Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 07:54 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I just don't understand snarky posts like these. We are in the middle of a pandemic emergency dealing with a virus that the experts are still struggling to understand, and made doubly difficult by the economic ramifications. I don't see the point - in fact, I think it's disgraceful - the way so many people keep going "Nyah, nyah!" every time medical experts revise their opinions.
OK, would you like a tissue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 08:02 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
China was successful because they did the lockdown right. They locked down for a month, gave everyone a stipend mandated mask wearing and contact trace.

Had we done this from day 1, we’d be in a better place. Instead we have no plan, no leadership and everyone fends for themselves.
If China had handled things properly, it would have remained in Wuhan instead of becoming a worldwide pandemic.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:06 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
China was successful because they did the lockdown right. They locked down for a month, gave everyone a stipend mandated mask wearing and contact trace.

Had we done this from day 1, we’d be in a better place. Instead we have no plan, no leadership and everyone fends for themselves.

I'm sure you are aware that the Chinese lied about this pandemic from the start. There was no "Day 1" for the United States, as the Wuhan Virus had been out of the bag for months before the rest of the globe recognized it.

What China likely did was to round up those who had the virus, and simply eliminated them. You know their record on human rights, so you know that this is likely true.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:06 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
I just don't understand snarky posts like these. We are in the middle of a pandemic emergency dealing with a virus that the experts are still struggling to understand, and made doubly difficult by the economic ramifications. I don't see the point - in fact, I think it's disgraceful - the way so many people keep going "Nyah, nyah!" every time medical experts revise their opinions.
Well, I find it disgraceful how the left keeps blaming the President, saying he did “nothing” (a lie) and that he caused all the deaths (also a lie).

Those people who were saying that the shut downs were ALSO going to cause untold harm were practically accused of being murderers. We were told we were inhumane, cruel, and so forth.

We were told we were ignorant for not “following the science.” Those of us who advocated for herd immunity were scorned and scoffed at.

NOW that scientists are coming out saying we should never have shut down, etc., the very same posters are writing, things like “who could have known what to do?”

Do you really fail to see the hypocrisy of this?

Just last week you all were clutching your pearls because Trump said not to let COVID dominate your lives. Now you all are saying Trump shut everything down too much.

Make up your minds would ya?

Old 10-11-2020, 08:13 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
chinas economy is hurting so they told WHO to change their tune about virus protection to open up their trade to other countries.......

Old 10-11-2020, 08:16 PM

3,515 posts, read 7,783,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So is WHO saying that schools, concert halls, movie theaters and stadiums should go back to normal?

They actually could... if people would stop fighting wearing masks, socially distant, avoid large gatherings. we could eliminate the virus be starving it of new hosts. China suffered thru several months of severe lock-downs and now they are enjoying the rewards for there efforts. Now new Covid cases, they are once again enjoying thearte, sporting events, movies, the there economy is roaring back to life. Unfortunately until there is a vaccine, the United States will never get to this point. Too many self centered asses, where forcing me to wear a mask is a violation of my rights. They blame the government for the state of the economy, but in reality it's there own damn fault. If people would have taken it seriously, and followed the recommendations, we be over this covid thing when we had the first lock down.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:21 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,068 times
Quote:
as if there was ever any doubt

Old 10-11-2020, 08:40 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:

China lies. I don’t believe one thing they’ve reported about covid. I doubt that their true numbers were ever reported and that they had everything so well controlled. Nope. Anything to cover up and make themselves look good. It’s amazing that people actually believe them.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:49 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
The cure was worse than the disease. The “experts” are responsible. So many people warned the “experts” that the cure would be worse than the disease but they didn’t listen. No wonder people are PO’d. They deserve a little smugness over the decision to shut down economies by the experts. What did they think was going to happen for god sake. We should have followed Sweden’s path. The devastation is tragic. Most people had the common sense foresight that the experts lacked.

Old 10-11-2020, 09:27 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Well, after having quite a few people vilify me, including accusing me of being willing to kill children for greed, and saying that I was a science denier, because I have been preaching since early May that schools needs to resume for the good of the children - especially our most economically vulnerable and/or academically struggling - it’s nice to be able to say, “Here’s the science.” After the first month, lockdowns are achieving little return for catastrophic damage they are doing to all us socially, emotionally, and financially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies