Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 06:00 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
The reason people think that is likely because of millions of people voting illegally in CA.

and the evidence hat supports the claim of millions of illegal votes in california is....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2020, 08:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Post Offices hiring temp workers....????

Old 10-10-2020, 08:46 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,394,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Anybody in California received their mail-in ballots yet?
Ours arrived last week. A bit late as compared to prior years. Why? Not sure.

We've cast our ballots. All we can do from this point forward, is to hope that our votes will count. a

Old 10-10-2020, 09:10 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Post Offices hiring temp workers....????
It depends upon the district. In Los Angeles there has been an open attempt to hire temporary COVID emergency help, since the program was authorized months ago but those folks faced with endless 12 hour days rarely last more than a week. it is about time to start hiring temporary Christmas help but it seems like it has been a decade since I last saw one of them down at the delivery station level. Although Los Angeles County announced an October 5th date for ballots they started coming in the Friday before and we were still seeing large numbers on Wednesday the 7th.

My zone is not the worst but because of quarantine staff shortages 14 of the 40 routes saw days without letter, thus ballot deliveries. Local management which has broken all the work hour rules of 12 hour days and 60 hour weeks since February and the toilet paper shortages so any further forcing is impossible are trying entice volunteers to deliver back up letters, with official election materials and political ads along with Amazon parcels on Sunday and on Monday's federal Columbus Day holiday.

However about two weeks ago the district was able to get current on delayed parcels so baby chicks and medications for our veterans are not being stalled at the delivery station due to a lack of healthy carriers. Now if the political decision comes down to again focus on letters and political advertising then on some days the medications will sit so that the available man hours are used to prepare the political advertising in order to get that mail out. The higher management can't play like they don't know what is going on since we see an inspector every other day inspectors from the OIG are checking the logs of political advertising and making sure there are not more routes being delayed than the stations report.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:29 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,393,640 times
Quote:
So, if the Post Office manages to deliver one ballot correctly, there's no reason to think they might have any trouble with 100,000,000 or more mail-in ballots?

That makes sense.
I received my ballot about 4 or 5 days ago.

I've been voting by mail in California for over 10 years. Not going to let the dotard traitor Trump stop that now. Republicans were big advocates of voting by mail in the 90's in California (back when they thought it favored them).

Old 10-11-2020, 08:55 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,164,155 times
Quote:
So, if the Post Office manages to deliver one ballot correctly, there's no reason to think they might have any trouble with 100,000,000 or more mail-in ballots?
That makes sense.

Ever since DeJoy took over the post office, our mail service has been somewhat erratic. Packages with tracking numbers have arrived days, in one case weeks, late. One package was lost completely. While I don't think there's a grand conspiracy in California to lose ballots, there is a small chance it may get lost or misplaced, thanks to Trump's appointed clown who screwed up the P.O. by ripping out sorting machines and cutting back on overtime. Taking no chances, my ballot went to a secure drop-off location.

Old 10-12-2020, 09:43 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
I plan to vote in person to be part of history. Also a good excuse to get out of the house since there isn't much else to do these days. Only if there is a drive by shooting by BLM or Antifa will I drop my ballot in a drop box. If Gov. Nuisance still has a 6' social distance rule, it will look bad for Dems because the lines will stretch for miles!

There have been massive Trump rallies by car, boat or on foot by Trump supporters. A few celeb Dems were alarmed! They had no idea where these Trumpists came from, surely not SoCal!

Old 10-12-2020, 09:56 PM

37 posts, read 22,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I plan to vote in person to be part of history. Also a good excuse to get out of the house since there isn't much else to do these days. Only if there is a drive by shooting by BLM or Antifa will I drop my ballot in a drop box. If Gov. Nuisance still has a 6' social distance rule, it will look bad for Dems because the lines will stretch for miles!

There have been massive Trump rallies by car, boat or on foot by Trump supporters. A few celeb Dems were alarmed! They had no idea where these Trumpists came from, surely not SoCal!
me too - I enjoy it. But do be aware of the "volunteers" who work the lines handing out markers and offering to take your ballot to drop in the slot for you. They seemed very persistent in 2016, but I insisted on staying in line and doing it the old fashioned way. They used to have an assigned polling place and you'd have to at least give your name and address and they would mark it off the list. Half the fun is seeing members of the community out congregating for a common purpose and we had faith in our process. Today in CA, we no longer have to show ID and can go anywhere to vote. In fact, I don't recall them even asking my name the last few times.

Old 10-14-2020, 10:19 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Ever since DeJoy took over the post office, our mail service has been somewhat erratic. Packages with tracking numbers have arrived days, in one case weeks, late. One package was lost completely. While I don't think there's a grand conspiracy in California to lose ballots, there is a small chance it may get lost or misplaced, thanks to Trump's appointed clown who screwed up the P.O. by ripping out sorting machines and cutting back on overtime. Taking no chances, my ballot went to a secure drop-off location.
California specifically sorting machines, truck schedules and forced overtime against the will of carriers is not the problem, there has been no stoppage of overtime as workers have been on 12 hour days since the toilet paper shortages. back in February. But the real backup happened as the prime vacation season coincided with quarantined workers.

This week due to paying out premium payments and per diem the local California postal districts in the most trouble have been able to recruit postal workers from Arizona and New Mexico for a three week tour to get us through the election. I guess those states are doing much better than California in rates of infection. But still due to COVID quarentines and folks out for childcare under the Families First Corona Virus Response Act only about half of the carrier routes are staffed so all routes are impossible to service with letter mail on a daily basis no matter what high speed sorting machine was at which plant or if a truck left on schedule or not.

Of course when you force 12 hour days and 6 or 7 days a week more folk will do anything to get out of that burden from using the law in the form of the FFCRA to stay with their children as congress intended to getting a doctor to say they only can work 8 hours and maintain their health.

Old 10-15-2020, 09:24 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,058,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
I disagree. He has like a 15% chance. The reason people think that is likely because of millions of people voting illegally in CA. What about the House Seats though?
People who believe millions of people are voting illegally in California or any other state need to turn off their computers and phones, take a deep breath and go read a book or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies