Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2020, 07:49 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Prior to retirement, I flew for business at a minimum weekly and often times multiple times in a week. I had millions of airline points. I have lost track of the number of instances I frequently observed where a passenger became unruly, verbally and / or physically combative over really stupid stuff. Weather, mechanical and air traffic delays often served as a trigger. Alcohol was a common factor. Cutting off a passenger was rarely well received.

While most families seek to be seated together, some adults intentionally put distance between themselves and their devil spawn who kick the seat in front of them, recline / upright/ decline in rapid succession and worse for the entire flight. This can compel otherwise mild mannered people to explode.

Always had a back up stash of M&Ms.
I have flown back and forth from Asia a lot. I see Chinese men seat their wife and infants together while they sit in another section of the plane. I have seen that a lot. I know they are Chinese because my wife speaks 5 languages including Mandarin. It's something to see. Asian women pulling together to help a perfect stranger with her infants. Holding them, walking the aisle so mom can get a nap. All while baby daddy is elsewhere on the plane sleeping through the 15 hour flight.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Um remind me if you will, which presidential nominee has 20 something claims of sexual assault or harassment? If you were not virtue signalling on only the Democrats you'd post that. I am glad you are independent, but for someone claiming to be independent and willing to vote Democrat, you sure live bashing them more...
I hammer on Trump LOL. How many times must I post how much I detest the man and would never vote for him? That said just because Trump has 20 something allegations doesn't mean that I will vote for a guy with 1 or 8 credible allegations, not to mention enough video to make a moral person puke.

But you do raise a valid point. Does the left have the moral high ground to condemn Trump after they slandered Bill Clinton's many accusers? After they defended Joe Hair sniffing Biden? His own running mate claims to believe his accusers. How do you reconcile that? Let me guess, My rapist isn't as bad as yours because mine has done it less times? Mine wears a condom every time so he is at heart a good guy?

Please show me in even 1 post where I defend trump against his accusers or give him anything close to a free pass for it. I am not the one willing to vote for a demonstrated pervert. Are you?

Old 10-14-2020, 08:01 PM

Ill take ACB over Sotomayor or Kavanaugh. She is no RBG, but she appears to be competent. My Lawyer friend absolutely likes her better than Sotamayor. I have to take his word over political hacks and CNN talking heads.

Can a judge make a ruling based upon law over personal beliefs? I certainly hope so.

Anyone who is a boss has to do it all the time. Policy over personal opinions, over personal beliefs. Yep we do it every day.

Her stand on the ACA? Yeah it was a very bad piece of legislation especially for those of us who already had health insurance. Universal Health care would have been far better and they could have done it if they wanted to. After all they passed the unaffordable care act without a sing republican vote.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:04 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
There were only 3 Senators that could hold their own with ACB. That would be Cruz, Lee and Coon. I don't like Coon but he's the only Dem worth his Salt. Booker did mediocre.

Hawley and Kennedy did pretty good also.
She's schooled all of the Democrats and was way above their level.

Harris is and was unlikeable and a terrible cross examiner.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:26 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I hammer on Trump LOL. How many times must I post how much I detest the man and would never vote for him? That said just because Trump has 20 something allegations doesn't mean that I will vote for a guy with 1 or 8 credible allegations, not to mention enough video to make a moral person puke.

But you do raise a valid point. Does the left have the moral high ground to condemn Trump after they slandered Bill Clinton's many accusers? After they defended Joe Hair sniffing Biden? His own running mate claims to believe his accusers. How do you reconcile that? Let me guess, My rapist isn't as bad as yours because mine has done it less times? Mine wears a condom every time so he is at heart a good guy?

Please show me in even 1 post where I defend trump against his accusers or give him anything close to a free pass for it. I am not the one willing to vote for a demonstrated pervert. Are you?
I don't buy it (the bold) for one second. You instantly turned questioning which presidential candidate had 20 and turn it into an attack on Biden, Clinton and Democrats. You attacking Trump is merely throwing a bone to the Dems.

I often hear about the Juanita Broaddrick (the only true Bill Clinton accuser) but like Biden's and Trump's she never got a fair issue. Most of Clinton's exploits were actually consensual. Trump had a few of these start as consensual but he was accused by Ivanka Trump of marital rape and even domestic abuse. I don't like Biden but he is the best for the job, especially considering the third party options (the three parties all had a meh candidate.)

That said, I don't understand why this hearing and vote continues. There should not be any candidate named this close to an election either Presidential or mid-term.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:30 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
So what are the chances that Amy Barrett gets voted in tomorrow by the Senate? What percentage do you make? Susan Collins and Alaska Senator I believe said that they would not vote for her. Romney said he would. 4 republican senators would have to vote against it for it to not happen, with absolutely no democrats flipping. Very possible I suppose but not likely. What do you all think? Also those 2 republican senators said that they won't support the decision but I suppose they could just not vote at all rather than vote No which wouldn't help the democrats.
She appears solid and there should be no problem with her confirmation.

She will be the sixth Catholic justice in this court.

Like those appointed before her, she appears well beyond the grandstanding of Congress.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:51 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
I don't buy it (the bold) for one second. You instantly turned questioning which presidential candidate had 20 and turn it into an attack on Biden, Clinton and Democrats. You attacking Trump is merely throwing a bone to the Dems.

I often hear about the Juanita Broaddrick (the only true Bill Clinton accuser) but like Biden's and Trump's she never got a fair issue. Most of Clinton's exploits were actually consensual. Trump had a few of these start as consensual but he was accused by Ivanka Trump of marital rape and even domestic abuse. I don't like Biden but he is the best for the job, especially considering the third party options (the three parties all had a meh candidate.)

That said, I don't understand why this hearing and vote continues. There should not be any candidate named this close to an election either Presidential or mid-term.
Dems would do the exact thing if they were in the same position.

Old 10-14-2020, 09:51 PM

Quote:

Well Buy it or not I care not.

RBG had it right. A president is elected for 4 years not 3. These partisan BS games are hamstringing the nation. I said it before and I will again. The left is just POed because its the right doing it to them instead of the other way around. If the democrats controlled the senate they would demanding a nominee. If they had controlled it under Obama we absolutely would have had another Sotomayor or worse. RGB might have stepped down to open the door for another liberal judge. One thing that is certain. There is no dirty trick the left like the right isn't willing to use.

The trump question.I have condemned him to death. I have 2 daughters and a wife. No sane father with daughters would ever endorse or defend Trumps predatory behaviors. As I said though, just because he is slime doesn't mean that I should vote for another slime ball instead. I'm sorry the argument of my rapist isn't as bad as that rapist doesn't win a vote from me. I'll do a right in and n to be an enabler or a partner.

Old 10-14-2020, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
She appears solid and there should be no problem with her confirmation.

She will be the sixth Catholic justice in this court.

Like those appointed before her, she appears well beyond the grandstanding of Congress.
I liked her ability to stay focused and not be baited, she maintained her composure even in regard to some pretty partisan questioning. As I said I like her more than Kavanaugh and she is a far better choice than Sotomayor.

Old 10-14-2020, 10:06 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
I support her for if anything, she is not another Yale or Harvard grad that seems to be the favorite for the Court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies