Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 09:09 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
I know, he showed on the map where she lives. Why not sell her mansion and move back into HER district or run for that district she is living in now?
Redistricting happens fairly often. Why should someone be forced to sell their home if the district lines change? They could well change again to re-include your house.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2020, 09:18 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Not to mention one of the ugliest women on the planet. She has lots of competition from some of the other dems, but she is definitely a contender. There must be an unwritten rule that one must be butt ugly to be a democrat.

AOC is the exception, she is my pick for the perfect floozy bartender to spend a weekend in a cheap motel with a bottle of wine. wicked hot POA...!
Personally I always vote based on the candidate's appearance.

Old 10-12-2020, 09:27 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That is the elephant in the room that no one hardly talks about. How do so many politicians wind up rich? I mean just rich as hell. The corruption is sometimes so blatant and yet they keep getting away with it. The only time they get caught is when it's so egregious that it can't be ignored. That Illinois governor comes to mind, I forget his name. He recently was released from prison.
How?

Because they have the inside scoop on the hundreds of billions in gov spending that will be flowing out to companies each year, along with the inside scoop on any regulations impacting companies.

A person would have to be a total idiot not to cash in having such information.

Old 10-12-2020, 10:14 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
How?

Because they have the inside scoop on the hundreds of billions in gov spending that will be flowing out to companies each year, along with the inside scoop on any regulations impacting companies.

A person would have to be a total idiot not to cash in having such information.
Of course I doubt anyone thought members would be in place for 4 different census years and reapportionments of their districts.

And why would folks in larger states expect federal congressmen to make their district better? That is what local government is tasked to do, not one voter out of 435.

Old 10-13-2020, 02:23 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,961 times
My god, he went IN on her hard. Amazing ad.

Old 10-13-2020, 02:34 PM

2,983 posts, read 1,166,187 times
They need to find how she became a multi millionaire in congress!!

Old 10-14-2020, 06:14 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It won’t work this time, but it may help prime it for in two years. I find it astounding that representatives in California don’t have to actually live in their districts. They do in my state, they should in every state.
No members of Congress regardless of state are required to live in the district (aside from those in which just one district in the state) they are just required to live in the state. Many states do have requirements that those in State House/Assembly and State Senate seats live in the district, but not for Congress.

Old 10-14-2020, 06:24 PM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Redistricting happens fairly often. Why should someone be forced to sell their home if the district lines change? They could well change again to re-include your house.

I hate Maxine Waters, but I agree with hooligan. She shouldnt have to sell her house and move due to re-districting. She'll be gone soon enough.

Old 10-14-2020, 06:29 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
They need to find how she became a multi millionaire in congress!!
Is that true? If so, we really need to know.

Old 10-14-2020, 06:47 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Waters is one of the worst of the worst in congress. I can't think of a single redeeming quality. She is the living stereotype of the angry mean spirited politician who got rich cashing in on political favors. That said if her constituents are dumb enough to vote for her, they deserve what they get. It is no mystery why her district is such a hot mess and why. It's far easier to manipulate those with nothing than those who have. Keep them dependent upon the state and they will be afraid of change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies