Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2020, 10:20 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times

Advertisements

I am perfectly OK with shooting someone in the face if he maces you. I don't care of their political affiliation

But i am pleasantly shocked that some of the leftists from citydata are now OK with self defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 10:20 AM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Thanks. I used the word exactly as it is defined: Not straightforward or candid; insincere or calculating.

9News is the highest rated news channel here in Denver. They hired a private security guard to protect their news team while covering a group that is open belligerent towards the news media.

The security fired his weapon on someone who maced him.

What alternative narrative are you proposing?
I am proposing that you watch the security guard narrative fall apart and the person or persons responsible for hiring that left wing lunatic as a security guard gets their comeuppance.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:23 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
Trump's very own FBI director said ANTIFA is an ideology not an organization. Now it is a bad ideology for sure, but don't treat them like a specific group of people like we do for the KKK, because they aren't.

This is the same scam the US uses at the international level. Unfortunately for you, I am not stupid and I know all about these "politicacs incorporated " limited liability organizations. Antifa is just a Democratic NGO. Its a good scam to be sure. When one of Russia's publicly owned state industries does something, its Russia. When Halliburton dies something, its the contractor with no offical status other than the charter they are to follow. There is a sliver of a legitimacy to the idea that an army run by lieutenants would be acting more loosely , but its used in the same manner a camel nose is under the tent.

Antifa is a Democratic run OP. No doubt about it.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:23 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
How about a left wing protestor macing a cop? Serious question. Curious if there is a different standard.
A cop and a security guard are different. Anyone who maces a cop, no matter what their political views are may have to deal with the consequences. I would have to understand the whole picture of such an event to answer. Private security guards are not cops and he had other options other then what he ended up with.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:28 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
How about a left wing protestor macing a cop? Serious question. Curious if there is a different standard.
Attacking a cop/first responder/politician/public official carries heavier penalty than attacking a citizen (that includes security guard)

So yes, there is a different standard

Old 10-11-2020, 10:30 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Possibly some reporters think they do too. Do you have a problem with the Second Amendment?

I guess only people in government need guns
Shooting and killing/murdering someone defending themself with pepper spray isn't part of the second amendment.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:31 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
I am proposing that you watch the security guard narrative fall apart and the person or persons responsible for hiring that left wing lunatic as a security guard gets their comeuppance.

9News is owned by Tegna, an S&P 400 company traded on the NYSE. Not sure if you work in the corporate world like I do, but there are clear standards for employee safety. They likely outsource security to a large security firm. Things got bad, someone maced the armed guard and he shot back.

Years ago, I served on a jury where an armored car employee was maced as he exited a restaurant and had his money bag stolen. He was firing down the alley at the robbers’ backs. On the stand he described the fear and pain of being maced in the face and it led him to do something stupid with his weapon.

Macing a guy with a gun is just a stupid idea. He may end up serving time for this, that will be up to a jury.

You are reaching by already assuming a left wing conspiracy. Until (real) information that gives credence to your conspiracy theory exists, I suggest following Occam’s Razor. Perhaps as you grow and learn more, you’ll realize this.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 10-11-2020 at 10:46 AM..

Old 10-11-2020, 10:34 AM

1,449 posts, read 1,149,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I would not be ok with that at all. I think everyone involved was an idiot. I think the shooter is the biggest idiot though because he killed someone and ruined his life for nothing.
I'm with @MissTerri on this 100%.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:41 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Don't bring mace to a gunfight. He should be buried next to Trayvon Martin.

Not sure what the law is in the state but mace is a lousy open carry "weapon". If its classified as deadly , then the shooter would tend to be more in the right. If its considered none lethal then would disabling an armed person then leave lethal force available because the arm falls into the hand of another. Its a bad idea to attack armed people for this reason. Police are killed by their own weapons.

If you are going to use mace or pepper spray and keep it concealed and use defensively as a last resort. However I would look at the legal definitions because if its considered an armed assault why bother? A knife or a gun is better. Knives are very effective concealed weapons at close range BTW.

Quote:

If two people are fighting bet on the guy with the gun.

The gunslinger stood his ground and utilized his second amendment rights against an aggressor. Here in Texas he would walk. In purple Colorado who knows?

The one who is alive and the one who is dead provides a lot of evidence.

In the case of Rittenhouse , here again is the problem. As a minor he had to use a long rife. So his only option is a show of force. It works if you can show enough force but a mob of 50 have more force than even 1 or 2 well armed people. So he also makes a juicy target for aggression. Its not a legal problem in my view but it is a tactical one between show of force or bring it to bare defensively.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:47 AM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,864 times
Quote:
9News is owned by Tegna, an S&P 400 company traded on the NYSE. Not sure if you work in the corporate world like I do, but there are clear standards for employee safety. They likely outsource security to a large security firm. Things got bad, someone maced the armed guard and he shot back.

Years ago, I served on a jury for a robbery where an armored car employee was maced as he exited a restaurant and had his money bag stolen. He was firing down the alley at the suspects backs. On the stand he described the fear and pain of being maced in the face and it led him to do something stupid with his weapon.

Macing a guy with a gun is just a stupid idea. He may end up serving time for this, that will be up to a jury.

You are reaching by already assuming a left wing conspiracy. Until (real) information that gives credence to your conspiracy theory exists, I suggest following Occam’s Razor. Perhaps as you grow and learn more, you’ll realize this.
Float away little Denver. Float away on your cloud of chronic. Homilies and name dropping don’t an argument make. You’re the one with vast right wing conspiracy theories. You’re the one that needs to wait for info. Do you suppose you will get it with the cutting edge journalists of 9news?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies