Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2020, 08:34 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Fake votes? Wow. That’s new to me. Do you have any links or justice dept investigations that have substantiated said claims? I’m interested in learning more about voter fraud. I’ve never been able to find any credible evidence about voter fraud. What exactly is a fake vote? Thanks.
Democrats shut down investigations into voter fraud, and a lot of the findings are classified.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:38 PM

13,927 posts, read 5,614,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Maybe you should stop these fantasy projections and just focus on the now. We can have a robust discussion about judicial reform when we cross that bridge. Why waste your words on hypotheticals when there is an actual election under way?
AOC and her squad were tweeting out their hysteria tonight about increasing the size of the court.

Biden said he has constitutional scholars looking into "rotating" the justices up and down between court levels to alter the members who sit on the SCOTUS.

Neither Biden nor Harris has ever given a straight answer on whether they'd back increasing the size of the court, except Biden on 60 Minutes talking about "reforming the court system" because it "is totally out of whack."

It isn't that hypothetical.

And all I am saying, from the neutral bleachers, is the one place where Republicans have shown remarkable political courage, given their almost total lack of it anywhere else, is taking a new precedent set by Democrats and beating those same Democrats over their heads with it. Which means whatever revenge stuff the Democrats conjure up should they have all three spots in the Executive-Legislative power triumverate, they'd best be careful about what they wish for, because the Republicans will, guaranteed, make them sorry if they take it too far.

Only thing I will EVER give John McCain credit for is him backing Dubyah and the Senate GOP down from going nuclear on judicial appointments when Dubyah was trying to get Estrada, Owens and Rogers-Brown on the bench back in 2005-2006. He was pleading with them that it would come back and bite the arse of whoever did away with the filibuster rules. They listened, and in 2014, Harry Reid didn't.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Well he nominated someone as he should have. The Senate as they should have, gave advise. It was, wait til next year.
Exactly, if Obama had nominated a Kavanaugh or ACB, instead of an activist justice, the Senate would've confirmed Obama's nominee .

Old 10-26-2020, 08:41 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's what I wonder about ACB . I think she will follow the law even if she is not strong on illegal immigration. I want the Court to end birthright citizenship and that precedent where illegals can't be kept out of our public schools.
Whoa. That’s a radical position. Birthright citizenship is actually in the text of the constitution. You’d have to have major judicial activism to rule against that. I’d recommend trying to amend the Constitution. That’s what it should take. “All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.”

Not saying I agree or disagree. It is the Constitution though. Pretty hard road for the SC to “overturn” an amendment in our constitution.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 10-26-2020 at 08:51 PM..

Old 10-26-2020, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Whoa. That’s a radical position. Birthright citizenship is actually in the text of the constitution. You’d have to have major judicial activism to rule against that. I’d recommend trying to admen the Constitution. That’s what it should take. “All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.”

Not saying I agree or disagree. It is the Constitution though. Pretty hard road for the SC to “overturn” an amendment in our constitution.
Nope, illegal aliens are not persons subject to the US jurisdiction. They are illegals and that makes them exempt from birthright citizenship same as an ambassador's children.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:46 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,345,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
AOC and her squad were tweeting out their hysteria tonight about increasing the size of the court.

Biden said he has constitutional scholars looking into "rotating" the justices up and down between court levels to alter the members who sit on the SCOTUS.

Neither Biden nor Harris has ever given a straight answer on whether they'd back increasing the size of the court, except Biden on 60 Minutes talking about "reforming the court system" because it "is totally out of whack."

It isn't that hypothetical.

And all I am saying, from the neutral bleachers, is the one place where Republicans have shown remarkable political courage, given their almost total lack of it anywhere else, is taking a new precedent set by Democrats and beating those same Democrats over their heads with it. Which means whatever revenge stuff the Democrats conjure up should they have all three spots in the Executive-Legislative power triumverate, they'd best be careful about what they wish for, because the Republicans will, guaranteed, make them sorry if they take it too far.

Only thing I will EVER give John McCain credit for is him backing Dubyah and the Senate GOP down from going nuclear on judicial appointments when Dubyah was trying to get Estrada, Owens and Rogers-Brown on the bench back in 2005-2006. He was pleading with them that it would come back and bite the arse of whoever did away with the filibuster rules. They listened, and in 2014, Harry Reid didn't.
1. Democrats will need control of both chambers to even begin that discussion.
2. The fact that Republicans currently control the Senate makes all of this purely speculative.

Seriously, stop hyperventilating. We should be focusing on making sure voters are heard and encouraging registered voters to vote.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:47 PM

8,106 posts, read 3,661,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Well he nominated someone as he should have. The Senate as they should have, gave advise. It was, wait til next year.
Lol, the argument was "too close to election". Of course it was not nearly as close as it was now. Sorry, no amount of bs changes that.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:47 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,805,770 times
Congrats Justice Barrett.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:52 PM

8,106 posts, read 3,661,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Nope, illegal aliens are not persons subject to the US jurisdiction. They are illegals and that makes them exempt from birthright citizenship same as an ambassador's children.
Lol, what are you drinking? Anybody, born in this country with the exception of diplomat's children is a US citizen. If you don't like it, either change the law or move out.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:56 PM

13,927 posts, read 5,614,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
1. Democrats will need control of both chambers to even begin that discussion.
2. The fact that Republicans currently control the Senate makes all of this purely speculative.

Seriously, stop hyperventilating. We should be focusing on making sure voters are heard and encouraging registered voters to vote.
I'm not hyperventilating. I couldn't care less.

They are screaming about it, but you are absolutely right. They need the House, Senate and White House, and more than that, they need a majority in the Congress and the President to be cool with setting a precedent the Republicans will shove right up their collective arses at some future date.

For all their bluster and nonsense, there's no way they get that stupid even if they took back the whole enchilada. It's possible, but it sure ain't probable. They have some cooler heads in both chambers of the Legislature who would do the McCain thing and back them off their roof ledges.

I am agreeing with the theory that it isn't going to happen, and the reason I am not hyperventilating, besides being an anarchist who doesn't GAFF, is because I know how out of the realm of probability their shrieking is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.