Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 07:45 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You didn't, but my initial response was not to you. It was to someone else. Your response to my response was irrelevant to the conversation I was already having, for the reasons I gave.
And yet you posted on a forum where public discourse will happen when you post a thread or a reply post. Sounds like you didn't like something I said. Did I hurt your feelings with the truth? The Republicans flip-flopped to suit their interests. I'm sure Democrats might do that too, but the Republicans ran on filling the seat in 2016 with a longer vacancy and now trying to ram job Coney Barrett in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2020, 07:46 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
I am not voting for a man. I am voting for the principles for which this country has stood since its founding. I am voting for Constitutional government. I am voting for a strong and viable military. I am voting for a vibrant economy. I am voting for the right to keep and bear arms. I am voting for the freedom to worship. I am voting for a national recognition of the founding of our nation on Biblical principles. I am voting for the ability for anyone to rise above their circumstances and become successful. I am voting for my children and grandchildren to be able to choose their own path in life, including how and where their children are educated. I am voting for our borders to be open to everyone who enters under our law and closed to everyone who would circumvent or ignore the law. I am voting for the Electoral College to remain in place, so that a few heavily populated liberal centers do not control the elections. I am voting for a Supreme Court that interprets the Constitution rather than rewrites it. I am voting to teach history, with all its warts, not erase it or revise it. I am voting for the sanctity of life from conception to birth and after. Let’s all Make America Great Again.

I saw this on Fox News it was a comment. Yes let’s Make America Great Again
Great quote and I agree 100% but you should cite the author.

Old 10-09-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You can vote Biden and get the same thing.

The difference between the two comes down to: Trump takes no responsibility and Biden does.

Oh, good try. That is NOT the difference you know it. The left wants to change the system to ensure they win from here on out. The left wants to grow the government and increase taxes by a large amount. The left wants open borders, defunding of police, paid healthcare for illegals, court packing, adding states so they can get more Democrat senators. They want to ban fossil fuels.

Please. Don't insult our intelligence by saying it's all about Trump's bad personality.

Old 10-09-2020, 07:51 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And yet you posted on a forum where public discourse will happen when you post a thread or a reply post. Sounds like you didn't like something I said. Did I hurt your feelings with the truth? The Republicans flip-flopped to suit their interests. I'm sure Democrats might do that too, but the Republicans ran on filling the seat in 2016 with a longer vacancy and now trying to ram job Coney Barrett in.
It has nothing to do with what I like or dislike. It was irrelevant. You can say whatever you want to say, but if I am talking to someone else about the internal combustion engine, and you enter into the conversation with "I had Corn Flakes for breakfast today.", I'm going to tell you that fact is irrelevant to the conversation.

Old 10-09-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yes, of course, though, you are very much voting for a man. So why isn't America great again after nearly 4 years of a man like Trump? Also Trump is a multi adulterer. Do tell what he knows about biblical principles.
Never can talk about policy. Only about the man.

People need to wake up. This election is NOT about Trump. It's about our system of government remaining in tact. Packing the court means they get to put in as many liberal activist judges as they want thus eliminating the balance of powers. They will also add two states and 4 Democrat senators ensuring they always have control of the senate. They can't win on their goofy leftist tax and spend agenda at the ballot box so they want to change the rules. Also want to get rid of the electoral college ensuring that NY and California decide every election.

This election is NOT about Trump. They are making it about him to distract you from the above.

Old 10-09-2020, 07:53 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
217,000 and counting.
Which has not a thing to do with Trump. FYI.

Read the story of King Canute. Stop expecting an elected official to possess the powers of a deity.

~3 million people die every year in our country. If the government could stop death, you'd think they'd start with heart disease, cancer and old age, since those three get way more people than covid has. If the god-emperor POTUS could wave a hand and stop death, I'd like to think they'd go for way bigger future vote blocs.

Trump is a chief executive, not the Kwisatz Haderach.

Old 10-09-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
It has nothing to do with what I like or dislike. It was irrelevant. You can say whatever you want to say, but if I am talking to someone else about the internal combustion engine, and you enter into the conversation with "I had Corn Flakes for breakfast today.", I'm going to tell you that fact is irrelevant to the conversation.
That wasn't what happened. You replied in post #5 saying Democrats are trying to pack the court which i replied in post #11 and that comes from the Republicans who flip-flopped. It was infact relevant. Get real.

Old 10-09-2020, 07:59 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Well, at least Trump didn't do an apology tour!!
No he did a dictator tour, saluted the general of NK, and "fell in love" with Kim Jung Un.

Old 10-09-2020, 08:07 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Here are the direct quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Typhoid Trump does not believe or understand the Constitution and the rule of law..
Quote:
Says the party who thinks Trump shouldn't be allowed to nominate a judge to the Supreme Court.
Quote:
Says the party that flipped on Supreme Court Justice nominations during an election year.
Quote:
That wasn't what happened. You replied in post #5 saying Democrats are trying to pack the court which i replied in post #11 and that comes from the Republicans who flip-flopped. It was infact relevant. Get real.
You get real. I was clearly attacking the constitutionality and rule of law comment.

Your comment had absolutely nothing at all to do with the constitution or rule of law. Zero.

Just because both posts relate to the Supreme Court, does not make your response relevant to mine.

Your post not withstanding, you cant argue that the other side doesn't understand the constitution while your side clearly doesn't understand it.

Old 10-09-2020, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Here are the direct quotes.

You get real. I was clearly attacking the constitutionality and rule of law comment.

Your comment had absolutely nothing at all to do with the constitution or rule of law. Zero.

Just because both posts relate to the Supreme Court, does not make your response relevant to mine.

Your post not withstanding, you cant argue that the other side doesn't understand the constitution while your side clearly doesn't understand it.
It has to do with which party changed their ideals to fit their narrative and objectives. Nibe months out of the election in 2016 McConnell and other Republican Senators said we will not have a Supreme Court nominee floor vote. Now with under two months out in 2020 with no Constitutional mandate do they say they want to ramrod a conservative Justice in. Mind you your argument is irrelevant because the Supreme Court Justice count is not verboten nor is it in the Constitution...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies