is made up to vote 3rd Party. 4 3.08%
I am not firm in who I want to vote for but I absolutely can not vote Biden if he won’t answer. 15 11.54%
It could sway me to vote for Trump or a 3rd Party candidate, even though I’d prefer to vote Biden 1 0.77%
I don’t like it, but I’m not sure if ultimately it will influence my vote. 1 0.77%
I want them to pack the court so it doesn’t matter 7 5.38%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 07:49 PM

18,431 posts, read 15,184,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Oh, really, which Supreme Court seats did Obama fill that were held hostage in the previous administration and not be filled by the duly elected president close to a year before Election Day? And which one did they attempt to shove through the process while people were already voting to determine who the next president will be?
Oh. This is what you were talking about when you said the GOP was court packing? I thought you were using the same stupid thing Kamala was talking about last night with the lower courts.

This isn't court packing. And the answer to this isn't ACTUAL court packing. The answer to this is to block a GOP nominee the next time the democrats hold the senate in an election year. That would be apples to apples.

Quote:
hey, I actually think I have a right to know whether Donald Trump is currently still testing positive for COVID-19, as well as when he last tested negative prior to the public release of his positive diagnosis.

I think I have a right to know if Mike Pence and Donald Trump have discussed succession planning or when it might be appropriate for a 74 year old sick with a deadly disease to potentially transition governing authority on a temporary basis.
You do realize Kamala ducked that same question, don't you?

And as long as we are discarding HIPAA regulations for Trump, I think I have a right to know Joe Biden's medication list. Is Aricept on the list? How about other drugs used to treat dementia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 07:49 PM

20,112 posts, read 16,089,167 times
Quote:
Not nearly as much as the court packing the GOP has already been doing. And anyone who lies and says that's not happening should have their vote stripped. Vote for whoever you want, but own what they do.

oh and btw, I think it's more likely that Biden doesn't want to add justices to SCOTUS but is worried that is an unpopular position among those who will actually vote for him, as opposed to the GOPers who were of course never ever going to vote for him but are desperate to create some kind of bogus issue to try to distract from the sick lunatic in the White House right now
Let’s at least get the terminology right....

McConnell and Trump have STACKED THE COURT - which means they have filled vacancies of established judicial positions with conservative judges at a breakneck speed. The Democrats want to PACK THE COURT - which means they want to create new judicial positions where none have existed before so they can stick in progressive judges. The last time this nation had more than nine justices (there were 10) was during Andrew Jackson’s presidency, then it went down to seven and stayed at that number until Grant took office after the Civil War and increased it to its current nine justices. So, for 150 years we have had nine justices and you want to change it because your team isn’t the ones doing the selecting.

The Democrats might want to be careful. This is an issue that could wake a sleeping giant and doing that is one of the ways nations get destroyed.

Old 10-08-2020, 07:52 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,386,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
This is an issue that could wake a sleeping giant and doing that is one of the ways nations get destroyed.
Nah, this is actually an issue (court appointments) that has consistently not polled very high on voters top issues.

Civil war over this seems unlikely.

We're a closely divided nation. Asking us to be governed by a 2/3 majority con court was simply a non-starter. I'm sorry.

Old 10-08-2020, 07:53 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,843,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
100% low information baloney. Looney Tunes dude.

Considering your disposition toward gay people, I bet you were a fan of the Westboro Baptist Church.

The Supreme Court ruled to uphold free speech for them I think unanimously, or maybe it was 8-1.

Point is, the SCOTUS has broadly ruled for free speech even when some groups find it objectionable. That's not something the court sees through a political lens.

And besides, you still have 6 conservatives for life. It will be either 5 or 7 liberals at most.
We only have really 2-3 conservatives and 2 that swing vote. No one knows for sure about ACB. If Kamala packs on even 2 or 4 or more liberal Justices it's going to be liberal decisions.

Old 10-08-2020, 07:57 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,122,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Oh. This is what you were talking about when you said the GOP was court packing? I thought you were using the same stupid thing Kamala was talking about last night with the lower courts.

This isn't court packing. And the answer to this isn't ACTUAL court packing. The answer to this is to block a GOP nominee the next time the democrats hold the senate in an election year. That would be apples to apples.

You do realize Kamala ducked that same question, don't you?

And as long as we are discarding HIPAA regulations for Trump, I think I have a right to know Joe Biden's medication list. Is Aricept on the list? How about other drugs used to treat dementia?
Shame on you if you really are an MD. You should know better than to diagnose a person you have never examined, never mind the willful blindness your claim that Biden has dementia requires to ignore the MUCH MUCH more evident signs of problems with Trump's mental capacity. And note, I am not a medical clinician making any diagnosis, just giving a layperson's opinions of very visible symptoms. But someone who holds themselves out to to be a physician is held to a higher professional standard.

Old 10-08-2020, 07:58 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,668,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
The answer to this is to block a GOP nominee the next time the democrats hold the senate in an election year. That would be apples to apples.
Why do Republicans always get to be the offender first? Just don't do anything before they do? And if they do something terrible, then follow that up with something worse, still don't do anything worse? Come on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The Democrats might want to be careful. This is an issue that could wake a sleeping giant and doing that is one of the ways nations get destroyed.
But it's okay for the GOP to refuse to even have a vote for a Democratic president's nominee almost a year before? That doesn't destroy a nation when a party makes a claim in one direction that favors them, then does the exact opposite four years later when it favors them?

Old 10-08-2020, 08:00 PM

30,023 posts, read 18,596,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Its honestly very scary. I hope people start to take them seriously, when they say or withhold to say what they want to do.
It basically says HE WILL pack the court.

Democrats have a habit of opening a can of worms. IF Biden was elected and did it, we can count on the next republican doing a quid pro quo.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Shame on you if you really are an MD. You should know better than to diagnose a person you have never examined, never mind the willful blindness your claim that Biden has dementia requires to ignore the MUCH MUCH more evident signs of problems with Trump's mental capacity. And note, I am not a medical clinician making any diagnosis, just giving a layperson's opinions of very visible symptoms. But someone who holds themselves out to to be a physician is held to a higher professional standard.
Where are you getting all of this? You want information from Trump's medical records? Fine. I want information from Biden's medical records. I didn't diagnose anything in my post. I just asked for information.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:06 PM

25,480 posts, read 18,612,470 times
Their refusal to answer that question matters the same as their refusal to answer all the other questions concerning the destruction of our political system and their planned leftist takeover; that is to say, I wouldn't trust either of them as far as I could throw them.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Why do Republicans always get to be the offender first? Just don't do anything before they do? And if they do something terrible, then follow that up with something worse, still don't do anything worse? Come on.

They don't always get to be the offender first. Do we really need to go through history to find all the times the democrats were the offender first? This is DC politics we are talking about.

I am saying, if you want payback, then do something proportional. If you want escalation, do something disproportional, like court packing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies