Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 11:03 AM

1,803 posts, read 936,911 times

Advertisements

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the government's top infectious diseases authority, said Sunday that he was "taken out of context" in a new Trump campaign ad that features his comments "without my permission."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...c1d?li=BBnbfcL

Dr Fauci said in response ....
- "In my nearly five decades of public service, I have never publicly endorsed nor do I now endorse any political candidates,"
- Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, told NBC News in a statement. "The comments attributed to me without my permission in the GOP campaign ad were taken out of context from a broad statement I made months ago about the efforts of federal public health officials."

The ad, titled "Carefully," which was released Saturday, promotes President Donald Trump's response to the Covid-19 pandemic.

In Trump fashion ... he hits back in a Tweet that could have been a heck-of-a-lot-worse.... THAT HE TRUMP DID A PHENOMENAL JOB AND YOU SAID WE DID .... with Trump campaign spokesman Tim Murtaugh saying the campaign will continue to run the ad despite Fauci's objections.

"These are Dr. Fauci's own words," he said. "The video is from a nationally broadcast television interview in which Dr. Fauci was praising the work of the Trump Administration. The words spoken are accurate, and directly from Dr. Fauci's mouth."

THE POINT IS ---- DR FAUCI ASKED DIRECTLY THIS AD - TO NOT USE HIM AS HE ENDORSES NO PRESIDENT AS HE WORKED UNDER SOME OF BOTH PARTIES thru the years.

**** IS THIS FAIR TO DR FAUCI IF HE RESPECTFULLY ASK NOT HIS COMMENTS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT AND GENERALIZE BE USED IN POLITICAL ADDS? ****

>>> WHAT DO YOU SAY? I honestly think it is DISRESPECTFUL to just tell Dr Fauci ummmm no we will not honor your desire. <<<
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2020, 11:56 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,800,865 times
Typical Trump low life, despicable, desperate tactics to lie cheat and steal another win. There is nothing too low for Trump because winning at any cost is everything.

Old 10-12-2020, 11:58 AM

10,773 posts, read 4,351,834 times
I don't care about Fauci.

Old 10-12-2020, 12:00 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
"These are Dr. Fauci's own words," he said. "The video is from a nationally broadcast television interview in which Dr. Fauci was praising the work of the Trump Administration. The words spoken are accurate, and directly from Dr. Fauci's mouth."
This, from the admin that whines incessantly about being taken out of context. This is probably Trump's #1 excuse he uses when he speaks the truth and it shines a light on what a low-life person he is. But he (or his admin) seem to have no issues using it on a national hero like Dr. Fauci. They truly are the lowest of low.

Old 10-12-2020, 12:02 PM

10,773 posts, read 4,351,834 times
Trump takes the blame for coronavirus while Fauci said the virus was "not a major threat" and "not driven by asymptomatic carriers" and "people should not be walking around with masks"....

Old 10-12-2020, 12:05 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Fauci is about ready to more than quadruple the local animal population.

He owes Trump for it, too!

"Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act"

https://ravallirepublic.com/news/loc...me-top-story-1

Old 10-12-2020, 12:08 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Fauci is about ready to more than quadruple the local animal population.

He owes Trump for it, too!

"Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act"

https://ravallirepublic.com/news/loc...me-top-story-1
This will then be followed by a huge crematorium.

Old 10-12-2020, 12:09 PM

1,706 posts, read 637,173 times
Typical trump. He doesnt care about anyone but himself.The man respectfully asked to take the ad down because he doesnt endorse anyone but trump does what he wants to. What a clown.

Old 10-12-2020, 12:10 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Trump takes the blame for coronavirus while Fauci said the virus was "not a major threat" and "not driven by asymptomatic carriers" and "people should not be walking around with masks"....
That is one thing that Fauci said EARLY in the learning curve of this NOVEL virus. You just exhibited THE problem perfectly. The problem is that the science and understanding have evolved, and true scientists and Dr's are able to admit that things have changed as they learn more. Meanwhile Trump is willing to exploit outdated info for his reelection benefit, even if he KNOWS people will die from it. He admitted as much in his Woodward interview, unless you prefer to believe that Trump is such a poor leader that he can't tell the truth without creating panic.

So, you are right, Fauci did say that. But it was a long time ago, and facts have been updated and corrected. If Trump had moved with the science, we'd be in a better place, with less dead Americans. We would not be perfect, and people like you could still blame others, but we'd be better off.

Americans are dead because of this. More than would have otherwise been.

Old 10-12-2020, 12:14 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Fauci is/was a joke......If Trump wants to use his comments in an ad, go for it. And you Libs, stop whining..are you going to sit there and tell us that no Demorat candidates take anything out of context (if he even did). So stop we don't care.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies