Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 11:12 PM

7,257 posts, read 4,805,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I hardly think of anywhere in IL as being Trumpville; I doubt that many do. As of here, the signs and flages are running, probably 50 to 1 Trump, maybe even more so. I have only seen 4 Biden signs and they were all in a row with the exception of one. Add to that, remember, no matter which side you are on, some people do not choose to put signs in their front yard. This goes for both sides, same as bumper stickers; there used to me lots of bumper stickers but I have noticed this year almost none.

Oh and I just thought I would bring this up: your's is the 3rd thread on the same topic. Did you think you would get a different breakdown?
ROFL
Here ya go.
Red dominates Illinois except in Chicago
https://www.politico.com/2016-electi...dent/illinois/

Old 10-10-2020, 01:40 AM

23,369 posts, read 29,250,384 times
I haven't seen any Trump signs in my neighborhood!

Old 10-10-2020, 04:08 AM

15,582 posts, read 10,592,311 times
It's hard to keep up with the signs on my street because someone keeps stealing the Trump signs. One Biden sign, no one has touched it. Five Trump signs last week, all stolen except for one.

Old 10-10-2020, 04:55 AM

59,526 posts, read 27,669,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The reason I ask is because I live in Trumpville, and I’m seeing far more Biden/Harris signs than I am Trump/Pence signage. I’m not saying that the area will go to Biden, just saying there seems to be a decided lack of enthusiasm for publicly supporting Trump.

What I really found surprising is I’ve visited a few apple orchards in the country recently and driving in all directions in these rural areas there were as many Biden signs as there were Trump signs.
Trump 10 to 1 and I live in an re FILED with "northerners".

Old 10-10-2020, 07:22 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,072,455 times
Quote:
The reason I ask is because I live in Trumpville, and I’m seeing far more Biden/Harris signs than I am Trump/Pence signage. I’m not saying that the area will go to Biden, just saying there seems to be a decided lack of enthusiasm for publicly supporting Trump.

What I really found surprising is I’ve visited a few apple orchards in the country recently and driving in all directions in these rural areas there were as many Biden signs as there were Trump signs.
I see a lot of Biden signs but what I notice is how radical the Trumpers are.

Where I live, the Trump supporters have HUGE signs in front of their businesses (and some houses)

The other day, I saw a guy driving through town in an old truck with two flags and Trump signs all over his truck.

I was driving so I couldn't get a picture of it but it certainly spoke to me.

Old 10-10-2020, 07:53 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,061,261 times
A neighbor of mine has this sign in their front yard.

I initially took it as a neutral party sign but after looking online, I guess it is anti-Trump. Shrug

Old 10-10-2020, 08:00 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,072,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
My county is pretty red. The big farms and businesses have big signs for down ballot Republicans, usually placed close to an intersection. In the small town neighborhoods one sees smaller signs, mostly (but not all) for Democrats, a house or two on each block.

Then there is the occasional Trumpie house near the main road full of banners and flags and big Trump signs, it looks kind of crazy. It's like they are over-compensating. Sometimes it is the most rundown house on the road (which is very noticeable), but not always. Interestingly they don't seem to care much about the down ballot races in these exuberant Trump families, not much of that kind of signage on those properties.

My county has been dominated by Republicans since the Civil War, it's like a one-party county. Many spots on the ballot have no Democrat running, they can't get a full slate together here. Interestingly, voter participation hovers around 20% here ... for decades. I attribute that to discouragement, people don't feel that their vote can have an impact so they don't bother, and the same old clique gets elected over and over again.
You must be in Missouri.

People in my county usually don't put signs in their yards unless they vote red because the republicans around here are so radical.
I once had someone remove a bumper sticker from my vehicle.

I'm discouraged when I vote.

Missouri has been gerrymandered to give Republicans the upper hand. Partisan gerrymandering, which refers to redistricting that favors one political party, has a long tradition in the United States.

I voted and I will definitely vote in this election. But, I know that it will probably won't count because of the way the state has been redistricted.

Something has to be done so that every American's vote counts. It should be that the person who gets the majority of the votes wins - period.

The right to vote in the United States has been a hard won fight. Then, after granting various groups the right to cast a vote, those in power found ways to keep our vote from counting.

There are several cases against gerrymandering that have made it all the way to the Supreme Court.

One of those cases, was ultimately decided that questions of partisan gerrymandering represent a nonjusticiable political question, which cannot be dealt with by the federal court system.

That decision leaves it to states and to Congress to develop remedies to challenge and to prevent partisan gerrymandering. Some states have created independent redistricting commissions to reduce political drivers for redistricting.

When you live in Missouri, that is discouraging.

Old 10-10-2020, 08:32 AM

21,427 posts, read 7,509,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Took a day trip toward western Illinois through a few small towns and saw American flags displayed on about 75% of homes. It was unreal. Somehow I don’t think those were democrats. 90% of signs were for Trump Pence.
My town is like that. 14th congressional district of Illinois at the southern reaches of it, two miles from Dennis Hastert's house.

I have a flag too, but I am voting for Biden this time.

Old 10-10-2020, 09:10 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,702,648 times
Quote:

I saw the same think driving from Pittsburgh to Chicago. Signs in rural pa and Ohio for Biden. Areas where you haven’t seen democrat support signs since the bill clinton days. And this was back in August! Not many signs for trump in rural Indiana like 2016 either.

Donald is about to get steamrolled. The election will be over quickly on 11/3. I think the Republican Party is on the verge of historic losses. And the evidence is the kidnapping plan of the Michigan governor. The extremists know it’s ending and they are going to be POd and become unhinged when trump gets clobbered.

People are tired of the lunacy of this guy.

Old 10-10-2020, 09:41 AM

6,829 posts, read 3,247,391 times
Our little town in western Oregon about 30 miles from VERY liberal Eugene is solidly republican. We have a ratio of about 5 to 1 for Trump signs versus Biden. We don't have any signs, but a neighbor about a block away, who is liberal has every sign you can imagine including Biden and Trump signs. She lets random people put signs in her yard. Such diversity!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies