Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Level of success approximately by closest in percentage with 100% the best
10% 20 29.85%
20% 0 0%
30% 3 4.48%
40% 0 0%
50% 0 0%
60% 0 0%
70% 7 10.45%
80% 10 14.93%
90% 12 17.91%
100% 15 22.39%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 04:13 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times

Advertisements

Florida Gov. DeSantis explains his handling of coronavirus: 'We wanted society to function'

For those who want to know !!!

Is Florida a success story on response to China virus ?

How does it compare to the state where you live ?

Florida Gov. DeSantis explains his handling of coronavirus: 'We wanted society to function'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ron...ciety-function

Republican describes three-pronged approach to fighting pandemic on 'Life, Liberty & Levin'

"You can't kneecap your own society and think you're going to successfully handle a pandemic," Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis told Fox News' "Life, Liberty & Levin" in an interview airing Sunday night.

Last edited by phma; 10-11-2020 at 04:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 04:37 PM

25,725 posts, read 12,800,389 times
Florida ranks 12th in deaths-per-Million population even though it has the 2nd oldest & most vulnerable population in the U.S.

More deadly states/districts than Florida include:
NY
NJ
MA
CT
RI
IL
MI
DC

I live in Florida, and I think DeSantis did okay....C-. He started out slow, but made up for lost ground after the Spring breaker debaccle where he let the local officials make too many of the calls in the first 3 weeks of the pandemic.

He went to great lengths to safeguard seniors in nursing homes after learning what Cuomo did to kill so many seniors by packing infected people into nursing homes. Cuomo get an "F".

I still see lots of people here wearing masks, & distancing. I have not heard of any Hospitals being overrun.

Old 10-11-2020, 05:00 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
States been open around two weeks now !!!

Ron DeSantis Lifts Statewide COVID Restrictions in Bid to Completely Open Florida Economy
https://news.yahoo.com/ron-desantis-...180130460.html

Old 10-11-2020, 05:25 PM

57,260 posts, read 26,192,233 times
The Florida economy is not alright and his response was a failure in July and August, this poll is premature since he allowed bars and other businesses to open 2 weeks ago. The northeast had the outbreak in March and April, Florida had a surge in July and August, this disease has a long delay time.

Old 10-11-2020, 05:43 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
I’m presently in Orlando with my last son, the Parks and resorts not up to par at all. The snow birds coming now and housing is nil. Not sure what will happens when the evictions start. The courts are still very slow but it’s coming. The unemployment system is a disaster, and now the registering to Vote system failed . So let’s see how Nov 3 turns out. So far -D

Old 10-11-2020, 06:34 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Look at all the countries around the world.. they are not doing well at all. This virus is getting more contagious . This I read two weeks ago. The coronas are now attaching easier so the cases are going up. The virus is not getting more dangerous as far as infection but it is spreading easier.

The components that have been looked at by viral scientists are saying it is not a natural virus and was made in the lab. Of course the leftist media is protecting China and are offended if anyone calls it a Chinese virus so we are not going to get the truth from the media. They follow the narrative of protecting Communist China especially the big corporations who make money and have many factories in China so they tread lightly ..you know China comes first to the big money corporations who also control the media today.

Old 10-11-2020, 06:39 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Florida ranks 12th in deaths-per-Million population even though it has the 2nd oldest & most vulnerable population in the U.S.

More deadly states/districts than Florida include:
NY
NJ
MA
CT
RI
IL
MI
DC

I live in Florida, and I think DeSantis did okay....C-. He started out slow, but made up for lost ground after the Spring breaker debaccle where he let the local officials make too many of the calls in the first 3 weeks of the pandemic.

He went to great lengths to safeguard seniors in nursing homes after learning what Cuomo did to kill so many seniors by packing infected people into nursing homes. Cuomo get an "F".

I still see lots of people here wearing masks, & distancing. I have not heard of any Hospitals being overrun.
It was a democrat mayor that failed to control the beaches.

The democrats are hoping for big numbers to make Trump look bad... we get it...They also want big unemployment numbers .. this is the left. hoping for bad so they can get Biden elected. Hanoi Jane the communist stated that Covid was a gift to the left. This is how sick they are. A gift that killed over 200,000 Americans and the Communist China government are happy.

Old 10-11-2020, 06:44 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,236,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ron...ciety-function

Republican describes three-pronged approach to fighting pandemic on 'Life, Liberty & Levin'

"You can't kneecap your own society and think you're going to successfully handle a pandemic," Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis told Fox News' "Life, Liberty & Levin" in an interview airing Sunday night.
As a Florida resident, I am pleased that Governor DeSantis mostly allowed us to choose our individual COVID responses.

Old 10-11-2020, 06:46 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The Florida economy is not alright and his response was a failure in July and August, this poll is premature since he allowed bars and other businesses to open 2 weeks ago. The northeast had the outbreak in March and April, Florida had a surge in July and August, this disease has a long delay time.
The economy is not all right due to factors out of Florida's control, like decimation of tourism all over the world.

His response was a failure in July and August? His response was correct. It was local leaders that failed, by rushing to shut down businesses. As he predicted, hospitals never hit capacity - never came even close. All the doomsday predictions were wrong.

Old 10-11-2020, 06:50 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

No clue what DeSantis is talking about.

Florida stands as a warning example of what NOT do.

First we closed everything down, and then rushed to re-open and lost lot of lives, and ICUs were struggling. As of today we still have mask mandates, and many businesses are still operating only partially. Also, I believe the Republican ran Miami still has curfews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies