Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2020, 06:57 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think you are ignorant of the terms rather broad definition, "it has always meant" LOL. Obama was accused if court packing by conservatives when he wanted to fill two vacancies in the DC court, now Trump filling 3 supreme court positions isn't packing. McConnell delaying 170 court judges when he took control of the senate isn't packing, it's just business as usual.

But you can continue to make up your own definition. You sound foolish and partisan.
Speaking of foolish and partisan....pot meet kettle.

Over the past few months, 'court - packing' has meant one, and only one, thing. And for a looong time, it has meant the same. At least back to FDR. The term may have been borrowed here and there, but we all know what it means, eh?

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
Quote:
They are not going to touch the second amendment.
A Harris administration would absolutely go after the 2nd amendment if she rose to power and successfully packed the court.

She's on record arguing that Americans do not have a right to own firearms of any kind.

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Putting Serena Joy on the court is not something a majority of the country wants.
Serena Joy? You mean the character who got her finger chopped off for daring to read? Meanwhile, Amy Coney Barrett not only reads but she is a part of the governing force of our country. I hope y’all realize how utterly ridiculous the Handmaiden’s Tale references are.

Old 10-26-2020, 06:58 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,702 times
Quote:
I think you are ignorant of the terms rather broad definition, "it has always meant" LOL. Obama was accused if court packing by conservatives when he wanted to fill two vacancies in the DC court, now Trump filling 3 supreme court positions isn't packing. McConnell delaying 170 court judges when he took control of the senate isn't packing, it's just business as usual.

But you can continue to make up your own definition. You sound foolish and partisan.
The mid century tactics aren’t really going to work anymore. Most reasonable people recognized that McConnell was exercising his prerogative to block judicial appointments under Obama. He exercised the same prerogative here to push through justices. But these accusations of “court packing” will have less meaning given we, as a society, have witnessed and accepted judicial reform as an integral part of the political process. Neither side should be surprised by judicial reforms in the future.

Old 10-26-2020, 06:59 PM

301 posts, read 183,125 times
Trump is loud and obnoxious but he delivers time and time again. Meanwhile the dems get nothing but good vibes from Obama and Biden. Where are they eating lunch? What is his favorite food?

Results is what makes a difference.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:00 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Serena Joy? You mean the character who got her finger chopped off for daring to read? Meanwhile, Amy Coney Barrett not only reads but she is a part of the governing force of our country. I hope y’all realize how utterly ridiculous the Handmaiden’s Tale references are.
You have the title wrong. Hopes and prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrelo View Post
Trump is loud and obnoxious but he delivers time and time again. Meanwhile the dems get nothing but good vibes from Obama and Biden. Where are they eating lunch? What is his favorite food?

Results is what makes a difference.
I don't disagree. I think Democrats need to learn from this and take the gloves off. Obama took his time and nominated centrist judges to avoid the culture wars. Trump chooses Serena Joy. Lindsay Graham says "hold me accountable" then does the exact opposite. I don't care what Democrats do in the future or how much it divides the country because Republicans clearly don't either. It's about results, regardless.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:01 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
You have the title wrong. Hopes and prayers.
That’s your comeback?

Old 10-26-2020, 07:03 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,702 times
Quote:
I don't disagree. I think Democrats need to learn from this and take the gloves off.
This is the correct attitude. We should first focus on what we can change, which is who our legislative and executive bodies are. We don’t need to dwell on specifics of judicial reform until after the election is over.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:05 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
This is the correct attitude. We should first focus on what we can change, which is who our legislative and executive bodies are. We don’t need to dwell on specifics of judicial reform until after the election is over.
IMO you guys should just give up the unconstitutional far left agenda and stay within the confines of the constitution and you'll have no problems with SCOTUS.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:05 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
It’s a great night for America and our Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies