Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Level of success approximately by closest in percentage with 100% the best
10% 20 29.85%
20% 0 0%
30% 3 4.48%
40% 0 0%
50% 0 0%
60% 0 0%
70% 7 10.45%
80% 10 14.93%
90% 12 17.91%
100% 15 22.39%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 06:53 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Florida stands as a warning example of what NOT do.

First we closed everything down, and then rushed to re-open and lost lot of lives. As of today we still have mask mandates, and many businesses are still operating only partially. Also, I believe the Republican ran Miami still has curfews.
No one is wearing masks outdoors anymore. Even indoors, I don't see many people wearing them in bars or restaurants. Those mask mandates are no longer enforced, and that's a good thing. I also think restaurants and bars are effectively operating at full capacity.

The curfew sucks, I agree. They can go ahead and lift it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 06:55 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
No one is wearing masks outdoors anymore. Even indoors, I don't see many people wearing them in bars or restaurants. Those mask mandates are no longer enforced, and that's a good thing. I also think restaurants and bars are effectively operating at full capacity.

The curfew sucks, I agree. They can go ahead and lift it.
I live here, so I know the mask mandates are strictly enforced. Businesses will simply not let you enter unless you wear a mask.

Old 10-11-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I live here, so I know the mask mandates are strictly enforced. Businesses will simply not let you enter unless you wear a mask.
I went to a popular bar in Wynwood last Friday, indoors, and no one was wearing a mask. Even the bartenders had them around their chins.

Many of the restaurants around here I now walk in without a mask. Those days are gone and buried when they require you to wear a mask to be seated. Mask mandates are no longer enforced by the city or county.

Old 10-11-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Many of the restaurants around here I now walk in without a mask. Those days are gone and buried when they require you to wear a mask to be seated. Mask mandates are no longer enforced by the city or county.
Cool story, but mask mandates are strictly enforced. You can't even buy groceries without one. Everyone wears them, and I don't hear anyone complain, and then again,- why should they?

Old 10-11-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Cool story, but mask mandates are strictly enforced. You can't even buy groceries without one. Everyone wears them, and I don't hear anyone complain, and then again,- why should they?
No they're not anymore. Grocery stores yeah, restaurants and bars no.

Old 10-11-2020, 07:07 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
As a Florida resident, I am pleased that Governor DeSantis mostly allowed us to choose our individual COVID responses.
That's been my take on it as well !!!

People could make choices based on what was important to them !!! People with low risk didn't need to lock down and those with high risk had a choice how much to isolate themselves !!!
We didn't have the riots and amount of foolishness that was tolerated in other states !!!

Old 10-11-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
No they're not anymore. Grocery stores yeah, restaurants and bars no.
Its kind of hard to eat and drink with a mask on.

I stand by what I said. Practically all businesses require them and will not allow people in unless they comply.

Trying to argue otherwise is pretty dishonest.......and weird. Why do it?

https://www.broward.org/CoronaVirus/...0of%20properly.

Reopened businesses must still follow the requirements of Broward County’s Emergency Orders, including sanitization, wearing of facial coverings and posting of required signage. To help stop the spread of COVID-19, it is important for residents to adhere to social distancing and wear a facial covering in public.

Cover Your Face
The CDC recommends and Broward County Emergency Orders require residents and visitors, unless otherwise exempted, to wear a facial covering in public, and to wear it properly, including over the nose and mouth. The facial covering can be constructed of any material, but should utilize CDC guidelines. Disposable face masks and gloves are not recyclable – please dispose of properly.

You can report violations anonymously online at MyBroward.Broward.org. Select “Request for Service,” enter the location of the violation, and select “COVID-19 Business Complaints” as the Type of Issue. You can also call the Broward County Call Center at 311 or 954-831-4000.

Old 10-11-2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Its kind of hard to eat and drink with a mask on.

I stand by what I said. Practically all businesses require them and will not allow people in unless they comply.

Trying to argue it is not so is pretty dishonest.......and weird. Why do it?

https://www.broward.org/CoronaVirus/...0of%20properly.

Cover Your Face
The CDC recommends and Broward County Emergency Orders require residents and visitors, unless otherwise exempted, to wear a facial covering in public, and to wear it properly, including over the nose and mouth. The facial covering can be constructed of any material, but should utilize CDC guidelines. Disposable face masks and gloves are not recyclable – please dispose of properly.

You can report violations anonymously online at MyBroward.Broward.org. Select “Request for Service,” enter the location of the violation, and select “COVID-19 Business Complaints” as the Type of Issue. You can also call the Broward County Call Center at 311 or 954-831-4000.
I have no reason to lie. I live in Miami Beach, eat at restaurants everyday, and have been going back to bars now that they're allowed to reopen.

I have noticed a clear change in mask enforcement when it comes to restaurants and bars. Like I said I was at an indoor bar in Wynwood, with live music, no one wearing masks. But if you don't believe me, just swing by Lagniappe on a Friday night and see for yourself.

Old 10-11-2020, 07:14 PM

17,614 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Yeah, you wear the mask to walk in the bar or restaurant and then you don't have to wear it at all while you're seated. I was at a bar until 2 a.m. in Hollywood last night.

Old 10-11-2020, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
As a Florida resident, I am pleased that Governor DeSantis mostly allowed us to choose our individual COVID responses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That's been my take on it as well !!!

People could make choices based on what was important to them !!!
Except that it is not true. Florida has been under very strict orders ever since March, and even today Miami still has curfews, and we have to wear masks in pretty much all businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies