Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 07:41 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,209,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I have not heard Democrats touting a Biden landslide, even though some polls point to that. Like most democrats, I am cautiously optimistic. What would be the point in touting a huge Biden lead? It might make some Biden voters decide they can stay home.

No, I'm going to assume that this election result is going to be razor thin, thus we need every single democrat to get out and vote.

As far as what we'll do the day after the election? We'll be sitting calmly, saying just wait until all of the mail-in ballots have been counted. What will you be doing?
You may be sitting calmly but many of your comrades will not and you will most likely just stay silent on them causing unrest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 07:57 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,490,398 times
I expect the tantrums will rapidly fade out as most of the Dems in office focus on keeping their jobs and donations and bending to public will and various groups move to smaller echo chambers. Beating an incumbent is usually a longshot, so a loss would not be a great surprise to anyone with a day of experience in politics.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:19 AM

9,428 posts, read 5,185,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I hope Trump can pull out some of his 2016 magic again, but this time I don't see it happening. He's been under assult for 4 years now by the media and the left, and he doesn't have an unlikeable gasbag like Hillary Clinton as his opponent. The polls are all pointing to a Biden victory, and here's why I believe them this time: in '16 there were zero Hillary signs in this area, and a lot of Trump signs. This time around, it's 50/50 Trump and Biden signs. I live in a middle class area - not rich, not poor, it's people to get up every day and go to work, and it's the kind of area Trump cleaned up last time. Of course I could be wrong, but that's the view "on the ground" around here.
I am leaning this way, too. I don't feel like he is going to win, but as you've mentioned, there is so much that has been going on for the past 4 years, if people who are absolutely sick and tired of the democrats antics show up to vote, he may have a chance. At this point, although I supported him, there are many things about Trump that I have come to dislike; that said, I would vote for him over Biden every time, on a purely policy level. I think either way this goes, we are going to have 4 more years of drama.
Also, I don't think Kamala is likeable, and from the sounds of it, Pelosi is finagling with the 25th to push "Joe" out IF they win. Then we will have our first female president. However, she is not the president I would vote for, so I hope that factors in to getting everyone out to vote.
If Trump wins, I think it will be a clear referendum against the left.
We deserve better.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:21 AM

24,595 posts, read 9,427,094 times
About 7 investigations, lawsuits, and re-counts.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:32 AM

25,676 posts, read 18,758,270 times
Yeah, same thing they are doing now, just amped up. Burned cities, assaulted people, maybe some killings. You'll also see a lot of people flipping out and screaming and crying and having a meltdown like last time. Huge tantrums. Same insanity. Those people should have been institutionalized and provided the mental health help they needed last time around. But they are still out there... ready to have another meltdown.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:58 AM

78,291 posts, read 60,492,074 times
I for one am really puzzled by all this "Biden landslide" talk.

Didn't people learn anything last election?

I personally feel that sort of message can suppress your own voters that decide not to get up early or go after work to vote because they're going to win easily anyway.

P.S. If Trump wins, ironically the hardest hit areas by rioting etc. are going to be areas that tended to vote more in favor of Biden.

Old 10-11-2020, 09:12 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,794,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Democrats are touting a Biden landslide win, at least according to many polls.

However, polls can be designed to get the result you desire. Also, the mainstream media (Democrat and left owned) selects which polls it publishes, and many only favor a huge Biden lead.

On the ground though, and in between the east and west coasts, Biden is not that popular, and folks do not like VP candidate Kamala Harris at all.

If Biden loses, and many folks will be shocked, what will the left and the Democrats do, as-a-result of the loss, in the days after the election?

I think Trump wins convincingly, and Democrats are going to burn some cities. LOL
The last poll, which had Biden by 14%, was found to have purposely over-sampled democrats by 10%, thus putting it in the margin of error.... They're doing it again, just like in 2016. Fine.

Trump will win. The small minority will riot/loot/burn. The end results depend on the State/City. If I were in a lib city , I'd get the hell out because the authorities will let them get it out of their system...at the cost of burnt business and lost lives. If you're in a conservative area, just relax, we'll be fine. Keep your powder dry though.......

Old 10-11-2020, 10:20 AM

8,017 posts, read 5,849,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
We get out the vote we win.

We will be voting.

The Dem's and the county will win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Which county is that?
Lol, I'm pretty sure "Boss" is Boss Hogg, from Hazzard County.

Them Dukes!!

Old 10-11-2020, 04:49 PM

477 posts, read 335,712 times
If Democrats and the Left Lose, What Tantrums Will Happen Days After The Election?

Let me guess. Russian interference in the election

Old 10-11-2020, 04:52 PM

35,569 posts, read 17,911,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
I expect riots, burning buildings, destruction from BLM/ Antifa . What they are doing now...
What you will see, if the democrats lose, is that the people rioting and burning aren't democrats. They won't react.

You'll see the same reaction as 2016, there will be blank stares and disbelief, and sadness.

And maybe a year later an even bigger peaceful march on the Washington Mall by peaceful women.

Did you see any rioting and looting in 2016? No, you didn't. That's because the voting democrats don't riot and loot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies